Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#76 Old 16th Mar 2013 at 11:03 AM
So, the only important thing about moderation in your opinion is how long it takes? You're indifferent to all the other changes?

I don't mean to play down the importance of time, of course - that's why I included the warning that there will be long delays for the first while - but speed isn't the primary thing we're aiming for with these changes, it's just a happy side effect.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#77 Old 16th Mar 2013 at 11:24 AM
I have to admit I was a little surprised to see what appeared to be an added layer of complexity rather than the simplification I thought HP was once hinting at when they spoke of reviewing the system, but if it works towards the aims of this site, then that's fine by most of us, I'm sure

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#78 Old 16th Mar 2013 at 11:40 AM
I know what you mean . The new system does involve a lot more information than the old. But there's also an element of transparency here - previously creators only got the info that the mods deemed they needed, now they get everything (almost - we've still got loose ends, like publishing the rubrics in full). So while it's more to take in than before, it hopefully demystifies the process a bit, and makes the next step in the process a bit more predictable, especially when it comes to CRs. It's perhaps not simpler, but it's also much less obscure, imo.

Mad Poster
#79 Old 16th Mar 2013 at 2:49 PM
I just got to try this out first hand, got the feedback for the mod and made changes and so on. This new system is really nice, I had no problems with the old system but the new is quite clear when you see the stars you can immediately see, what part is ok and what not and that's great. I haven't read all the comments on this thread so if my three suggestions have been already mentioned here I apologize.

When uploading the item. Would it be possible to get a full editor when entering the main text? Now it seems to be a quick editor, no buttons to bold text or add links. I ended up writing the text as a "reply" to another thread where I could use the full editor and then copy pasting it to the upload editor so I didn't have to insert the bold tags and link tags by hand.

The second suggestion is about replying to the feedback. I edited the main text, wrote my comment and then hit update. the page refreshed and I see my comment. Then I scroll down the page a bit and again there is the same section, of attention, step 1 make changes, step 2 update. And again this section has the update button. So then comes the great question of do I have to click this update button too? Which of course I did because it was a button and it was active but that just emptied any comments I had added to the post. So I had to go back and re-do the commenting on the feedback.

The older version had a more clear, this has now gone back to the moderator queue, message that showed up after you made the changes and press update. Now I think it went back to the queue because I can see my comments when I return to the page but there is no clear indication that it has gone back.

3. Thirdly I'd disable all editing buttons after it goes back to the que, so people wouldn't be tempted to press stuff
Field Researcher
#80 Old 16th Mar 2013 at 10:16 PM
I don't know if this goes here - I noticed the change (finally getting around to "complaining") AND the link regarding the new system so.... If it goes someplace else, let me know so I can resubmit or move it for me and let me know where it went!

I hate, hate, hate that you eliminated the tabs at the bottom of the pages. I do what I'm supposed to do and read through the Overview page to see what the item does, needs, downloading instructions, etc. Now, when I get to the bottom and want to download or read comments, I have to click on the scroll several times to return to the top. I want - I NEED - the option of being able to click at the bottom without having to take those additional steps. It doesn't sound like much but it is. If you don't want to put the tabs back at the bottom, you need to at least put a button that takes you back to the top.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#81 Old 17th Mar 2013 at 11:57 AM
Considering there are currently exactly 100 items in the queue right now, as whiterider said, theres a bit of a backlog. Just be patient and we'll get to each in turn.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#82 Old 17th Mar 2013 at 11:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kslibra
I don't know if this goes here - I noticed the change (finally getting around to "complaining") AND the link regarding the new system so.... If it goes someplace else, let me know so I can resubmit or move it for me and let me know where it went!

I hate, hate, hate that you eliminated the tabs at the bottom of the pages. I do what I'm supposed to do and read through the Overview page to see what the item does, needs, downloading instructions, etc. Now, when I get to the bottom and want to download or read comments, I have to click on the scroll several times to return to the top. I want - I NEED - the option of being able to click at the bottom without having to take those additional steps. It doesn't sound like much but it is. If you don't want to put the tabs back at the bottom, you need to at least put a button that takes you back to the top.

I guess you haven't noticed the little "Top" link thats been at the bottom right hand corner of download threads (in a fixed position) for a couple years now? It's on the grey bar with the Edit button, bottom right of your browser window.

Test Subject
#83 Old 17th Mar 2013 at 9:26 PM
Thanks to all of u
who work so hard to maintain this site for us cc junkies. Thank u all for u'r hard work and continued dedication. I love this site and almost all of my cc comes from here. I am sure once every one has used the new system a couple times we will all be happy with it. Thanks again to all ur creators and their hard work.
Instructor
#84 Old 18th Mar 2013 at 11:48 AM
Not sure where to report this, so I thought I'd put it here... Hopefully someone "official" is still watching this thread... I noticed on one of the recent pose packs that was upload, there is a new section in the "Download" tab with the title "This is a Custom Pose or Animation". (I believe this was mentioned as one of the enhancements to the new process.) In the text under this box (and I'm guessing it's auto-text), there are links to "Pose Player" and "Animation Player". Both links appear to be dead. The one to cmomoney is a-okay, though.

Here is a link to the pose pack I happened to be looking at when I noticed this issue. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=498737
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#85 Old 18th Mar 2013 at 12:18 PM
k2m1too: Thanks for the heads up! There was a weird character in the URLs that I copy pasted - so it's now fixed.

