Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 11:16 PM
Default TS4 WTF moments
Since this was - and still is - such a popular thread on the TS3 board, it seemed appropriate to make a version for TS4 as well. After all, any Sims game is bound to have utterly baffling moments! :p

So I'll start:

When child Sims take after their parents.
Advertisement
One Minute Ninja'd
#2 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 12:18 AM
Well damn, BH, with stuff like that to look forward to, you might have finally given me a reason to jump on after all.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 1:08 AM

And this one Sim just loved to go up to the dollhouse, over and over again! Every time I fixed it, she'd be back up there - she's not mean, or mischievous. None of her housemates did it! Just her.

So all the kids in the house would be walking around with this all day:

Why so cruel Sims, why?!?
Forum Resident
#4 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 2:44 AM
i've had my male sim hit his poor daughter's teddy repeatedly.
he had an evil trait and use'd his open hand to do so.
totally a WTF moment.

sorry, no pictures, as origine ruined that game for me.
(that, too, was a total WTF moment, btw)
Scholar
#5 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 2:56 AM
I had my sim share her dreams with someone. Her dreams were of a pair of soiled underwear. Why the other sim didn't run away screaming, I'll never know.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 4:03 AM
I have a shower upstairs that keeps breaking. When I repair it, the Sim magically wrenches the one in the downstairs bathroom instead. It works so I'm not complaining.
Instructor
#7 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 4:09 AM
Yassss!! I always loved that thread!!

Let's see. Literally less then 5 sim minutes later after showing up to the lounge in Oasis for the first time someone died.

The next time I went she was haunting the bathrooms and breaking everything. The toilet was floating off the ground then went back down then started spewing water everywhere.

Then the third and most recent time I went there someone was just standing there crying over the dead ladies urn. She had streams of tears which I felt were a bit excessive considering the complete and total lack of emotion that was shown the night she died.

Also, what's with all the old people? I'm convinced Oasis is just a retirement community.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 4:48 AM Last edited by glastduke2131 : 26th Oct 2014 at 3:40 PM. Reason: just rechecked, no YA
Quote: Originally posted by melbrewer367
Also, what's with all the old people? I'm convinced Oasis is just a retirement community.

It's just the Lounge lot assignment, it says in the XML that the ideal patrons are elders, despite the range being A to E
Instructor
#9 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 6:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by glastduke2131
It's just the Lounge lot assignment, it says in the XML that the ideal patrons are elders, despite the range being YA - A - E

Ah, gotcha. What do you do if you're too old for the bar but too young for the lounge? lol
Instructor
#10 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 6:43 AM
This crazy chick, excuse me, insane chick...literally, she has the insane trait...got dared to streak she took off in a flash without so much as a second thought and apparently was super proud of herself.

Of course, once she put some clothes on I had a talk with her. "Hey man, there are kids in this neighborhood. That's not cool." And she was all...

"What? Everyone's seen a naked body before. Are you saying my naked body isn't good enough to be seen?"
I was going to call the cops and have them take care of her but...you know...they're gone. It's a naked free for all now I guess.

lol
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 9:22 AM
Damn, this thread exploded. Fuck yeah!

Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
Well damn, BH, with stuff like that to look forward to, you might have finally given me a reason to jump on after all.

Joiiinnn uuussssssss!

Quote: Originally posted by brytewolf

And this one Sim just loved to go up to the dollhouse, over and over again! Every time I fixed it, she'd be back up there - she's not mean, or mischievous. None of her housemates did it! Just her.

So all the kids in the house would be walking around with this all day:

Why so cruel Sims, why?!?

Quote: Originally posted by Mishy
i've had my male sim hit his poor daughter's teddy repeatedly.
he had an evil trait and use'd his open hand to do so.
totally a WTF moment.

Oh my good giddy God, I played a game the other day before it bugged out and annoyed me, where the father kept doing this to his only child. He didn't even have the evil trait, just mean! But whenever I wasn't paying attention, he would lug his way over to his son's bedroom and smash the unholy fuck out of that doll's house. I was sorely tempted to sell the fucking thing.

And yes, he kept wanting to beat him his son's giant plush doll too. NO. BAD SIM. Ever since I learnt that they actually change expressions and sort of emote, I've been waaaayyyy too attached to them.

Hey, the older generation has to go somewhere! :P
Mad Poster
#12 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 9:34 AM
Ah, gotcha. What do you do if you're too old for the bar but too young for the lounge? lol

Nightclub?

My YA sims don't have the whim to go to a lounge, it's usually the bar or nightclub. Now I know the lounge is geared toward elders, good to know when my sims get old and looking for companionship.

