Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 1:34 AM
Default Please help Young Adults!
Everybody Young Adults need some serious work done on their clothing. Men and Women.....what Maxis gave them is hideous.

I thank you and they thank you .....in advance.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 1:36 AM
ugh i completely agree. their clothes are gross. I've been looking for young adult clothing as well since i can't make them at all..but so far nothing really that good. official site has some young adult models up by users but not that much variety and i don't like installing entire sims, it's a pain.
Test Subject
#3 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 2:33 PM
Ugh, I agree. I created some sororities for my female sims (goes great with the storyline I'm developing) and so I made them some customized tees with their sorority letters on it. That's about all I can do though-there is some amazing stuff out there for teens and adults, and I am sure there will be some fabulous stuff posted here soon!

"We're just a bunch of clowns sitting around enjoying a big plate of beef. White, powdery, beef!"--Shakes the Clown
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 2:52 PM
They are better dressed when streaking ! :D
Instructor
#5 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 2:59 PM
I would personally rather someone figure out how to enable custom adult clothes for them since they use the same bodies than to have to duplicate all the adult stuff all over, although some completely new young adult clothes would be nice too. But then I might want to be able to use them for adults too. :p
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 3:06 PM
Well Adults males can wear briefs or speedos...Not all College men are boxer guys.....we need a body mesh for this.
Test Subject
#7 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 3:08 PM
Lol, micl2u! I have to agree!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 4:25 PM
i think they should be able to sleep commando! my boyfriend never wears anything to bed
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 4:26 PM
seriously though their clothes are gross...i can't wait until TSR starts uploading young adult clothing. and i agree...convering the clothes we already have to young adult from adult would be absolutely awesome.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 4:29 PM
are the young adults the same size the regular adults have ? or are they intermediate between teens and adylts ?
Forum Resident
#11 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 4:46 PM
Young adults are the same size as adults. in [Univ]Testers Wanted - Fix for Young Adults walking like elders MaxoidTom says the following:
Quote:
Young adults use the adult body & face meshes for legacy sims, but the teen skintone.

It was decided to give them a whole new wardrobe to differentiate them from teens and adults (there is some clothing that is shared though). There is no technical reason why adult clothes could not be used on YA sims though. It is unfortunate if you wanted to use your custom clothes on the YA sims, but it shouldn't be hard to mark those clothing items valid for YA as well using the modding tools available.
and saramkirk revealed:
Quote:
About clothing conversion.

Since there is just one piece of code that tells the game which age group the clothing belongs to (0x00000008 for adults, 0x00000040 for young adults), maybe we could *at least* have a batch utility to convert our things? I mean, unless something better can be thought up.

I already converted a few of my favorite outfits, both from-YA-to-A and from-A-to-YA, using SimPE. It was boring and took too long.

And of course having multiple copies of the same item sucks. But it would be better to have to have multiple copies than nothing at all.

Hey, do those codes combine somehow? Like the catalog categories do? Maybe there's some magic number that makes clothing show up for BOTH young adults and adults. That would make things easier.

So the code to change in SimPE is (0x00000008 for adults, 0x00000040 for young adults)...
What I don't know is the exact line this info goes to.
Test Subject
#12 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 4:56 PM
I figured out a fairly easy, yet time consuming way to change Adult Clothing so YA's can wear them and all you need is Body Shop, not SIMPE.. Heres how.

Load it up, export a young adult skin type that you want to make from your adult clothing, name it young adult. Then go and export your adult clothing, name it whatever. Go to the project folder where it was exported, go to your adult clothing, copy the texture name and the texture alpha, (bmp files) and then go to the Young Adult that you exported, and paste those over. Then import it back into the game and it should be there. Wala. Its pretty simple. Tell me if you need any other help.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 5:04 PM
I have SimPE but ive never used it seeing has how confusing it is!!!
Forum Resident
#14 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 6:30 PM
MaxoidTom just posted this: The SimPE number field of 0x00000008 for adults, 0x00000040 for young adults is a range. So to get the clothing to appear in both Adult and YA catagories without doubling your downloads combine numbers like this : 0x00000048. If these are correct numbers for this field. Anyone look into the number for teens?
Feeder of Cheesecake to Llamas
retired moderator
#15 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 9:44 PM
Thank you for that. I've seen a couple of fixes, and from what I've seen, the adult-to-young adult clothing conversions will be a lot more popular than the other way around. Clothing designers are going to be very, very popular thanks to this EP.

"Living well is the best revenge. . ." George Bernard Shaw
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 6:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dewshine
MaxoidTom just posted this: The SimPE number field of 0x00000008 for adults, 0x00000040 for young adults is a range. So to get the clothing to appear in both Adult and YA catagories without doubling your downloads combine numbers like this : 0x00000048. If these are correct numbers for this field. Anyone look into the number for teens?

