Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Oct 2012 at 3:32 AM
Groc the Sim - Premieres Oct. 20th - submit your sims funny story
http://youtu.be/6zXBSOW2UUY

So, I'm just an artist looking to make stuff myself. I did take inspiration from Strangerhood and went along a different path. The idea didn't strike me until one day, my sim just did something random that made my day a little lighter. This reminded me of all those wierd quirks that sims have on full autonomy, things that even we all do. Raise your hand if you had ice cream for breakfast? Or decided to go skinny dipping on the first date? Or even had your pets destroy your house just because? Exactly. So, I'm putting down everything funny about ourselves and sim life into a full vlog series on YouTube.

At this time, my cast of voice over actors (yes, no silly sub-text!) are working hard to give my sims decent dub overs from their natural simlish. This means that the dubbing won't be exact, but it will be fluent.

Groc is from the planet Mercury. He is making a vlog about his stay in SimTown, SimIsland Earth. He lives in an underwater house with his two evil genius cats who love to destroy things and set things on fire! He is also going to have a mystery man following him about, trying to exploit him. Groc, once a superstar, and every Mercurian Girl's wet dream, has decided to get away from all that to enjoy a simpler life on a small island. This does not come without its hazards. Living on such a small island in the sims can have its problems. For example, the manic trash can that won't let anybody into the grocery store and cannot be moved, or the fact that because his house is underwater, no one can get in unless they swim to the roof. There are no bridges in SimTown, but I'm hoping to make one here in is post.

I've come a long way since my last few machinimas, one got second place in the Live the Dream official Sims 3 contest. But, I'm looking to expand my creativity to the next level of video editing using this series and hoping to make it timeless.

Every week or so, I'm going to crank out another episode and post it to YouTube.
I am also trying to make daily and weekly updates about my gameplay in this story and truly make Groc as real as can be. "He" will be posting updates about his life via his twitter @GrocTheSim and on Facebook Groc Smith.

Here's the cool part: I would live for you to post ideas and share your sims 3 funny tales if you want to see them come to SimLife in my webisodes/vlogs.
And if you are serious about getting your sim tale made into a part of gross life, you can email me at [email protected] since I am there much, much, much more often.

I wish I had dime for every time a sim made me fall out my chair laughing and am now trying to recreate those memories, but buying new expansions has taken away all those dimes and I would love to be able to mix-it-up while giving the story masterminds some credit too.

Thanks and keep on creating!
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 9th Oct 2012 at 3:35 AM
Forgive my autocorrects.
Interstellar Traveler
#3 Old 9th Oct 2012 at 3:32 PM
Interesting.. but don't you think you should come out with more episodes or already have them done before you start asking people for their own stories? Just so they know for sure how well it may turn out.

Formally SeeMyu | Retired Mod
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Oct 2012 at 6:45 PM
I do have five episodes comepleted, but I won't be showing them until October 20th so that way I have enough time to keep them rolling each week.
You can check out one of my older machinimas on my channel from that link above. I will let you know first hand that I've upgraded a lot as far as software goes. I was using movie maker for those projects and am now using all Adobe cs5. I am still attending AIP online and have passed courses in animation and video editing. Yeah, I know what that sounds like, but you'll just have to check out my work.
Here is a good example of my first class project in editing: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wZFn6V6n9oM

Also, I'm willing to wait until people meet Groc for their submissions.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Oct 2012 at 2:41 PM
First episode premieres this Saturday! Yay! I'm now working on a villain type character to appear in a future episode.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Oct 2012 at 3:27 AM
Episode 2 premieres in November!