Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jan 2010 at 4:49 AM
Default How to make my island... not not an island?
There's something that has been really bothering me about CAW. Everything I make is always an island. I've heard someone mention something about Black Mare's forest background or something, and that sounds great. All the WA locations aren't islands and neither is Riverview or Sunset Valley. Tell me, are we doomed to be island-ed forever? *sob*
Advertisement
Banned
#2 Old 24th Jan 2010 at 4:53 AM
Go to the object box and type "distant".

You';ll find one distant terrain if using the base game and 4 if using WA. You place one of these in the far far corner of the land, and then you form your land to meet its edges, and sculpt the rest to your liking.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Jan 2010 at 5:32 AM
Oh wow... I wish I'd known about it earlier lol. But thank you so much!
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 24th Jan 2010 at 6:53 AM
You can also use the camera non-routing to limit where they player can go. I find the distance objects difficult to blend with original terrains. Its great for somethings, but not everything.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Jan 2010 at 3:30 AM
Oh yes, I know about the camera/sims non-routing tool. But this Black Mare I heard of - well, I was wondering, have there been any custom distant objects?