Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 2:34 PM Last edited by jhove : 9th Jun 2009 at 11:49 PM.
Default Custom Map
Hello,

I have managed to completely re-organize Riverview, I moved the entire central city to the outskirts of the river so I could build a nice residential community in the center area however, the street lights are incredibly annoying. Has anyone discovered what program we could use to start to go about changing the sims 3 maps?

I know the game was just released, and I'm not requesting any map mods, just information if any is out there on where to start to customize the maps or simply to delete items and objects from the maps. (as the layouts seem fine for now).

Any and all information would be deeply appreciated.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 11:51 PM
Bummer,

I am almost positive this information is out there. Anyone?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 11:54 PM
EA promised some sort of tool for neighborhood editing coming out at some point after the game itself. Due to that - and the masses of other things needing to be deciphered - I don't believe any work is being done currently on a neighborhood editing tool. Hopefully we will see something from EA on this in the coming weeks/months.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 12:00 AM
Ah yeah I just found a post on that, sorry for the multiple threads.
Test Subject
#5 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 12:14 PM
im thinking, there must be an over ride that can be made that allows lots to be moved.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 6:52 PM
I just read in another thread that EA is releasing a map editor sometime near 2010.
I think the seamless environments make it near impossible with the tools that are available now.
Test Subject
#7 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 1:11 AM
There just lazy, they created the two maps so why not give that tool to the player .
That would be nice HA
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 1:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by choebee
There just lazy, they created the two maps so why not give that tool to the player .
That would be nice HA

Developer tools are not made with the common user in mind. The utility they use in house is most likely something that is very much the opposite of user friendly.