Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Any Game Starter 3 [Updated: v. 2.6]

by jonha Posted 17th Jun 2010 at 12:44 PM - Updated 1st Dec 2020 at 6:34 PM by jonha

292 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 253 Feedback Posts, 38 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 12
Inventor
THANKS POST
#126 Old 3rd Oct 2010 at 2:34 PM
Hi jonha,

thanks very much. Especially like the launcher starting part.

For me the context menu is still in english.
Scholar
Original Poster
#127 Old 3rd Oct 2010 at 2:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crinrict
For me the context menu is still in english.

I didn't fixed the de-CH issue, yet. Maybe you need to rename/copy the de-DE file to de-CH again.
Inventor
#128 Old 3rd Oct 2010 at 2:41 PM
Ok. Will try.

Also, for one of my german installations, I got an english and a german profile folder (was like this with verson 1.2 as well. It's clearly using the german. Can I just delete the english one or should I redo the profile ?

EDIT:

copying worked. Everything is german now. Thanks.
Scholar
Original Poster
#129 Old 4th Oct 2010 at 6:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crinrict
Also, for one of my german installations, I got an english and a german profile folder (was like this with verson 1.2 as well. It's clearly using the german. Can I just delete the english one or should I redo the profile ?

You can delete the english one. Ok course it probably make sense to check first if there are important data or savegames in it.
Lab Assistant
#130 Old 9th Oct 2010 at 8:22 PM
First off i'd like to thank you for making this easy to use program.
I have a few questions to ask.

1. Is it possible to bring over recolors (eg. CAS wallcovering, floor tiles) from the base game over to the "cloned" game starters.

2. Lets say i make a house with the Ambitions EP installed without using your program to make a house using the base game without any EPs. Will said house be playable for a person who only has the base game or will i have to re-create the house on the base game without the EPs.

Sorry if these questions have been asked or it's hard to understand. Thanks =)

-pr0zkilla

I have walked the edge of the Abyss.
I have governed the unwilling.
I have witnessed countless empires break before me.
I have seen the most courageous soldiers fall away in fear.
I have seen your future.
And I have learned.
There will be no more Sadness. No more Anger. No more Envy.
Scholar
Original Poster
#131 Old 10th Oct 2010 at 1:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pr0zkilla
1. Is it possible to bring over recolors (eg. CAS wallcovering, floor tiles) from the base game over to the "cloned" game starters.

The obvious method would be to export your pattern to a sims3pack file in profile A and import it in the launcher of profile B, but you may also be able to just copy the local file in which it is saved, which may be easier.

2. Lets say i make a house with the Ambitions EP installed without using your program to make a house using the base game without any EPs. Will said house be playable for a person who only has the base game or will i have to re-create the house on the base game without the EPs.

It will be loadable, but of course all the Ambition stuff will be missing or replaced with similar base game items, if existant.
Lab Assistant
#132 Old 10th Oct 2010 at 4:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jonha
The obvious method would be to export your pattern to a sims3pack file in profile A and import it in the launcher of profile B, but you may also be able to just copy the local file in which it is saved, which may be easier.

Ahh... i see. As for the patterns, where is the local file located in the profile folder. I don't really want to export all my patterns as i have quite a few of em.

-pr0zkilla

I have walked the edge of the Abyss.
I have governed the unwilling.
I have witnessed countless empires break before me.
I have seen the most courageous soldiers fall away in fear.
I have seen your future.
And I have learned.
There will be no more Sadness. No more Anger. No more Envy.
Scholar
Original Poster
#133 Old 15th Oct 2010 at 7:58 PM
Ahh... i see. As for the patterns, where is the local file located in the profile folder. I don't really want to export all my patterns as i have quite a few of em.

I guess it's the UserPresets.package in your documents/the sims 3 folder, but I'm not sure. Never tried this myself.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#134 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 3:02 PM
I downloaded this ages ago and only used it for the first time yesterday. It's a great tool, very easy to use and extremely useful for anyone who creates lots/worlds for the game. Thanks jonha :D
Test Subject
#135 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 10:02 PM Last edited by Certifyed : 6th Nov 2010 at 2:16 AM.
Hello. I am trying to understand how to use this program. I want to make 2 seperate profiles but none of my cc from my default profile is showing up in the new profiles games. I am also using Custom Launcher with Package Management perhaps this is causing the problem. When I create a new profile do I have to copy the downloads and mods folder from the default profile to each new profile or should they read the cc already installed automatically? I would really like to use this program to create seperate profiles for me and my wife because we sometimes us different mods and custom music. Thanks in advance.
Scholar
Original Poster
#136 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 6:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Certifyed
When I create a new profile do I have to copy the downloads and mods folder from the default profile to each new profile or should they read the cc already installed automatically?

