Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Nov 2014 at 12:18 AM
Default CC hair issues while in Live Mode
Hello! I am having a problem with the CC hairs that I have downloaded from various different sites. The hair will look fine while in CAS, but when I go into live mode these strange highlights appear on the hairs. I've tested each different hair, and tried different hair colors with the same results each time. I have tried changing my graphics options in game to see if the issue was low quality, but no matter how high I jack up the settings the highlights persist. I play on a Sony VAIO with Intel Core i3 330M / 2.13 GHz, dual core.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 4th Nov 2014 at 5:06 AM Last edited by mummy_001 : 4th Nov 2014 at 11:03 AM.
Sorry but until the Modder's get around making hair meshes etc. these things are going to happen. I get it with some converted hair that I have downloaded. It has to do with the sheer difference in the Sims 4 hair than the previous versions of the Sims. I'm not a Modder so I can not give you an in-depth answer. For now though we have to just accept that the hair is not that great yet.

I'm sure someone can explain this better...
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#3 Old 4th Nov 2014 at 1:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by akf018
these strange highlights appear on the hairs.

It woudl be helpful if you'd post a screenshot -- otherwise nobody knows what "strange highlights" you are talking about.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th Nov 2014 at 7:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
It woudl be helpful if you'd post a screenshot -- otherwise nobody knows what "strange highlights" you are talking about.

This! It's not so awful looking on the blondes.
Screenshots
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#5 Old 4th Nov 2014 at 7:27 PM
Can you try to find your chipset in the Intel list in this post: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...027#post4592027 ? Is that supported at all?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Nov 2014 at 8:54 PM
I have Mobile Intel HM55 Express, couldn't find it on there.
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
#7 Old 4th Nov 2014 at 11:50 PM
That's due to notebook mode. Sims3-like hairs have a transparency that looks weird when notebook mode is on. You need to turn it off in your game settings.

Check out my tutorials: For TS4: Eyelashes and for TS2: Eyes and Eyes 2
-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#8 Old 5th Nov 2014 at 12:38 AM
If turning laptop mode off doesn't help, you're most likely going to have to live with cc hairs (and probably some other things) not looking like they should - since you've got an unsupported card.
Scholar
#9 Old 5th Nov 2014 at 10:16 AM
Hello! I am having a problem with the CC hairs that I have downloaded from various different sites. The hair will look fine while in CAS, but when I go into live mode these strange highlights appear on the hairs. I've tested each different hair, and tried different hair colors with the same results each time. I have tried changing my graphics options in game to see if the issue was low quality, but no matter how high I jack up the settings the highlights persist. I play on a Sony VAIO with Intel Core i3 330M / 2.13 GHz, dual core.

My bad... I thought you were talking about strange white spots not whole head issues.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 13th Nov 2014 at 8:07 AM
Thanks everyone! Haven't gotten around to trying this out on the lappy, my fiance and I just built my computer for my birthday, so I'm gonna check it out on there and see if the graphics card I got solves the issue! Thank you again! (:
Test Subject
#11 Old 29th Dec 2014 at 8:18 AM
Hi, just as a quick update on this, I have the same issue.
It cannot be my computer as it is new with Nvidia Geforce graphics. I will try and turn off notebook mode as you said but every CC hair I download is like this and is rather unfortunate that you cannot play with good looking hair.
Test Subject
#12 Old 29th Dec 2014 at 8:25 AM
Ok, tried turning off Laptop Mode, restarted and now the CC works perfectly <3
Test Subject
#13 Old 2nd Jan 2015 at 4:50 PM
i have a laptop and i put it on laptop mode so my cc would work and it did work... but the only problem is is that when i take it off laptop mode, it makes my game lag like crazy... i tried turning down the graphics in the game but that didnt help ;( Anyone have any ideas how to fix it? All suggestions are appreciated
Scholar
#14 Old 3rd Jan 2015 at 3:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by majiccpeanutt
i have a laptop and i put it on laptop mode so my cc would work and it did work... but the only problem is is that when i take it off laptop mode, it makes my game lag like crazy... i tried turning down the graphics in the game but that didnt help ;( Anyone have any ideas how to fix it? All suggestions are appreciated

No fix for it at all. You need it in laptop mode if your graphics card is not high enough.
Its a common issue on older laptops with a integrated graphics card. Go to the following EA link and once there you will see a link to Can You Run It. That will tell you if your laptop is capable of running Sims 4 Correctly.

http://help.ea.com/en/article/the-s...m-requirements/
Test Subject
#15 Old 12th Feb 2015 at 10:57 AM
you can https://www.google.dk/url?sa=t&rct=...P5boncX9DynJRrw see that video that wood maybe help
(and i now im not good at english)
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 30th Mar 2015 at 10:03 AM
I know its probably said already and HEAPS on other websites but: just turn off laptop mode. Get off of the sims 4 and get back on, it MIGHT be fixed. It didn't fix when I had this problem so I left it off laptop mode for a couple of days and it is now all fixed.
Test Subject
#17 Old 30th Apr 2015 at 4:49 PM
I had the same problem. Thank you so much! I can finally play my game properly.
Test Subject
#18 Old 10th May 2015 at 9:05 PM
first of all, i am on desktop, so im not on laptop mode,second of all, i changed my settings to very high. it helped a bit, but when you zoom out the farthest, it happens again. any suggestions?
Test Subject
#19 Old 19th Jun 2015 at 4:43 PM
same problem

i have the same problem but mine is a mac someone know how to fix it?
Test Subject
#20 Old 27th Jun 2015 at 9:36 PM
Go under graphics enable uncompressed sim textures. I had the weird hair even without laptop mode and I did that and it worked.
Test Subject
#21 Old 4th Aug 2015 at 7:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cotty200
I know its probably said already and HEAPS on other websites but: just turn off laptop mode. Get off of the sims 4 and get back on, it MIGHT be fixed. It didn't fix when I had this problem so I left it off laptop mode for a couple of days and it is now all fixed.

It just makes it slow.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#22 Old 5th Aug 2015 at 4:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ragefilledrussian
Go under graphics enable uncompressed sim textures. I had the weird hair even without laptop mode and I did that and it worked.

Enabling uncompressed textures on a machine that already defaults to Laptop Mode is a really stupid idea. Sorry. Please do not recommend that to people when you know nothing about their specs.

Test Subject
#23 Old 26th Aug 2015 at 2:57 PM
Default I had that happen with me but I fixed it!

So, that happened to me! Is your computer in Laptop mode? If so, take it out and then exit the game, then re-log. It should be good by then!
Test Subject
#24 Old 30th Sep 2015 at 10:52 AM
thanks
Quote: Originally posted by mustluvcatz
If turning laptop mode off doesn't help, you're most likely going to have to live with cc hairs (and probably some other things) not looking like they should - since you've got an unsupported card.

omg thanks so much it annoyed the heck out of me! :p
Test Subject
#25 Old 21st Jul 2016 at 2:28 AM
Ok, so I realize this thread is old and probably dead, but I'm experiencing a similar issue.

I made a custom recolor of kijiko's ragamuffin hair for sims 4, and it looks fine in CAS, but when I go into Live mode it looks blonde. Like entirely. But if I zoom in I can see the color underneath as tho the blonde is some weird overlay.

I also tried all the suggestions in this thread and can't get it fixed.
Please help?

Screenshots provided below:
Screenshots
Page 1 of 2