Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1158
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 7 (Who?), Viewed: 2918 times.
Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2015, 10:55 AM Default“Sims Freeplay” conversions #1
g1g2
Original Poster

Field Researcher

24 Achievements

Is there anyone intrested to make a tool that can extract objects with texture from the sims freeplay so we can start converting from that game it have a lot of great stuff on it

Any one intrested ???

I have no idea where to put this so i puted ot here
Last edited by plasticbox : 22nd May 2015 at 1:53 PM. Reason: Edited thread title
Old 22nd May 2015, 1:52 PM #2
plasticbox
Pettifogging Legalist!

46 Achievements

No requests on this site, please.

However it might be useful if you could add some information to your post – I for one don’t even know what you mean by “sims freeplay”. Is this a spin-off of some earlier version of The Sims? Please add what you know about it; is there any documentation on data formats, existing tools, etc .. if it’s similar to one of the earlier games, maybe tools for those games will work for this as well (or can be modified when they are open source).

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Old 22nd May 2015, 5:59 PM #3
An_dz
Lab Assistant

10 Achievements

The Sims Freeplay is a freemium mobile version. It's one of those mobile games that's free on the store and you can play for free but if you do some in-app purchases you become an instant god.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sims_FreePlay
http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/The_Sims_FreePlay

It's not worth the time and effort to extract the models from this game, as mobile games have low quality models for desktop games.
Old 22nd May 2015, 11:25 PM #4
g1g2
Original Poster

Field Researcher

24 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasticbox
No requests on this site, please.

However it might be useful if you could add some information to your post – I for one don’t even know what you mean by “sims freeplay”. Is this a spin-off of some earlier version of The Sims? Please add what you know about it; is there any documentation on data formats, existing tools, etc .. if it’s similar to one of the earlier games, maybe tools for those games will work for this as well (or can be modified when they are open source).

Sorry i wasnt aware
Old 12th Jun 2017, 8:06 AM #5
Frogsnack
Field Researcher

3 Achievements

I see this is an old thread now, but it's possible to make a lot of similar items with the TS3 game if you have some of the expansions. I made the Beach house here because I was fed up with the phone game's mechanics, and it came out alright!
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail...assetId=9098924

Bread edges.... are the new white meat.
Sparrows Random Legacy Challenge Blog <3
Test of Time Challenge! Family Tree, Stats & Pics
Watch my Test of Time Challenge Let's Play on Youtube!
Old 15th Mar 2018, 6:59 PM #6
MarcDB
Test Subject

Id love someone to make clothes from TSFP to TS4, some of them are really better than those we have in the game
Old 18th Apr 2018, 6:09 PM #7
Gauntlet101010
Test Subject

I've converted the Sims Freeplay's Reaper and am doing some of the haunted / spooky items ... it's annoying, tedious, and not really worth it. The Reaper worked because it covers the Sim head to toe with nothing else showing. The Sims4 really needs clothes to be mapped correctly, so I'm not sure it's possible to convert clothes easily. ESPECIALLY since ripping anything is such a pain. You see, you have to take a 3D "screenshot" using Ninja Ripper and take what you want using that. BUT the UVs (the points on the texture map) get destroyed and must be remade. Yeah. Oh, and everything's posed because of corse it is.

But if you're up for it, you need:
- the Nox Android emulator (to run Sims Freeplay)
- A Sims Freeplay save that has what you want accessible
- Ninja Ripper (to take the 3D snapshot and rip out the textures)
- Autocad 3ds Max 2011 (I think that's the right year - check the plugins contained within Ninja Ripper) to read the .rip files Ninja Ripper collects and export it to a filetype shared by Blender
- Blender (to import the 3ds Max file, fix the UVs, and to use with Sims4 Studio)
- optional: a .dds thumbnail generator to easily find the textures you want (you can search for those textures in Blender to narrow down your search)
- optional: Mesh Align Plus - a plugin for Blender that aligns and scales one object to another ... pretty useful since some objects are in two differently scaled parts when imported
- TONS of patience and time because this is tedious garbage.

I haven't finished converting any actual OBJECTS yet, but I can tell you now - they rely heavily on alpha shading to work. I'm not sure how well that'll turn out. Some of the objects are very unifacial. For instance: the skeletons look really nice when looked at from the one upper angle the Sims Freeplay allows, but if you get closer it's kinda like they're made from see-through paper containing very flat textures. When I get to the items that use a skeleton I'll probably use the Sims 4's Jungle one in a posed position.
Last edited by Gauntlet101010 : 20th Apr 2018 at 9:31 PM.
Old 23rd Apr 2018, 8:27 AM #8
meenotu831
Test Subject

I've been building and playing using some of the structures from Free Play. Ill post them over the next week or so.

Section jump: