Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
#26 Old 19th Mar 2020 at 4:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by carrie640
@lordtyger9 So I am creating a NEW plist(s) and adding them to the locations you've mentioned? I do not have a LAUNCHDaemons, but I have Launch Agents? I do not currently see a Plist with the names you mentioned currently. I am guessing that is because I am creating (vs modifying) them?

@carrie640
Yes you are creating them, so if you don't already have them that is normal. Just make sure to use the Terminal and set the Permissions on the files after you have put them in place, that is a critical step.

Oh and I am glad to be of help.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#27 Old 20th Mar 2020 at 12:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
@carrie640
Yes you are creating them, so if you don't already have them that is normal. Just make sure to use the Terminal and set the Permissions on the files after you have put them in place, that is a critical step.

Oh and I am glad to be of help.

@lordtyger9 For some reason, I thought I posted a response, but it's not showing I do not see a Launch Daemons...only a Launch Agents. Are they one and the same?? I am on Catalina if that matters.... Am I supposed to create the folder, as well, as the plists?

--Carrie
Sims 2 Mac Super Collection
Sims 3/WA/HELS/Ambitions/LN/Gen/Pets and doing it ALL on a MacBook Pro now..Hmmm...
Top Secret Researcher
#28 Old 21st Mar 2020 at 3:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by carrie640
@lordtyger9 For some reason, I thought I posted a response, but it's not showing I do not see a Launch Daemons...only a Launch Agents. Are they one and the same?? I am on Catalina if that matters.... Am I supposed to create the folder, as well, as the plists?

You are looking inside the Wrong Library folder, I know it is confusing, but there are three Folders named Library, you are looking in your <user name>/Library. One Library folder is System/Library, another one is <main drive>/Library and the other one is <user>/Library. Don't put a new folder there in your <user name>/Library if you did already remove it and the contents. You want to look in the Library Folder that is just inside your hard disk...what ever your main drive is called, in that particular Library folder there is a LaunchDaemons folder and a LaunchAgents folder.

Check to make sure that you have the correct folder.

Sorry that I missunderstood you earlier.

Note: The System/Library has both a LaunchDaemons folder and a LaunchAgents folder, just like the one I am telling you to install into, but you should not touch anything in the System/Library, I don't know if you can even...But just don't try.

I am on El Capitan, but I doubt that they changed the folders that much, so I think I am correct. Let me know.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Page 2 of 2