Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Mar 2010 at 6:18 PM
Default Identifying custom content
Could we make a new requirement for uploading? I want to be a builder and I keep an extensive log of what custom content I have. I have also created thumbnails with a small icon to identify S3 base game content so that I know that any thing with no icon is custom content. I submitted that for upload approval 2 days ago. Some creators already put their names in the description of their objects. If content is not identified that way in the game I have to try and remember who made it or go searching through a really really huge log so I can give the creator proper credit. I understand that not everyone knows how to make thumbnails. It would be very helpful if creators were required to put their names in the description of their objects?

Sometimes the Dragon wins and I AM the Dragon!
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 10th Mar 2010 at 6:20 PM
Without downloading the object and opening it (or requiring that people screenshot their content's identifier) we have no way of telling whether it's been done or not for upload. But it's easy enough, if you HAVE done some identifier, to mention it in the text of your post so it's easy enough to find - perhaps just stick to things that say they have a custom thumbnail. TBH, it's hard enough just to get most uploaders to make stuff that doesn't suck, has decent thumbnails, and a halfway decent description. I don't think it's unreasonable to ask that uploaders do that, but I think making it a "you must do this or else" would be hard to enforce for moderators.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Mar 2010 at 3:21 AM
I suppose you're right. I guess I'll just add description myself after download, it's easy enough to do. Thanks.

Sometimes the Dragon wins and I AM the Dragon!