Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Aug 2014 at 10:44 PM
Default Victorian Gameplay Mod Help
Okay so I've started playing Sims 2 fully Victorian/Edwardian style with this rich wealthy family as my start and I found most CC needed and everything I needed however I'd like to ask are there any mods that can help me make it be more "realistic" and more believable as it really is the correct period?

Thank you whoever helps me in this weird question also I hope I have posted this to correct section of the forums.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 7th Aug 2014 at 10:49 PM
Do you have default roads and traffic? Defaulted objects? I'm not sure on the item defaults as I play medieval and some of those might or might not suit. Dicreasy has a beautiful set of defaults for meals. http://disemporium.dreamwidth.org/11451.html I was so very tempted but it's too modern for my game. Anything in fact made by Di would be perfect. http://dicreasy.livejournal.com/

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#3 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 12:36 AM
Do you use inteen so that when your Sims woohoo, they have a chance (but not a guarantee) of pregnancy? The odds are more realistic than compared to the Maxis option to "try for baby". Also, with inteen, your teens can get pregnant. If you want teens to be able to marry, you'll need Marhis's wedding arch from More Awesome than you. Also, there are a couple of Victorian maternity dresses for teens at Inseminator and at All About Style.

Boiling Oil has mods that create a more realistic harvest amount from gardening and a lower payout from fishing. That seems more realistic to me. I once had a mod that allowed my Sims to bake bread. It was made by Crocobaura, but I'm not sure where I got it. It may have been the Medieval Smithy. I also had a mod to make different soups at one time.

You might look for defaulted items, as Jo said. There are replacements for everything from school books to toys to maids to Sim snacks. Also, you'll want your kids to stay home or not go to school all the time. You can get a mod for that at Simlogical: http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...Schooltypes.htm

Do you want your mothers to nurse their babies? There's a hack for that, too. Squinge made it, but Boiling Oil improved on it: http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/thread-1247.html

Victorian maternity wear at inteen: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,75322.0.html (while I have that open)

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 9:45 AM
Thank you both! The things you suggested were very helpful.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 7:13 PM
There was an amazing Victorian default NPC replacement set on here a few years back, do you have those?

BoilingOil's "leave kids and pets unattended" might be good too. Victorian children didn't have nannies, at least not the poor ones. They were up chimneys and down mines! The social worker will still take children if they are neglected, don't do homework, or all adults on the lot are dead.

The school system at SimLogical would be helpful if only for the custom "flexischool" - again, school was often a privilege for the rich. You could also download the boarding school, which might be fun to play on another lot

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#6 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 2:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
BoilingOil's "leave kids and pets unattended" might be good too. Victorian children didn't have nannies, at least not the poor ones. They were up chimneys and down mines! The social worker will still take children if they are neglected, don't do homework, or all adults on the lot are dead.

No, she won't. BO has said that with his mod she will not come for anything.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 9:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
There was an amazing Victorian default NPC replacement set on here a few years back, do you have those?

That link to Disemporium that Jo posted has some absolutely lovely NPC skins but I don't think they're defaulted. However, I've just defaulted the male version of the policeman (with a version of the skin of my own) for Polgannon. I'm thinking of doing the originals for release. It will take me a while because I'm still working on Polgannon but if I get them done, I'll put them up here.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Field Researcher
#8 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 10:52 PM
Faechangeling has some downloads, including some great defaults for guys here. Not all the links seem to work anymore, though. :-(

Juri Anne has DRs for (I think) all the book covers here.

You'll probably want to check out hexameter's stuff on this site- he's got replacements for some of the NPC vehicles, including a mod that replaces the cars in the neighborhood screen with horses and buggies. They still go at the same speed, though, so it's a little weird!

Here's a mod that changes the outside trash can to a barrel. I'm not sure how accurate this would be to the Victorian era, but it's better than the default one!

Cobbled roads are here.

Here's a feather quill to replace the pen.

You'll want to check out the rest of Dicreasy's stuff; she has defaults for the mailbox, soccer ball, barber chair, and other things. She also made a baby outfit posted to GoS here, but I haven't tried it out yet.

Delightful Elegance has some things that are more colonial-era, but are closer in period than medieval replacements.

I've got a Victorian game too, so I've been looking for defaults too! :-)

Hey- if you said something to me in a post and I didn't write back, I'm sorry. Sometimes I don't feel good enough to post and by the time I'm able to the thread's old enough that I feel kind of weird about bumping it just to post one or two sentences. So please don't take it personally! :)
Mad Poster
#9 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 8:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
No, she won't. BO has said that with his mod she will not come for anything.

Huh. Well then I wonder what makes this different from the original social worker hack. Sorry!

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#10 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 9:12 PM
I like ACR for old-fashioned hoods, not for the randyness, but because you can change settings to make (for example) women won't accept ANY sort of flirting (much less anything else), and men won't cheat. Or a few "loose" women will do anything with anyone, and not get jealous, and can get pregnant even though not married.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..