Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 4:51 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
Default An issue I found after installing a couple mods...
I was not sure where to post this, but I was wondering if there is a fix to this issue.

Take a look:

Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 5:42 AM
Ive noticed a few glitches myself, not that particular one but after installing a few of the mods to remove music notes, Zzzzs, etc.. when placing furniture i get this random glitch where it will spin around in a circle like 200mph for a few seconds then stops, never on the same thing, and dosn't happen all the time so i don't know..

Quote: Originally posted by barry123
I was not sure where to post this, but I was wondering if there is a fix to this issue.

Take a look:

Lab Assistant
#3 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 7:13 AM
I don't suppose you know which mod/s are doing this? If not I would remove each mod until I found the one that is and report on it to the author... Phew thats a lot of work.
Eminence Grise
#4 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 7:42 AM
Yeah, like crazyace said... with hacks especially there's always the risk of issues. Which is why you should never install a whole bunch at once. Play after each one so that if any issues come up you know which one it was.

If you don't do that, you're stuck with taking them out a few at a time until you find the culprit.

Of course, just because you found it after installing mods, doesn't mean the mods NECESSARILY caused it.

What mods do you have installed, anyway?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#5 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 10:26 AM
It's not like there are that many true mods for TS3 out yet anyway. And you can really only have one big script mod in at a time right now. And the game loads fast. So it's not like it would take that long to take stuff out and narrow it down.

MrReclusive - My "mods" can't cause that type of thing. They're invisible texture replacers and do not affect the game behavior in any way. Your problem is something other than the no zzzs type stuff.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#6 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 11:01 PM
I've had a similar issue as the OP, except it involved AshKitty's Stoney Falls.

I saved the game, bulldozed the lot, then put another copy down from the library, saved again, and it was fine for a while. I did notice that it seemed to occur mostly whenever I install more files using select all or move around files while organizing.

Do you keep your installed downloads in your downloads folder like me or do you remove them to a backup folder after install?

NOTE: It seems to be a glitch with the game itself with recognizing certain things and not any particular mods as I had this occurring without my mods in.

I just installed a copy of my game onto my laptop and copied the 'my docs' content over so we'll see if my saved game with AK's Stoney Falls does it again. Will update later.