Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Mar 2019 at 6:04 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Replacing One PT
I have the multi-PT mod that has, apparently, JM Pescado as one of the aliens. No offence to him, but I would rather, erm, not have him sire my alien Sims. Is there any way to change just one of the PTs in a hood? I have already played with the mod in.

I have also, in addition to having the files in my downloads, put the character files in the Characters folder of my hood, since I had heard it was the right thing to do

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~Theodore Geisel
"If what you are is just what you own, what have you become when they take from you almost everything?" ~Destroya, My Chemical Romance
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 15th Mar 2019 at 10:35 PM
I'd say...take a look at this tutorial about how to create your own Multi PT mod. (this is the one I followed, to make mine)
If you can identify the one in your mod that you'd like to change, maybe this tut would give you the answer?
https://simgaroop.dreamwidth.org/39709.html

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3 Old 15th Mar 2019 at 11:40 PM
Who made a multiPT with Pes in it?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th Mar 2019 at 11:57 PM Last edited by Boosterbear : 16th Mar 2019 at 12:51 AM.
http://modthesims.info/d/79039/test...d-multi-pt.html
Pescado was the secret 8th PT

I read through that page, but my modding knowledge is limited to changing text strings or fixing memories, and poorly at that. I also became curious (no pun intended) - what would I do if I wanted to switch my eight-sim PT mod to one of the four-sim PT mods?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~Theodore Geisel
"If what you are is just what you own, what have you become when they take from you almost everything?" ~Destroya, My Chemical Romance
Mad Poster
#5 Old 16th Mar 2019 at 12:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Boosterbear
what would I do if I wanted to switch my eight-sim PT mod to one of the four-sim PT mods?

That though, I'd have no clue

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 16th Mar 2019 at 1:24 AM
You could leave the eight character files in your userdata folder and then just swap to another PT mod (even a 4 PT one). The sims that are already related to the old PTs will still be able to access their character data, but no new abductions by them will occur. Instead, all future abductions would be from the new Multi PT mod.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th Mar 2019 at 2:00 AM
Is it possible to mix&match PT mods? For example, if you like three from one set and one from another?

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8 Old 16th Mar 2019 at 2:31 AM
Only if you made a completely new multi PT mod using those sims.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 16th Mar 2019 at 4:55 PM
Would you have any tips on how to repress the Pescado impregnations, (weirdest sentence ever) or would a new PT mod have to be made?

Forum Resident
#10 Old 16th Mar 2019 at 8:56 PM
You could use simblender to scan the pregnancy - it identifies the impregnator. You could then use blender to terminate the pregnancy, and then use blender again to make the sim pregnant by aliens. There's only a 1/8 chance the randomizer would use the Pescado PT again, and if it does you can just keep terminating and trying until you get a different PT.

Is it the genetics that bothers you, or just the name? I know you can change things like eye colour and skintone of PTs in SimPE, and you should also be able to change the PT's name there, too. I just opened one of the PTs in the set I use, and the only place I could find the name was in two strings in the Catalog Description resource.

Here's what I did when I edited a PT's skin, and changing the eyes is similar: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=598392
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 16th Mar 2019 at 9:08 PM
Hey, that sounds great! I'll go through and see what I can do! My only problems were the name and the fact that he didn't have an alien skin, the face is definitely outlandish enough to be an alien, in my opinion

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 19th Mar 2019 at 7:14 PM
I finally got the time to open up SimPE, and for some reason the SimDNA won't open for him or the other PTs that have yet to have children