You have to copy them manually, but I have the option to copy the default stuff on my todo list.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#137 Old 8th Nov 2010 at 3:45 PM
Gotcha. Thanks. Works great! I look forward to future updates.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#138 Old 11th Nov 2010 at 4:09 AM
Thanks for this, loved the sims 2 version and was just waiting for a sims 3 version. Will be very helpful for building house's for upload.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#139 Old 12th Nov 2010 at 5:06 AM
All right I'am having issues I copied my mods folder over yet it does not show that any mods are install at all, nor do any load. I keep my files in a folder system if that matters.

Yet it I move the hole EA folder over it does show a count yet Mods do not load
Can you pleases help.

wendy
Scholar
Original Poster
#140 Old 19th Nov 2010 at 6:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wendylady
Yet it I move the hole EA folder over it does show a count yet Mods do not load
Can you pleases help.

No idea. Works fine here, and the profile's EA-folder should work exactly like the original one. You are probably doing something wrong, but it's impossible from here, to see what you have done. Just look at the instructions again and make sure everything is correct.
Lab Assistant
#141 Old 23rd Nov 2010 at 4:48 PM
Default Uninstall v1.2 before installing v1.3?
Hi oh! Thanks so much for this great tool...
I've only just gotten my game fully patched to 3.8blahblah, after having to uninstall and re-install a gajillion times... I still have version 1.2 of the Anygame starter and haven't tried to open up any 'Any' games (I'm not attached to any of my 'Anygames', as I use only one base game version for object testing...)
So, my question is, do you recommend uninstalling the version 1.2 before installing Anygame version 1.3?

I have to admit I didn't search the thread *very* hard before asking this question, so I apologize in advance if I missed the instructions somewhere...

Thank you in advance for your kind consideration!
Scholar
Original Poster
#142 Old 27th Nov 2010 at 4:45 PM
No, you can and should simply install it over the old version. This info is now on the front page, too.
Test Subject
#143 Old 10th Dec 2010 at 4:57 PM
Well, I'm running a few profiles and love it but just a question and (maybe) a bug that I noticed some days ago:

Can I install awesomemod to run in one of my AGS3 profiles? I guess that maybe it'll work if I put the .dll in the Game/Bin of the real game and then put the .package in the Mods folder of the AGS profile, but I'm not sure.

And the problem I got that I'm not sure it's fault of AGS and the game itself or only of the game (I think it's more probably to be a patch issue...): Since I've had TS3 I've had to be very careful with my battery, because if it went down I couldn't restore the computer as I normally do (what a pain in the ass!) and it took me a lot of time to turn it on again.
The problem is, that just some days ago the game started to make the computer turn off. Firstly I though it could be some CC so I convert all to packages and then used the Dashboard to fix them. It didn't work, 'coz the game was still doing that strange thing so I just try to run a profile with no CC at all and with only the base game. It also makes the computer go down.
I think I'm gonna try it with my default game to see if it start to hapen it there too...
Well, just let you know ^^ I hope it's only a problem of a patch or something like that.
Scholar
Original Poster
#144 Old 19th Dec 2010 at 1:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jezabel Wrote
Can I install awesomemod to run in one of my AGS3 profiles? I guess that maybe it'll work if I put the .dll in the Game/Bin of the real game and then put the .package in the Mods folder of the AGS profile, but I'm not sure.

You don't need the dll file if you have a recent patch and have the mods in your documents folder. Just put awesome.package in your Mods/Packages folder in the profile, maybe clean your scriptcache, and you're finished. Works fine. I have several profiles with Awesomemod.

Quote: Originally posted by Jezabel Wrote
And the problem I got that I'm not sure it's fault of AGS and the game itself or only of the game (I think it's more probably to be a patch issue...): Since I've had TS3 I've had to be very careful with my battery, because if it went down I couldn't restore the computer as I normally do (what a pain in the ass!) and it took me a lot of time to turn it on again.
The problem is, that just some days ago the game started to make the computer turn off. Firstly I though it could be some CC so I convert all to packages and then used the Dashboard to fix them. It didn't work, 'coz the game was still doing that strange thing so I just try to run a profile with no CC at all and with only the base game. It also makes the computer go down.
I think I'm gonna try it with my default game to see if it start to hapen it there too...
Well, just let you know ^^ I hope it's only a problem of a patch or something like that.

Any Game Starter just starts the game in a slightly different environment. When the computer shuts down by itself, this is usually caused by a critical problem, and it's unlikely that something like this can be caused by AGS. I would rather guess you have a driver/hardware problem or your computer is overheating.
Test Subject
#145 Old 22nd Dec 2010 at 11:32 AM Last edited by lichtje : 30th Dec 2010 at 1:31 AM.
Hello jonha,

this was exactly what I was looking for. Pity I can't make the AnyGameStarter work with my game. I am using Win 7, all EPs incl. Late Night installed. No matter what I choose for the profile, it always launches Late Night with default language. Even if I start the AnyGameStarter as an admin. Do you have a hint what I might try else?

What I would like to use it for is to build something I can't build anymore, cause it has been patched: Connecting pools to cellars. Because it was patched with EP Late Night I thought mayby switching back to Ambitions would allow connecting pools to cellars again. Or are functions like this not influenced by the AnyGameStarter?

Thank you
lichtje

Update to my post:
Switching the language and coosing the EP works IF Late Night is included in the selection.
If Late Nate isn't checked in the profile, language selection and EP selection is ignored.
Forum Resident
#146 Old 26th Dec 2010 at 7:48 PM Last edited by Winterhart : 31st Dec 2010 at 11:37 PM. Reason: 1 issue resolved and title change
Default Can't get Riverview into AGS
Hi Jonha,

Edit - First issue resolved.

I can't get Riverview into Any Game Starter games.
I thought I had asked about this before but after going through my old posts I couldn't find the answer. What I did do before was start the Any Game Starter game, then open the launcher from within that game and download and install Riverview from there. That works for other store content but not for Riverview any more. With other store content the status in the launcher shows up as downloaded, for Riverview it doesn't. When I try to install Riverview the launcher tries to put it in my regular game and then gives a message saying that Riverview is already installed. When I click on show file in the launcher the file is in the download folder for the correct game. I have tried double clicking on that and all that does is try to put it in my regular game.

Sorry for the extra long post.
Thank you for your time and

Sometimes the Dragon wins and I AM the Dragon!
Test Subject
#147 Old 29th Dec 2010 at 5:33 PM Last edited by lichtje : 30th Dec 2010 at 12:20 AM.
Hello Winterhart,

Quote: Originally posted by Winterhart
I recently had to update my patches to have your program work. After doing so I started getting strange glowing balls and + signs when I destroyed something or added something both in my regular game and Any Game Starter games.

These balls are caused by an outdated no censor mod. Update your no censor or delete it and they won't appear no more.

Mit simmendem Gruß
lichtje
Test Subject
#148 Old 31st Dec 2010 at 11:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jonha
You don't need the dll file if you have a recent patch and have the mods in your documents folder. Just put awesome.package in your Mods/Packages folder in the profile, maybe clean your scriptcache, and you're finished. Works fine. I have several profiles with Awesomemod.

Any Game Starter just starts the game in a slightly different environment. When the computer shuts down by itself, this is usually caused by a critical problem, and it's unlikely that something like this can be caused by AGS. I would rather guess you have a driver/hardware problem or your computer is overheating.

Yes, I tried some time ago the awesomemod and works perfectly in both the base game and in the AGS profiles.
I still wondering what happen with the bloody computer, because it only shuts down when playing sims 3 But yeah, sure it's not an AGS problem.
Forum Resident
#150 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 7:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kissy_clare
Just one question: What is the fascination with these 'Any game starters'?

If you want to start a particular expansion pack you just select it from the start menu any old n00b can do that.

Could you explain this? What start menu are you talking about?

Sometimes the Dragon wins and I AM the Dragon!
Page 6 of 12