Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jan 2019 at 11:26 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default TSR Ad Skipper?
So is there any new TSR Ad Skipper/Countdown Skipper that makes it bearable to download from TSR again? The old one doesn't work anymore.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 28th Jan 2019 at 11:37 PM
I tried using one and it knew that I was using it. It was going to make me wait 10 minutes for my download.
Depending on what you want, you can check the Booty.
http://svs.paysites.mustbedestroyed.../booty/ts2/tsr/
Mad Poster
#3 Old 29th Jan 2019 at 12:15 AM
I never go there anymore because most of the stuff sucks and breaks games more often than not.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Forum Resident
#4 Old 29th Jan 2019 at 12:53 AM
I've been using this script, but it has to be that specific version (so v3.0.6r posted on 2018-01-18) and not any of the newer ones since those seem to contain some sort of crypto coin miner code in them. (I'm not saying it's there for malicious reasons the creator likely just wanted to make a little cash and I believe the miner only runs when you're browsing TSR, but I'm extremely pissed that there's no mention of it being included which makes it shady as hell, thus I always tell people to get the older version instead and set it to not update automatically) The only problem I occasionally have is that I have to refresh the page if I open things in tabs, otherwise it works as intended.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 29th Jan 2019 at 6:34 AM
The ad countdown is only 10 seconds. It's not that bad.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th Jan 2019 at 3:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
The ad countdown is only 10 seconds. It's not that bad.

It is, if you're downloading multiple stuff. It adds up. Plus, you can't look at other tabs while the countdown is going or it isn't counting down.

Thanks you others! Not sure how to use a script though :S I'll see what to do with that next time.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 29th Jan 2019 at 3:26 PM
Guess I only ever download the occasional thing from TSR, so it doesn't take long enough to bother me.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 29th Jan 2019 at 6:07 PM
Yeah when I'm on a downloading spree, I download dozens of objects at a time. Then it doesn't really work to sit through 10 seconds for each download while not being allowed to look for other stuff while you wait. Plus, even if I turn off adblock, they're still blocking the download even after waiting. They're just insane. I'd rather just avoid TSR entirely, but sometimes they have must-have stuff that MTS doesn't have, like the hairs. I've already whitelisted MTS because unlike TSR they are sane with their ads. Thankfully I now know about the booty, I'll check there first next time.
Instructor
#9 Old 29th Jan 2019 at 6:47 PM
There was a plug in for Google Chrome browser, don't think it works anymore.
Search the add ons for Google Chrome and you should find it
Mad Poster
#10 Old 29th Jan 2019 at 7:03 PM
I've not tried it yet, but if you use Tampermonkey there's a TSR Freemium userscript that may be worth a look at. It hasn't been updated since last May, though.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Forum Resident
#11 Old 30th Jan 2019 at 4:24 AM
^ That's the same one I linked some posts above, I should probably have mentioned its name there instead of just calling it "script" oops. ^^; Just make sure to get the v3.0.6r version posted on 2018-01-18 to avoid the miner the later ones have in them. I've used it for year or so and it seems to work just fine aside of occasional page not loading if you open things in tabs, but simply refreshing the page again fixes that.
Alchemist
#12 Old 30th Jan 2019 at 10:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
Yeah when I'm on a downloading spree, I download dozens of objects at a time. Then it doesn't really work to sit through 10 seconds for each download while not being allowed to look for other stuff while you wait.

I just open the download in a different tab and then continue looking in the first tab while it downloads. Have you tried that?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 30th Jan 2019 at 4:02 PM
Yes, like I said that doesn't work for me because the countdown stops when I switch tabs. I have to stay on that tab for the countdown to run. But if that somehow works for you, good for you. What browser do you use? I use chrome.
Test Subject
#14 Old 12th Nov 2019 at 2:40 AM
I've created a new extension that works. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...bbmnpapkc?hl=en
It also auto-clicks Download from TheSimsCatalog if you use that.

Cheers and sorry for necro.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 12th Nov 2019 at 2:42 AM
TSR is a PITA at the moment. Anything I try to look at never finishes downloading the page content (except for the comments lol). Can't even get a download button to click on.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 12th Nov 2019 at 2:23 PM
My approach seems to work alright, if not perfect - as long as I haven't downloaded anything, I can open several tabs, then click the download button, let them download one file at a time. I only get the 10 second wait. If I then open new tabs I get the 180 second endless wait, but closing down the windows and starting over again resets the tab thing so I can do it all over again. I'll often save different links and then open them in separate tabs before downloading anyhing. Not sure if this makes sense, but it still works alright.

I think the TSR countdown skipper I have for Firefox still works, but I haven't tried in a while.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17 Old 12th Nov 2019 at 10:55 PM
My old one stopped working (on FireFox), I tried a new skipper and it was more trouble than it was worth as it literally stopped me clicking on links in posts and would reload the same page. I found sometimes if I load TSR page many times sometimes it downloads. I try not to go there unless I have to.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 23rd Nov 2019 at 12:13 AM
Honestly haven't seen Ads anywhere for years; web sites, videos, etc (unless I allow it). ublock Origin is the Only ad-blocker anyone should need. Linking to the basic Search for it here, since I'm not certain of your setup, but do give it a try, I think anyone who would try it would like it.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=ublock+Or...b=v182-1&ia=webhttps://duckduckgo.com/?q=ublock+Or...b=v182-1&ia=web

EDIT to NOTE: I DO whitelist modthesims.info

"If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague."