Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 8:34 PM
Default Has anyone figured out a quick fix to the water issues?
I'm working on a secret project.

But...

These water issues, where the actual water layer disappears, might destroy it. Is there any simple fix for this?
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 8:57 PM
Well it usually comes back when you reload the world, if you're talkign about a completely missing water plate. But it's always had these annoying transparent glimpses where water plates meet, even with original water.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Banned
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 9:27 PM
It does it in official worlds, too. France has a couple. It's really unfortunate. :\

For now I'll just work around it.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 6:07 AM
I have found a relationship with the overall variation in height from sea floor to land causes most of this and creating a smooth transtion from beach to sea floor or 'shelf' will correct this allot of the time.

as in your pic above see how the reflection is there only where the inlet of water has a sloping terrain (from right to left). But its broken in the places where the land also slopes to the sea(back to front).

Then in the next inlet (right of pic).

There is no reflection. But the water of the inlet also has a great depth (it show all dark blue no sloping land).

Use the smooth gentle or smooth tool, or set the opacity lower and raise the land with the hill gentle then smooth it out creating other underwater 'levels' of terrain, sloping more smoothly into the sea.

I have great success with the flatten gentle and smooth tools, tweaking the opacity. I also export my map and edit it outside CAW with a paint program. It's helpful with terrain painting too.

Above all....

Think in Real Life geography. It helps you see errors.

I too am on a secret project and water, well it is a cool thing in the game , you must be patient and sculpt the land.

Think of the rain
and wind
and sea
and time as you shape.

even sim worlds are not built in a day

Good luck and keep sim-ing... .

I'd like to build a world, a better world.
Guess I'll start here...