Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Apr 2006 at 11:07 AM
Default my new mesh object cant be placed down in buy mode
I made a new mesh for a paino. it appears in the catlogue, but when i place it down in my sims house it all red as if i was placing it in a wall.
PLEEEEEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!! :sadpanda:
More Details: GUID changed, mesh and textures are working. but it just cant be placed in a sims house or garden.
:weep:
Advertisement
Part-time Hermit
#2 Old 14th Apr 2006 at 12:39 PM
Did you change all the GUIDs? If so, then try uploading your object here as an attachment and I can take a look.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Apr 2006 at 4:36 PM Last edited by IgnorantBliss : 20th May 2006 at 7:56 AM. Reason: removed attachment
My file
Here is the file. The texture on this is the same as the original piano so it doesnt look very good. it appears in the cattalog as a seperate object so i think the GUID(s) are fine. i know you have solved lots of peoples problems, and i hope you can solve mine.
:bandit:
Part-time Hermit
#4 Old 14th Apr 2006 at 4:58 PM
I still don't know why the piano can't be placed on the ground, but I found a problem with the GUIDs and MMAT: You had updated MMATs for the wrong GUID. The MMAT needs to point to the main GUID which is 0x001CD01E. You can fix that manually by opening the MMAT and clicking on the objectGUID line, changing the value to the correct GUID, committing and saving.

Why do you have the texture in a separate package? Why not import it into the mesh package?

I would recommend you make a new clone and follow the lines of the JWoods object creation tutorial that you can find in the tutorial section.