Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Aug 2017 at 1:55 PM
Default Looking for a Family Relations mod
Hi there !
I have been looking everywhere for some kind of mod that would autonomously set relationships between kids and grandparents, uncles and aunts to 50 just like it does for members of the same household. It drives me nuts that toddlers can't talk to their grannies cause they're "strangers". Any idea where I could find that ?

Also, I was wondering if there was any way to set family members or close friends as care givers when parents are out and about? Like for example, instead of having a nanny take care of the kids, the grandparents would show up and spend some time with the kids. Can it be done?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 10:00 PM
Nobody's inspired by my idea?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Aug 2017 at 3:51 PM
Quick reply, I found out that with MC Command Center we can raise or lower the relationship scales, so manually we can set a better relationship between family members not living in the same household, although it's a bit of a bother.
However, I still haven't figured out how to have a family member can babysit instead of a hired nanny. I don't know if it can be done in a mod with a free cost setting obviously, would be weird to pay granny to look after her grandkids. With that I thought we could add a setting so that toddlers can be left at a friend's or family member's house while the parents go to work and all. I find it odd that they are autonomously sent to daycare, there should be an option to choose, like would you like to send the kid to daycare, stay off work or leave him with ***. This way, friends and family could watch out for each other's kids. Plus, active households can have toddlers over without their parents so why not the other way around?

Anyway, if people are tempted to try it out i'm down to participate. I have no clue how to create mods appart from changing language strings but I will test anything out for you!
Test Subject
#4 Old 3rd Sep 2017 at 3:19 PM
It's not exactly what you're looking for but there's a mod by LittleMsSam that lets sims visit friends and family, gain social and fun, etc but they go to a rabbithole for a few hours instead of actually traveling there.
http://littlemssam.de/visit-friends-family/
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 10:55 AM
Oh thanks ! Yeah you're right it's not exactly what I'm looking for as I do want to be in control while the kid is looked after by a family member .. I'm surprised no one thought of that yet!