Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Dec 2017 at 2:02 AM Last edited by Ai_Leen! : 26th Dec 2017 at 8:11 PM.
SIMS 3PE/Mod for viewing what's in packages in mods folder?
Hi, I've read there's a tool called S3PI, SIMPE, CcMagic and many other for "editing" packages. What I was looking for is to view what color eye/skin/hair is in there.. I have many packages, some are combined to save space. I've read tat S3PI's older versions can view the content but it was a +5 years thread, I'm wondering how does it work nowadays.
Does someone organize their sims 3 mods this way and is able to help?
Thanks in advance!!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 26th Dec 2017 at 9:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ai_Leen!
Hi, I've read there's a tool called S3PI, SIMPE, CcMagic and many other for "editing" packages. What I was looking for is to view what color eye/skin/hair is in there.. I have many packages, some are combined to save space. I've read tat S3PI's older versions can view the content but it was a +5 years thread, I'm wondering how does it work nowadays.
Does someone organize their sims 3 mods this way and is able to help?
Tanks in advance!!
S3PE is the tool we use for sims 3. Sometimes they include a thumbnail image for the hair/cc you have downloaded. Otherwise you may not get a proper view. I don't recommend older versions for S3PE. But TSRW I hear that older version was more stable.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Dec 2017 at 8:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by skydome
S3PE is the tool we use for sims 3. Sometimes they include a thumbnail image for the hair/cc you have downloaded. Otherwise you may not get a proper view. I don't recommend older versions for S3PE. But TSRW I hear that older version was more stable.

Thanks for your answer!
I see, I tried it out but I found no thumbail image in any of my CC
I import the package as "package" (it seems obvious). I'm able to see the geometry and some 3-D stuff similar to "Sims 1 skins files" I don't frankly understand, but no real thumbail. Am I using it the wrong way?
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#4 Old 29th Dec 2017 at 6:32 PM
Unfortunately when it comes to hair colors and such, that kind of data is actually stored in a TXTC file (which is inside the package file and can be seen in s3pe) however, it's used a little different that we're used to In the preview window it should show off all sorts of numbers. My guesses are that (Color); 0xXXXXXX is the one that holds the mask colours that you're probably looking for, and I guess they work as hexes if you remove the 0x ? This is because the texture doesn't actually hold the actual colors like it does with ts1, ts2 and ts4.

For thumbnails, if they've been made in tsrw, you wanna look for the 'icon' But I suppose the best way in this case is to test it in-game
Scholar
#5 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 12:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ai_Leen!
Thanks for your answer!
I see, I tried it out but I found no thumbail image in any of my CC
I import the package as "package" (it seems obvious). I'm able to see the geometry and some 3-D stuff similar to "Sims 1 skins files" I don't frankly understand, but no real thumbail. Am I using it the wrong way?

The modders probably didn't include any thumb image for your CCs which is why you're not seeing it. As Lyralei mentioned trying it out might be your best bet. Maybe you can check the sites/webpage that you downloaded it from to see what it looks like.