Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#76 Old 15th Jun 2005 at 12:25 AM
lol
I know how hard was to find and make those changes.

But, if you don't know already, DarkMatter is working on a DatGen's plugin to help us out. :D

Soon we will made custom hairs be placed in the correct color sections and use the game genetics. :D

here's a link:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=65672
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 24th Jun 2005 at 8:18 PM
so can some one explain this to me by dumbing it down a little!

Does this mean the hair will not be in custom content but in the regular hair style area
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 24th Jun 2005 at 9:00 PM
As I understand it:

When DarkMatter's plugin is complete, it will allow you to assign custom hairs to fall into the regular area. It will be up to you to use the tool to categorize things correctly, although apparently DarkMatter is working on a thumbnail preview in the tool to make this easier.

Hairs you categorize with this tool will then show up in the regular areas. They will still have the star/asterisk that marks them as custom content. As a plus, their genetics will work like normal Maxis hair.

Because you will categorize hairs in "families" -- i.e. same style, different hair colors -- they will work like Maxis hairs do in Body Shop/CAS: if you have a particular hairstyle selected in one color, and switch to another color, your sim will have the same style in the new color.

I have done this with a few hairstyles in the way leavemeanonymous and RGiles suggested, and it's very neat. I'm looking forward to doing it in a more-automated way with the forthcoming tool.

(Many thanks to all those who have been investigating hair genetics and categorization; this has been bugging me almost since I got the game.)
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 24th Jun 2005 at 10:52 PM
Hey aqualectrix
can you teach me how to do this? Pm me your respnse and i can give you my e-mail
Test Subject
#80 Old 25th Jun 2005 at 3:01 AM
I noticed this problem too and I really wish that the custom haircolors that do not change with age (from childhoos to adult) were categorized by color. That would make it a lot easier when creating a sim. The one hair mesh that shows up (as previously mentioned) has the little daisy to show that it's custom and still manages to be categorized. As someone with a large collection of custom hairstyles I get very frustrated while waiting for the game to load each page of choices while I sift through trying to find a specific style in a specific color. It would be so much easier if they were categorized by color!

Heck, that goes for clothing too.
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 25th Jun 2005 at 3:23 PM
Hey can you also make a check box thing for SimPE to that is for making a hair meshes?
I've tried making hair mesh but the hair is always blank socan someone make that for SimPE somehow? Or can someone atleast help me?

Ps. I Got someones hair mesh and i put it with the games genetics thanx to aqualectrix
Lab Assistant
#82 Old 5th Oct 2005 at 11:30 AM
i know this thread is a bit dead now, but i must ask. is there a way to use the method described here by pinhead, or using the datgen plugin, but have the final package ultimately point to the maxis default textures. i ask because i want to create a new mesh that is genetic and has all colors and categorized correctly, but i dont plan on changing the texture at all. i also dont plan on doing any uv mapping/remapping or creating or deleting vertices, just moving them around, so the new but unaltered textures would be pointless to include in the package. is this possible? thanks a lot.
Instructor
#83 Old 17th Jul 2006 at 3:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by leave_me_anonymous
-Click on it. In the settings window to the right, change the value of the "hairtone (dtString)" accordingly to determine which hair color category it turns up under:
for black:
00000001-0000-0000-0000-000000000000

for brown:
00000002-0000-0000-0000-000000000000

for blond:
00000003-0000-0000-0000-000000000000

for red:
00000004-0000-0000-0000-000000000000

for grey:
00000005-0000-0000-0000-000000000000
-click the "commit" button

How to do so it apear in all catagory?
Trying do do so the servos head apear there.

Unauthorized incoming post!
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#84 Old 18th Jul 2006 at 4:01 AM
There's a new custom hair binning tool that works with simpe... try that
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...102#post1283102

there's also 2 other tutorials for binning hair on site, one with just SimPE and another that uses Datgen, look in the tutorials areas.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Locked thread | Locked by: tiggerypum Reason: This discussion is over a year old, locking before the zombie eats our brains
Page 4 of 4