Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 9:55 PM
Default Is there a way to edit work income and/or money from selling items?
First off, not sure if this is the right place. If not , I apologize. Please move it or let me know that I need to.

In my opinion, making money is way too easy in this game. I limit myself so much, no blackberries, I rarely get a job etc. but that really sucks. There are so many aspects of the game I haven't explored because I like to work for my sims money.
That being said, is there a way to create a mod that would say lessen the amount of items you sell by a certain percentage? Same thing with income from work. So, for hard mode it would lessen everything by 60 percent. Medium 30 percent etc. I remember sims 3 had something like that and i really miss it. Even my sims I put on an empty lot and set their money to 0 are doing fine after a few days. It's just not realistic.

Again, I apologive if this isnt the right spot. Thanks for any suggestions, help or ideas in advance!
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 11:22 PM Last edited by chicvibe : 7th Mar 2018 at 4:02 AM. Reason: more info
MCCC can do it - you can up the percentage of bills, pay child support, and maybe you can fix income? when my sim has 100k, i put it down to 1$ and call it "student loans".

READ the documentation regarding the mod - it is a significant, and fantastic addition to the game, and will help you understand everything you can do with it: https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#Top.

In addition, MCCC can probably help you cull your mods folder as it does a lot with autonomy, increasing household size, etc...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 4:49 AM
I have that and I have set my money to zero a lot of times, but I would like to be a bit less involved in it, I guess. It would be so nice to be able to play like normal and have the income and bills be more realistic. I know there is a mod and that I can do the bills in MCCC, but with all of the things that creators can do, it just seems that there should be a way to cut your income from work by half or just any income you make, selling stuff ,playing guitar, work w/e cut in half. I can make CC, meshes and whatnot, but have no idea about anything when it comes to actually modding or scripting in the game or I would do it myself. Maybe someone could give me some places to start looking? I am more than happy to try to do it, I just dont know where to start.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 8:00 AM
I also found this mod but don't know if it still works:

http://modthesims.info/d/580531

and you can only freeze career in mccc - as well as change bill percents, but not actually manipulate the amount of money you earn.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 10:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chicvibe
I also found this mod but don't know if it still works:

http://modthesims.info/d/580531

and you can only freeze career in mccc - as well as change bill percents, but not actually manipulate the amount of money you earn.

Ooooo this would help, if it still works!!! Thanks for the help!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 10:04 AM
Secondly, can anyone suggest a modder who might be able to do something like this? Or any tutorials that may help me figure out how to do it? The mod for lower career salaris is an awesome step in the right direction so there has to be a way to do sale items too.
Test Subject
#7 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 3:45 PM
Personally, I don't think it's easy to make money by working in Sims 4. Work payment is very low before level 7 or 8, collecting wild flowers and fruits gives much more money (over 1K) than a hard working day. Even at level 10,it's still much less than what one can make by painting or writing or many other means. And it's not easy to get promotion in vanilla game, the work performance bar moves very slow.

Well, back to your question, the easiest way to do that might be injecting into _Funds.add and modify the amount of money that would be added. You can check the reason parameter to know whether the sim is getting money by selling objects or working or from other sources and apply different multipliers.
Code:
from sims.funds import _Funds
from protocolbuffers import Consts_pb2
import injector

@injector.inject_to(_Funds,'add')
def my_add(original,self, amount, reason, sim=None, tags=None, count_as_earnings=True):  
    if reason == Consts_pb2.TELEMETRY_OBJECT_SELL:
        new_amount=amount*0.5   # half the money one gets by selling objects
    elif reason == Consts_pb2.TELEMETRY_MONEY_CAREER:
        new_amount=amount*1.1   # increase the money one gets from career payment  
    elif reason == Consts_pb2.TELEMETRY_MONEY_ROYALTY:
        new_amount=amount*0.5   # half the money one gets from royalties
    else:
        new_amount=amount         # we don't want to change money got for other reasons such as transferring money between business funds and family funds

original(self,new_amount,reason,sim,tags,count_as_earnings)

This method is simple but not perfect enough for that the value text in game won't be changed. A painting of $2000 will still be marked as 2000, career wages will be shown as the original value and so on ¡ª¡ª only the actual money sims get will be modified. Besides, objects directly bought from building mode will also be effected.
If you want things to be perfect, you can inject into some higher level methods such as CareerBase.get_hourly_pay. When the game wants to 'know' the hourly pay for careers to either show it in career panel or to 'pay for' the sim coming back from work, it calls this method to get the value. So if you change that method, everything will work perfectly. To change royalty, you go for RoyaltyTracker.get_payment_amount. The problem is that you have to search through the code base to find out these methods and a proper way to change them.

I attached a sample for the first approach here, unzip and place it in your mods folder,make the directory structure like this:
Code:
...\The Sims 4\Mods
©¸©¤FundsTweak 
    ©¸©¤Scripts
            Funds.py
            injector.py

This is the loose form of script mods in case you are new to script modding. The benefit of this form is that one can change codes directly in the .py files.

You can also go the xml mod way. There is a xml file for each career level (careerLevels_xxxxx) in which you can modify simoleons_per_hour along with many other tunes. As for pantings and royalties, they are in recipe_painting_xxxxx and royalty_book_xxxxx. You'll have to change lots of .xml files because there are so many career levels, paintings, books etc.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  FundsTweak.zip (1.5 KB, 62 downloads) - View custom content
Forum Resident
#8 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 12:12 AM
As far as mod suggestions and/or modders, check out the programs like Zerbu's mod constructer - if not the way to create a mod to your liking, maybe it can help you figure out the mechanics - or check out the programs that other modders use to create with.

I know there is an XML extractor http://modthesims.info/d/563256 , S4PE https://github.com/Kuree/Sims4Tools/releases , S4 Studio http://sims4studio.com/ (register to download), Zerbu's mod https://zerbu.tumblr.com/post/16784...v3-test-release .....

for example, Polarbearsims uses s4p3, notepad and xml extractor. Maybe that's a start.