Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 9:27 AM
Default Patches?
Is it just me or is EA making no effort to fix the issues people are having with this game? Is it possible to just fix it all yourself? Or would that just mess up the game even more?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 12:34 AM
What problems are you having with that exactly? My game crashed after ten minutes and ran poorly, even though my computer met the system requirements. I updated my graphics driver and now the game runs perfectly.

Vinny Lecavalier, simply the best!
Test Subject
#3 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 2:36 AM
Hi, Mrs Lecavalier,

I had similiar issues, but I discovered sims 3 is sensitive to programs running in the background. I had some programs that begin with initial start-up, and are always running silently in the background. I ended up having to remove all these start-up programs. Secondly I also found that my new graphics card (bought this month) still did not come with the latest drivers. I went online to their site and downloaded the latest driver. So far I think the problem is addressed. Just some suggestions to try. Hopefully these suggestions work for you. Take care and best wishes.

"To break free"
Eminence Grise
#4 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 2:42 AM
What's odd is that a lot of people managed to download a patch from EA's site before the game was released. What happened to that patch? :/

However, EA has a history of being VERY slow with patches. I was amazed and impressed when it looked like we were gonna get a release day patch. Now, not so much
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#5 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 1:19 PM
For a few days before release, EA cocked up the security on their dev website and all the files were available to anyone who knew where to look. It's possible this is where the rumours about a patch came from; but if a patch was available there, it would be half-finished, and may do more harm than good.

No doubt a patch is forthcoming, it just might take a while.

Some of these issues can be fixed with mods, as we've already seen - but there are lots of issues,and modding is in its early days yet, so that too may take a while.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
#6 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 1:41 PM
There is a patch for Mac users that fixes some issues that cropped up from the port from Windows. I have no idea if it's a legitimate EA patch or not; several bloggers were asked to remove the download, so I'm going to guess it wasn't. It was released as soon as Sims 3 was released, so it seems like it came out too fast to be modder work. Maybe it's an incomplete patch.

Either way, it works like a charm.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 2:36 PM
The Mac patch is official, and so far the only one...but from the look of EA's site it only affects the launcher.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 11:49 PM
Oh that really sucks I have a PC D: But my game just keeps crashing... I tried updating the graphics driver but it didn't do anything...