Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 8:34 PM
Default Recoloring Non Recolorable Objects
I am tired of the stairs and plants in Sims 3. Already. Is there a way to edit the colors on objects that are in the game without this option?

Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 1:05 PM
I want to know that to.
theres allot of objects that is un-colorable

Unauthorized incoming post!
Site Helper
#3 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 4:11 PM
There is no way that I know of, at this time. The modding community has been making a lot of progress very quickly, so I hope and expect that this will be figured out eventually.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 4:44 PM
The only real way to do it right now is texture replacement which will overwrite the original textures. I know it works on fences since I had to do it yesterday to make my house look right. I'd assume stairs and roofs would submit to this as well since all they are is dds image.
Eminence Grise
#5 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 11:17 PM
Just to add to the list of things that need to be moddable with added textures -- pictures, plants (flower colors!), items with stained glass in em like certain windows, doors, lamps I know folks have done texture replacements on some of this stuff. Looking forward to being able to add new recolors to the catalog
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 1:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ThomasRiordan
The only real way to do it right now is texture replacement which will overwrite the original textures. I know it works on fences since I had to do it yesterday to make my house look right. I'd assume stairs and roofs would submit to this as well since all they are is dds image.

Please do what you can and release them to the masses, also see if any other items can be colorable like what Srikandi described.