ETA: The musical chairs is driving me batty! Will you sit your ass down and stay in the seat you have already? Dammit! Are you that hard of hearing that sitting across the table from your conversation is better if you move to the seat next to them? I hate it! *end rant*

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#13 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 5:57 PM
So my Sim wandered into her daughter's room earlier today. Then she had an energy failure, faceplanted on the floor, ass in the air. Her daughter was busy on the activity table, and frankly, I don't blame her. Did I mention her mother was wearing sexy lingerie as well? No?

Yeaaahhhhh...
Theorist
#14 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 7:07 PM
The bride really likes her fork...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#15 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 1:27 AM
Speaking of forks, does anyone know how to get rid of forks stuck in Sims hands? It happened to me the other day, reset didn't help, and annoyed me to the extent that I got so annoyed I ditched the save because I am massively picky.
Instructor
#16 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 1:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BL00DIEDHELL
Speaking of forks, does anyone know how to get rid of forks stuck in Sims hands? It happened to me the other day, reset didn't help, and annoyed me to the extent that I got so annoyed I ditched the save because I am massively picky.

My forks and paintbrushes usually disappear if I go into CAS and then back. Just do change appearance in the mirror or plan outfit on the dresser you don't have to do cas.fulleditmode or even change their outfit once you're there. Just click the check mark and go right back to the game and they should be gone.
Instructor
#17 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 2:20 AM
Pretty much every face close up is a WTF moment. These sims are lunatics. They all have a serious case of crazy eyes.

Deer in the headlights.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#18 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 9:50 AM
My forks and paintbrushes usually disappear if I go into CAS and then back. Just do change appearance in the mirror or plan outfit on the dresser you don't have to do cas.fulleditmode or even change their outfit once you're there. Just click the check mark and go right back to the game and they should be gone.

Sweet, thanks! Not just for the tip but for mentioning cas.fulleditmode as well; I've been trying to remember what that cheat was for a few days now.

And I totally agree about close ups. I laughed myself silly the first time I had a Sim do a passionate kiss. I must confess that I still prefer 3 over 4, but I really like the life that 4 puts back into our Sims, especially in the kisses. TS3 kisses made it look like all Sims are incompetent fools who can't even kiss right and just slobber over each others' faces.

...Wait, what am I saying? Sims are incompetent fools, and being in TS4 is no difference. Hence showing your lingerie covered bum to your pre-teen daughter.

holy shit what are you doing

This is the face of a man who has burnt down his kitchen too many times to care anymore.

...Nalini, if you want to have a chat with your daughter, I'm pretty sure that's a dumb way to go about it.

Okay, what the fuck is this? The red sparkles flickered away when I unpaused, and if I remember rightly, the bath wasn't broken.

My Sim was chilling out when this lady came over to yell at her, and then present a very inviting target. EA where is the kick ass option?

why hello i am not sinister looking at all

This is the face of a boy - no, a man - who is pissed off with his father destroying his doll house yet again.

A man so mad, he doesn't notice he put his dinner on his shoes.

Scholar
#19 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 10:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BL00DIEDHELL

I thought this was fixed with the last patch...Its never happened to me....
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#20 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 11:37 AM
Pretty sure it happened after the patch, so perhaps you just got lucky?
Forum Resident
#21 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 12:52 PM
Seriously, the energy-failure pose is the butt of jokes in this game. I had one of my sims continue talking to her cousin's butt after she gave said cousin a tranquilizing handshake.

Avatar model: Shi Gaik Lan / Atroxia "Jade Orchid" Lion (Source: Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires).
The Four Stars (Table of Content)
Mekageddon, the Interactive Story. (Remake Discussion) (Dev Tumblr)
Mad Poster
#22 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 1:13 PM
I wanted to show someone the variety of music available on violin in the game, so I had Alexander show off. Between a few of the selections, Alexander put his violin down and walked around the piano between selections. Maybe this is more...dramatic?

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 1:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mummy_001
I thought this was fixed with the last patch...Its never happened to me....

Wish my sims that love to hold on to the fork and screwdriver could get it through their thick heads.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#24 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 1:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheOriginalFive
Seriously, the energy-failure pose is the butt of jokes in this game.

Why yes, I am immature.
Forum Resident
#25 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 3:44 PM
I can be immature too. Why else did I choose that turn of phrase?

Avatar model: Shi Gaik Lan / Atroxia "Jade Orchid" Lion (Source: Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires).
The Four Stars (Table of Content)
Mekageddon, the Interactive Story. (Remake Discussion) (Dev Tumblr)
Page 1 of 38