Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Feb 2019 at 11:45 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage
Default Vampire Default Not Showing Up [UC/Windows 10/Origin]
I'm using the fairly well-known Normal Looking NL Vampires default replacement (specifically the invisible one; intended to change nothing about their appearance), but somehow my vamps are still grey-skinned. I would ask in the thread directly, but multiple people have (with the exact same issue) and no response, so I'm posting here.

I've got no vampire defaults other than that one, and the file is in my Downloads, so I don't know what the issue could be. Any help appreciated.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 12:30 AM
Can you post a picture of one of your vampires?
Have you tried to move out the mod to see if anything changes?
Are you sure you unpacked the file? The file extension should be ".package". If it's zip, you need to unpack it.

The download is old, and from the looks of it a few people have had troubles after installing BV. I don't think vampires changed, but skin overlays may have done. These are plain texture overlays that change the TXMTs.

Do you have Sim Details on high in the game settings? If not, you may want to try just in case.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 2:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Can you post a picture of one of your vampires?
Are you sure you unpacked the file? The file extension should be ".package". If it's zip, you need to unpack it.

The download is old, and from the looks of it a few people have had troubles after installing BV. I don't think vampires changed, but skin overlays may have done. These are plain texture overlays that change the TXMTs.

Do you have Sim Details on high in the game settings? If not, you may want to try just in case.

Absolutely! I re-opened my game to see if it would, uh, magically solve itself after I tossed out the cache files and whatnot, and it didn't, so here are some pics. You can see my goth Townie before and right after I cheated him into vampirism, and then my SimSelf right before and after he bit them (just to see if it was testingcheats somehow, which seemed unlikely, but you never know.) Both grey as can be. I actually even used the same Townie I had the issue with before (which is why you can see the matchmaker's shoulder in one of the pics; I cured him before trying again), but nope, clearly it's not just him.

The file is unpacked, and Sim Detail was on High. Tried setting everything else to High as well, which did not help, either. Going to take the mod out and see what happens now; just wanted to update you beforehand because, like everyone's, my game likes to spend quite a while loading.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 3:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22

Can officially verify that nothing changes when the mod is fully removed. Looks exactly the same. Sigh...
Mad Poster
#5 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 5:06 AM
I use this mod and I can confirm that it works with all EPs. http://www.modthesims.info/d/297792...cement-v-2.html
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 5:14 AM Last edited by DaHanci : 25th Feb 2019 at 5:38 AM.
I'm going to try installing SevenSkell's vampire default, which is also invisible but newer and with bite marks. Maybe it'll work?

I appreciate the alternative, Charity, but that mod does something similar to Maxis, which is that it thoroughly whitewashes darker-skinned Sims (as you can see in my images posted above, the default Maxis made my light green-skinned Sim and dark brown-skinned Sims the literal exact same color, which I'm not comfortable with.) I'm looking for an invisible skin default specifically so that I won't have that happen. If you know of any, I'd love to try them!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 6:43 AM
I thought the skin looked too nice to be Maxis! It's another default (packaged with regular S1-4)! Thank God, I'll just remove that and it should work.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 8:37 AM
Thanks lol. I thought my default was invisible, but it appears not. Shows how many vampires I've played recently. I'll have to find a new one.