Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 7:33 AM
Default How to Create skin markings...
Sup all I was wondering if there is a way or a guide that explains how to create a custom marking for TS3... like a custom make up or something but one that can be set up somewhere else too, not only the face...

I ask becasue I was thinking on making some characters but with out the markings I am pretty much stuck...

Little Kitty!
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 10:35 AM
There isn't a way to do that yet. We can't do fully custom -anything- new but patterns. Skintone texture replacements can be made but they aren't like makeup - they're more an underlay, upon which the six skintone colours can be applied, but they are only defaults and apply to all sims.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 10:12 PM
Oh... kinda sad... need to make some custom markings for some sims based on other games characters... like the mirror's edge girlie character lol...

Little Kitty!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 11:15 PM
Considering the way socks are handled in The Sims 3, couldn't you theoretically (when it's possible) make the markings/bodyhair/etc as an accessory that's layered over the skin texture?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#5 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 11:34 PM
Bishounen_Taurus - Theoretically, yes, that may be one option for it.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.