Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 23rd May 2017 at 6:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Corylea
I made a Starfleet career for The Sims 3, and I'd love to port it to The Sims 4, but I haven't found any good tutorials for Sims 4 careers. I wait with bated breath to see if you guys turn one up!

I would just love to see TNG uniforms for it's 30th anniversary. Somebody needs to get on that because it'd be a damn great match with Into The Future. Even the fashion checks out.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 23rd May 2017 at 11:13 PM
Wonderful news ! I'm really bad at researching, it will help a lot.

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
Forum Resident
#28 Old 25th May 2017 at 6:53 AM
I really only want to learn what I am interested in atm. I hate being told "go look for this and read up on this." I will just fall asleep when I read if it is not what I am interested in. Thank you for this project I am very interested in reading the exact thing I want to know and not hours sifting through what is not on my mind atm. Looking forward to this!
Test Subject
#29 Old 25th May 2017 at 3:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
I was going to say that that would be a good idea under the condition that the tutorial in the language other than English would be deliberately written in that language. But then I remembered that you can't accidentally speak a language. Even if it's Spanish or something. Spanish always seems accidental to me. It's just not a language that anyone would speak while entirely level-headed. Kinda like Russian or something.

Tell you what though, you can be an accidental asshole. I'm living proof right here. What should have been a brief attempt to convey the great aesthetic value and coherency of such fine languages as French, German, Dutch, Swedish or maybe Thai or whatever, ended up sounding more like some niche kind of linguistically motivated racism.

hi! thank you fro this post
Instructor
#30 Old 25th May 2017 at 10:18 PM
This is really great news. A much-needed project.

As a newb self-taught creator, I second the comments concerning the difficulties of researching certain aspects of modding. anecdote: It actually took me 3 weeks to find fisheyes' slot tutorial, even though I found several references to it on this site and others. Luckily, MSD replied to someone's thread and included a current link to the tutorial, or I'd still be looking.

Having a more centralized system in place, even if only as a starting point, for finding tutorials is a welcome addition to the site.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 27th May 2017 at 2:53 PM
Aboslutely love this idea! Now it will be a lot easier to do some modding a lot easier than spending hours to get the information I need. Just you should check and vote for the best tutorials, because there will be bad tutorials too.

This feature is surely welcome on the site. Greaat!
Test Subject
#32 Old 28th May 2017 at 12:13 PM
Wonderful, Wonderful Idea!!
Having spent many hours online searching for modding tutorials I can say they are very hard to come by especially the ones that actually make sense for dummies like me.
And since I'm super clever and witty (other than modding of course) and can imagine myself saying this in a haughty English accent, I think you should use MY project title name; I'm Tutor Dumb Me
It took me a few more seconds than a minute to come up with so I'm sure I've proven my point in the clever department.
Scholar
#33 Old 28th May 2017 at 12:23 PM
What will happen to the pages on Sims Wiki? Will they become obsolete, what are the plans for those, if any?

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Instructor
#34 Old 28th May 2017 at 6:37 PM
Really love this. I feel that having these resources easily and readily available will increase motivation for new creators!
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 29th May 2017 at 9:10 AM
This looks great, thanks heaps, but I'm posting because this thread is the most entertaining thing I've seen all day!

From Klingon Romeo and Juliet to niche linguistically motivated racism... you guys sure you aren't comedians?!

LOL. Thanks

Everything is ok in the end. If it's not ok, then it's not the end.
Rubric Wrangler
Original Poster
#36 Old 29th May 2017 at 10:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kankritty
What will happen to the pages on Sims Wiki? Will they become obsolete, what are the plans for those, if any?

We will be working towards migrating Wiki content over to MTS proper. We may be recruiting some volunteers to help out with this, depending on how large the scope ends up being.

The meadows are in bloom:
who has ever seen such insolence?

simblr
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#37 Old 5th Jun 2017 at 1:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maybesomethingdunno
"Tactical Kitten Gifs" because who doesn't like cat gifs? I certainly don't.

You don't??? <is confused>

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#38 Old 6th Jun 2017 at 12:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
You don't??? <is confused>

A malfunction with my neural implant interacting with the Universal Translator. I reconfigured the power cufflinks and it should be good now. I most certainly do like cat gifs. I don't dislike them.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Scholar
#39 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 5:28 AM
So what happened to this project? Just delayed or DOA? Seriously I thought it was a great idea to try updating and organizing all the tutorial floating around out there, but the first post gives a launch date of the 14th... it's now the 26th, so I'm curious.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Rubric Wrangler
Original Poster
#40 Old 1st Jul 2017 at 2:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MurderPrincessK
So what happened to this project? Just delayed or DOA? Seriously I thought it was a great idea to try updating and organizing all the tutorial floating around out there, but the first post gives a launch date of the 14th... it's now the 26th, so I'm curious.

D's been running into a few unforeseen technical issues before launch. But this is still happening, and I will keep you all updated the more I know.

The meadows are in bloom:
who has ever seen such insolence?

simblr
Scholar
#41 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 6:44 PM Last edited by Kankritty : 22nd Jul 2017 at 10:17 PM.
Keep us posted! I'm willing to help out if you need anyone.

edit:

@PharaohHound

Anything new?

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Page 2 of 2