Top Secret Researcher
#86 Old 18th Mar 2013 at 8:50 PM
I do agree, the feedback sounds like it will be very helpful. Speed of moderation though is discouraging, considering my first submission was made the very same day as the queues opened and I see more recent downloads being posted. Understand, I'm not really complaining, just providing feedback for you that is a little discouraging. I have several other things I'd love to submit, but haven't, due to the backlog. I know everyone is busy and that some moderators may able to moderate certain types of uploads quicker than others. Keep up the good work.
Instructor
#87 Old 19th Mar 2013 at 10:15 AM
It may be off topic and you guys may redirect me to Creator Issues, but there seems to be no one there. Anyway, I have uploaded my creation for about a week, and I do wonder that is there a long moderation queue? Certainly over 96 hours, I think.

What about others?
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#88 Old 19th Mar 2013 at 1:31 PM
We're doing them as fast as they come in - right now 101 in the queue of which 60 still need to be looked at. I'm going to be going through as much of the backlog as I can tonight so hopefully a lot of you will start getting through the queue. I'm really sorry about the delays here - even though it's faster to process each one now, we're just getting swamped with new uploads!

Test Subject
#89 Old 19th Mar 2013 at 2:38 PM Last edited by mattgeo : 19th Mar 2013 at 2:38 PM. Reason: Fixed the post to make sense to everyone-else.
I would just like to say the new system is so much better than the old one. I was one of those people that submitted something (a year or two back) and got back a very long and confusing of negative criticism and no real answers. And got rather discouraged, so I just deleted alot of the stuff I wanted to try to upload, and just came to MTs to download things. The new system is great, and the feedback now is amazing. I actually just fixed my 2nd upload (I think it will be the 1st one to be accepted ), and thanks to the great feedback I made it even better.

And I plan to submit even more sims and houses to MTS!

And to the moderator that reviewed my submission. Thank you!
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#90 Old 19th Mar 2013 at 3:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimsMatthew
It may be off topic and you guys may redirect me to Creator Issues, but there seems to be no one there. Anyway, I have uploaded my creation for about a week, and I do wonder that is there a long moderation queue? Certainly over 96 hours, I think.

What about others?

I know Delphy answered regarding times so you probably won't need to post in Creator Issues but I just wanted to let you know that CI -always- looks empty. As a user, you can only see the threads that you start there while moderators can see all the threads in there. Don't worry, we're there if you do post!

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Scholar
#91 Old 19th Mar 2013 at 9:47 PM
I've been meaning to upload some new sims...

Sirius Black: Escaped Azkaban, Outran Dementors, Outwitted Ministry, Killed by Drapery
Where I've been hiding...
Inventor
#92 Old 20th Mar 2013 at 2:52 AM
This is great improvement. I adore it. :lovestruc
Now will be more fun and interesting make new creations.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#93 Old 20th Mar 2013 at 8:24 AM
I was using the new moderation system yesterday, and apart from a few hiccups (waves sheepishly to the poor uploader who accidentally got rejected instead of accepted - you know who you are) I think it is actually a lot better than the old system.

It helps when moderating to have a full set of things to look for - is this guideline met or not - it is very clear to moderate and hopefully clear for the uploader too. I am still a little slow with it, but that is just getting used to a new setup.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Mad Poster
#94 Old 25th Mar 2013 at 10:22 PM
I have a question that I am not sure where to put, and since the first post mentions what it's related to I figure I'll ask it here.

Now that content from FA from TSR can be included in lots, what kind of granted permission is required to actually include these lots? Since TSR has TSRAA, very few creators there have specific guidelines as far as I've been able to tell. I personally think TSRAA should count wherever, but I checked their definition and it's technically only for uploading on TSR. Do MTS want us to contact each creator to get specific permission, is TSRAA status considered enough?
Lab Assistant
#95 Old 26th Mar 2013 at 6:24 PM
I have a question.

How do I know my upload even went through. I got no nice letter saying it was received and also how long should I wait before I try uploading again? I haven't heard anything for four days now.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#96 Old 26th Mar 2013 at 7:07 PM
doorknob, if you haven't received a PM, then your upload didn't go through and, indeed, there's nothing from you in the queue. If you go to User Tools -> User Control Panel, you may find that a draft was automatically saved, which you can use to resubmit.

gummilutt, TSRAA is pretty specifically only applicable to lots uploaded to TSR, so it's not sufficient for including stuff on MTS. If you want to include TSR content and the creator doesn't have a policy, then yes, you should contact the creator. You can also remove the content from the sims2pack/sims3pack and list it as required, with a link for downloaders to get it straight from TSR.

Lab Assistant
#97 Old 27th Mar 2013 at 12:53 AM
^^^^

Thank you whiterider. No indeed it did not go through. Thank you I was so confused.
Test Subject
#98 Old 28th Mar 2013 at 7:48 PM
LOOL True Story!...:3
Test Subject
#99 Old 30th Apr 2013 at 1:21 PM
Who ever said this site was not popular has not been on here long enough cause since i joined here its always got stuff uploaded on here and some stuff that cant be found anywhere else.
is going to be a cat when she grows up.
retired moderator
#100 Old 1st May 2013 at 1:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by charmedirish1
Who ever said this site was not popular has not been on here long enough cause since i joined here its always got stuff uploaded on here and some stuff that cant be found anywhere else.

It was a joke, darlin'.
Page 4 of 5