Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 7:48 PM
Default WCIF contemporary Japanese city buildings?
I'm longing to play a contemporary urban Japanese neighborhood lately, and I decided it would be simple to use Bridgeport as a map, bulldozing each American-looking lots there and placing Japanese themed community and residential lots instead. The problem is that I searched in vain for Japanese city high-rises and any other kind of urban lots (karaoke rooms? pachinko parlor? otaku nerd shop? Buddhist graveyard? Hanami big park?) to download. Maybe it's that I search in English and that's why I cannot find Asian sites that might have downloadable lots like these. I have begun to build some of them, but it's incredibly slow and time consuming, and I can't wait to play, so I would prefer download.

I think something like his: Tokyo Shinjuku
Screenshots
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 9:32 PM
search instead "sims 3 asian lots"

There are also fake buildings like this: http://sohosims.tumblr.com/post/135...lackmojitos-and

And tons of lots here: https://www.thesimsresource.com/the...ory/sims3-lots/
Mad Poster
#3 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 11:19 PM
Noir's Tokyo World comes with a lot of buildings, including Tokyo Tower! :lovestruc
http://noiranddarksims.blogspot.com...-town-beta.html
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 7:44 AM
Yes, of course I searched "sims 3 asian lots", too, but, as your TSR hit list shows, the result is mostly traditional, Edo-style, rural, quaint, small town-vibe buildings, which are nice, but right now I'm interested in metropolitan Tetris-like Tokyo-type high-rises.
The Blackmojitos is a very interesting link, thank you! I will definitely check it out even if at first blink it looks more like New York than Tokyo.
The Beta Tokyo world is a good find, I knew about that, but sadly, it is totally unfinished - Noir and Dark Sims never declared it to be completed, only beta, and apparently it is - I downloaded it a month ago, checked it and almost 90 % of the buildings that you see on the pics are empty shells - painted exterior walls only, but not even interior walls. So the Tokyo beta world would be almost as many work to build, decorate and finish as building my own city from scratch.
Hmmm worst case scenario: I build my own stuff and maybe upload the best pieces - in case any other player is in need of Tokyo-style stuff like me...
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 9:30 PM
There is this...download button is in with the video. https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/di...-by-tokyo-japan
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 3:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KatyFernlily
There is this...download button is in with the video. https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/di...-by-tokyo-japan

Oh yes, Tokyoko, I remember I have seen it somewhere but - I wonder why not - I didn't download it. Certainly worth to give a try, thanks!!
Mad Poster
#7 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 3:58 PM Last edited by GrijzePilion : 21st Aug 2017 at 4:58 PM.
I think someone on here's making a Japanese urban world that you can download. Comes with a whole bunch of lots. I'll have a look.

Yeah, here it is. Bankenshima. It's a period world, but not by much, so that won't be a problem.
Now that's funny that you mention Bridgeport, because this is a Japanese world set in 1988 and I have a Bridgeport that's also set in 1988. Yours is a Japanese Bridgeport. So there's gotta be pretty good overlap between your world, mine, and Bankenshima.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 8:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
I think someone on here's making a Japanese urban world that you can download. Comes with a whole bunch of lots. I'll have a look.

Yeah, here it is. Bankenshima. It's a period world, but not by much, so that won't be a problem.
Now that's funny that you mention Bridgeport, because this is a Japanese world set in 1988 and I have a Bridgeport that's also set in 1988. Yours is a Japanese Bridgeport. So there's gotta be pretty good overlap between your world, mine, and Bankenshima.

Yes I noticed the Bankenshima thread when it was more active and I even tried to download the beta world just to take a peek. But I couldn't, it gave me an error message, and since at that time I didn't have this sudden obsession for Japan yet, I didn't make more efforts to get it. Maybe this time I try to figure out how to download it without error.

Bridgeport seemed to me the simplest solution instead of downloading a custom world - it's not too nice-looking, not too green, has a port, and the map offers a comfortably high-density downtown center. I don't know though how crash-y it will be.