Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Nov 2012 at 4:52 AM Last edited by justJones : 14th Feb 2014 at 1:11 AM.
Living off the land farmers challenge
So i know there are a few farmer/crop challenges but i came up with this one after playing the McDermott family from Riverview.

I apologize if this sounds similar to a previous challenge but i promise i didn't not steal anything.

EP required.
Sims 3 Pets.

Alright so here is the story as a child your parents were rather wealthy and would spoil you with anything you wanted. But you always felt that one should work hard for there family.
So once you reached young adulthood you set out on your own to start up a farm/ranch.

Requirements.
1). You must create ONE young adult sim. They can be male or female your choice and can look however you want them to look. (I suggest overall for the farmer look)
2). They MUST have the Green-Thumb, Angler and Natural cook trait.
3). You must buy and empty land so you cannot buy a house you must make one.
4). You can use the mother load cheat once and that is the only cheat you can use.
5). Either find seeds or buy them from the grocery store.

Rules
1).You cannot use any cheats other then rule number 4 above and that can only be used once!

2).You can not get any job other then a self employed Gardner or angler.

3). You can only get married once you reach level 3 of either Gardner or angler career.
4). You cannot use cheats to improve you relationship you must build it up over time.
5). You can only have kids after you reach level 5 of either Gardner or Angler.
6). You can have as many kids as you want but they must dress traditionally. (Meaning old fashioned girls must wear dresses boys must were simple shirt and pants)
7). You must have an alarm clock and your day starts at 6:00 the mother/wife will prepare 3 meals a day from ingredients grown on the farm.
8). If any meal has a price next to it you cannot cook that you must live off your own food.
9). If you run out of money and can't pay the bills you must sell something from your home you cannot use cheats or get another job.
10). you CANNOT hire any services or make contact with any modern services meaning no pizza, maids, butlers or ANYTHING. Even baby sitters aren't allowed i find having an older child/teen help take care of the younger children is very helpful.
11). you must breed/train horse.

ENOUGH RULES GOAL TIME!

1). Earn 10000 points.

Point system.
Getting married- 500 points
each child is worth-200
10 plants = PGROUP for each set of PGROUP- 100
For each foal that is born on the farm-200
for every $10.000 made from produce -400

HINTS!
Some expansions packs may effect your game play for example.
If you have Sims 3 Supernatural be sure to put a fence around your crops and LOCK the gate so only you! can use it sometimes your horses will eat you crops and so will Zombies.

Sims 3 Seasons expansion pack can be hard because your crops may freeze for a while or hibernate through some seasons like fall and winter. So if you wish to avoid this set it to summer forever. But if you don't want to do that you will have to make a living off fishing for a few seasons.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 25th Nov 2012 at 12:34 AM
why is pets required.....
i see no reason this should only require base game........
otherwise it looks interesting
breeding and raising horses should not be a requirement
Test Subject
#3 Old 26th Nov 2012 at 2:34 AM
Sounds good
Space Pony
#4 Old 1st Dec 2012 at 4:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zerhai

I agree. Many farmers do not raise horses. I know my mother's side of the family did not (and there's a lot of farms involved there).
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 5th Jan 2013 at 1:54 AM
I love this! It reminds me of my favorite console game- Harvest Moon. It also reminds me of the Tribal Challenge. I have sort of done this already myself and I really enjoyed this.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 5th Jan 2013 at 3:05 AM
I like this.
This will be the first challenge that I'm going to attempt

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
#7 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 12:29 PM
trying this but before the garden produce is grown a sim can't live off the land and has to purchase food.
Test Subject
#8 Old 13th Jan 2013 at 11:58 PM
I tried this one. It's actually pretty funny.

I chose to start with a woman and two horses. Now she has a garden full of vegetables, a huge apple tree garden, a few stray cats that grew fond of her and of course: a rat.
Test Subject
#9 Old 13th Oct 2013 at 9:05 PM
Maybe because pets does have country outfits?
Quote: Originally posted by Zerhai

Because pets does have a lot of "country" outfits
Test Subject
#10 Old 15th Jan 2014 at 2:41 PM
Awesome trying it out right now!!! Btw dis was my idea arrrgh. That's fine! Well anyway I donno Baii
Test Subject
#11 Old 16th Feb 2015 at 8:30 PM
Awesome! Trying right now!!
Test Subject
#12 Old 23rd Apr 2016 at 9:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimsPoster
Awesome trying it out right now!!! Btw dis was my idea arrrgh. That's fine! Well anyway I donno Baii

If it was your idea why didint you post about it xD, anyway im doing a series on it check it out my youtube is "PandieTv"
Test Subject
#13 Old 29th Jul 2017 at 7:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PandaHaptics
If it was your idea why didint you post about it xD, anyway im doing a series on it check it out my youtube is "PandieTv"

Might try it too who knows...
Test Subject
#14 Old 1st Jan 2019 at 5:44 PM
Welp, ima do this! But why does it have to be the wife prepping meals?? Other then that, I downloaded a mod that made it so I could only make stuff, even quick meals, if I have the ingredients, can't just use simoliens(is that how you spell it?) I'll make a post soon
edit:
When ever I have my sims farm for food, it always takes so much time, an its not that hard because you could probably survive off of like 3 tomato plant, I guess I could try making it harder by needing to sell half of the produce or make winter longer and colder or something