Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#76 Old 26th Jul 2005 at 1:30 AM
Nice works. Thanks!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 26th Jul 2005 at 6:24 AM
I probably still won't be able to do it because Im technically retarded let alone just challenged :P
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#78 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 8:08 PM Last edited by TazzMann : 29th Jul 2005 at 8:31 PM.
I have just added my "SimPE - Installation Guide" to the tutorial section of MTS2, you can get it HERE.

I have also added a PLACEHOLDER for my "SimPE - From The Ground Up (Tutorial)" HERE. The tutorial will be released with the public release of SimPE v 44 (I Hope). There are many new features that Quaxi has been working on that still need to be added.

Like the enhanced Sim Description Editor:

or the new Family ties editor:

I hope you enjoyed the SNEEK PEEK of what is to come

TazzMann
#79 Old 1st Oct 2005 at 1:38 PM
I have no idea what I did, but I downloaded SimPE, I have a shortcut on my desktop, and whenever I open the program I can't do anything. Everything is white. I have no way to do anything at all, I can't even check off the hex editor thing. Help?
Test Subject
#80 Old 4th Oct 2005 at 10:50 PM
ok I admit it I am severely challenged.. while I am able to download rar and zip files with no problem I cannot open either of these files and get to the SimPE help.. sigh is there hope for me ? :sadpanda:
Field Researcher
#81 Old 9th Oct 2005 at 6:26 PM
Thank you so much. The other tuts were driving me crazy!
Test Subject
#82 Old 17th Oct 2005 at 9:05 PM
yes thank you so much i find this one very easy to understand.and i have deslexia meaning i have a hard time learning new things.thank you so much for this. i'm looking forward to the next part of your tutuiorial. :-)

meet my niece ella clare my (av) she was born on december 3rd 05. if you love the sims then you'll go crazy over this gopets
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#83 Old 18th Oct 2005 at 2:19 PM
As I mentioned in an earlier post; "SimPE for the technically challenged" has been discontinued and will not necessarly work for the newer versions of SimPE. However I am not leaving you in the dark,

I have created a new tutorial that is called SimPE - From The Ground Up (Tutorial) that is continualy being updated as new versions of SimPE are released. You can get it by clicking on the following link

SimPE - From the Ground Up (Tutorial)

TazzMann
Scholar
#84 Old 30th Nov 2005 at 9:51 PM
Thanks! -- I'll say more when I've tried it out!
#85 Old 2nd Dec 2005 at 12:10 AM
i will try the new tutorial..

hopefully it will be easier than im thinking it is... LOL
Test Subject
#86 Old 16th Dec 2005 at 2:32 PM
Default Where do I get SimPE???
PLease? tell me where can I download this magic tool?
#87 Old 18th Dec 2005 at 5:15 AM
i must be really technically challanged cuz i cant get any of the files to open right(
#88 Old 3rd Jan 2006 at 2:11 PM
Thanks for the tutorial, makes things easier... just one thing, the framework has been updated to 2.0 and the SimPE is also updated to that, may confuse a technically challange person
Test Subject
#89 Old 16th Jan 2006 at 9:14 PM
Default Thank you TazzMan
:salute: Wanted SimPE , but know nothing about it , glad you are doing this, am sure it will help me. I am challenged!
You are a good neighbor.
nana
Test Subject
#90 Old 1st Feb 2006 at 1:13 AM
Default Ur the Man
Thankyou sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo MUCH!
love ya mean it!
Test Subject
#91 Old 21st Mar 2006 at 5:44 PM
How long does it take to setup simpe?
Instructor
#92 Old 21st Apr 2006 at 5:04 PM
That was fun & helpful, thanks!

I haven't read the whole tutorial yet, because it's a lot to take in. But it's very good to read, and I love getting a whole overview and some understanding of the what's what and what _does_ what - I feel more confident dealing with a program when I know more than what I absolutely need.

One thought / possible improvement: One of my main problems are new terms. Once one understood what a panel is and what it means to dock / undock one, it's all bright and sunny. But until I figured out that "docking" / "undocking" is pretty much what minimizing (german: minimieren) of a window in Windows is, I stumbled every time the expression turned up.

I have that problem with most tutorials, and I could imagine that a lot of other users have it, too. What I'd need would be some sort of "technical terms - everyday terms" dictionary. Do you know if there is such a document?
Lab Assistant
#93 Old 6th Oct 2006 at 4:50 AM
Yay! I definatly qualify as "the technically challenged". I cannot spell.
Test Subject
#94 Old 24th Apr 2007 at 8:59 AM
Got some time to learn......I will use this tutorial right away!! Thanks!!
Test Subject
#95 Old 9th Feb 2008 at 10:31 PM
oh thanks... now i might be able to give some stuff back instead of just dl dl (omg gotta have it) dl.
Test Subject
#96 Old 22nd Aug 2008 at 12:45 AM
Has this tut gone down none of the links seem to be working for me
Test Subject
#97 Old 25th Apr 2009 at 2:13 AM
Why don't I have access to the new links???

aero87 :bunny:
Lab Assistant
#98 Old 8th Dec 2009 at 11:22 PM
aah. i need this very badly. the only thing i know how to do is recolor maxis objects using the SimPE wizard. im in the middle of trying out numenor's tutorial for recoloring other things. but my goal is to make my own objects...
Site Helper
#99 Old 9th Dec 2009 at 9:18 PM
Lab Assistant
#100 Old 31st Dec 2009 at 6:03 AM
wow lol. i was busy with a newly begotten sims 3 game, came back to look at sims 2... lol so many things to play with. i'm all new to this. and am constantly befuzzled. but i'm persistent and hopefully i'll get through lol.

edit: i finally got the hang of editing whole neighborhoods and the sims in it and the relationships and other related things because of one of the tutorials. i also learned how to recolor without using the wizard. i think it's about time i start on making new objects...
Page 4 of 4