I tried to do this -- under Property Set, I changed age value. But I can't get it to work. Can you please expand on how you modified your clothing to have it appear in both categories?
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 6:59 AM
I'd rather them wear my teen clothes. Most of my teen clothes are young and funkier than the adult clothes. But all in all, anything is better than what they have. Not every college student dresses like a slacker.
Forum Resident
#18 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 11:32 AM
Actually I'm passing along Info that it should be possible. So Property Set might not be the correct field? Did you look to see if the numbers for Adult and Young Adult were correct? Again I don't know that for sure. I'm going to PM saramkirk and ask what field needs to be changed.
saramkirk was the one who originally began using SimPE to convert clothing, but MaxoidTom added that we don't need to double the downloads and how to get the clothing to appear in both age groups. Again I'm not positive about the numbers yet, those were what saramkirk posted. Let me PM saramkirk and play with it somemore. If anyone gets this to work PLEASE please post how for all of our benefit. I'll do likewise if I confirm that the process works.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 12:16 PM Last edited by micl2u : 4th Mar 2005 at 12:23 PM.
The YAs might use the Adult mesh...but not all of the meshes.
Quote:
Young adults use the adult body & face meshes for legacy sims, but the teen skintone.

What difference is there in a skintone from one age to anothe or a clothing file. I have copied and pasted teen clothes to Adult files that have a simular mesh and they fit exactly.
Adults have a larger variety of meshes...YAs will for ever be lacking diversity till they are converted. Exampe Adult Males can wear brief underwear. YAs can only wear boxers with some type undershirt.....geez not all college men are boxer guys.

Early screen shots seemed to indicate that YA were a size between teens and adult. Guess the release date was more important than diversity of size. YAs should have access to teen and adult clothing since that is the transition period. YAs do not change in any way when they transform into Adults....which look too young any way.
Forum Resident
#20 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 1:49 PM Last edited by dewshine : 4th Mar 2005 at 2:23 PM. Reason: add
Okay, I'm testing the conversion now. In SimPE under "Property set" there is a line that says "age". Look in the plugin view. The numbers I posted before appear to be correct. Adult is 0x00000008. Young Adult is 0x00000040. Teen is 0x00000004.
I have yet to try to make something show up in both age groups. However, I was able to take one of Rosco's catsuits (the yellow one) and make it appear in another age group. my test was from adult to teen. look in the first picture, you see that it worked. The teen has the adult build however...
Now for the reverse.... I took one of the Teen outfits I've downloaded, I'm not sure where I got it but it is capris and orange sweater and black boots. In pic 2 you see the result. An adult with the teen build wearing the outfit. Very interesting....

I wanted to add, it appears that the default mesh for converted stuff is the "nude" or bathingsuit mesh. If that is the case it will be easy to create or modify existing briefs for men to work with the young adult age group. I wonder if I sucessfully do this would anyone like the file? if so I'll put it up for download.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 4:32 PM
Dewshine, thanks for working with me on this. This kept me up until 2am last night.
Anyway, I did set the age value to 0x...48 (adding up the adult & the YA values) then I clicked Commit then saved file. The only other buttons were Add & Delete. I didn't try switching to teen since I didn't know that number. But I still didn't see the top I was messing with in the YA category in Body Shop.
I'm at work now or I would be right back in SimPE Did you click the Add button then commit & save? Is that where I went wrong?
Again, thank you for helping out.
Forum Resident
#22 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 4:39 PM Last edited by dewshine : 4th Mar 2005 at 5:02 PM. Reason: adding...
I just did the commit and save. did you double check the YA numbers? was it infact a 0x00000040?. Could you confirm this?.
If nothing else we will have to go back to the dual copies. I'm still trying to double check that it will work myself.
did you leave your top in the everyday catagory?
What I need to do is check to see if there are meshes shared across say like the elder/ adult age groups and try that modification too.

Okay. Elder has this code: 0x00000010. So I'm guessing that the body sizes are the same, and that some meshes are shared. Currently I'm playing with the Trashed set, so I attempted to make the Grandma's Mumu by DumbBlonde work for adults by switching the code to 0x00000018. I'm wondering if your attempts are not working due to the use of a unique mesh?
I'm waiting for bodyshop to load to see if this works...
What do you know....It did :shock: Here is a picture....
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#23 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 5:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dewshine
Okay. Elder has this code: 0x00000010. So I'm guessing that the body sizes are the same, and that some meshes are shared. Currently I'm playing with the Trashed set, so I attempted to make the Grandma's Mumu by DumbBlonde work for adults by switching the code to 0x00000018. I'm wondering if your attempts are not working due to the use of a unique mesh?
I'm waiting for bodyshop to load to see if this works...
What do you know....It did :shock: Here is a picture....

Did it also still stay in the elder clothes? Another question, is everyone sure that the YA is 0x...40? Thanks for your help in all this.
Forum Resident
#24 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 5:27 PM
Yep it sure did. I am really surprised at how easy it is, at least with full outfits. I have yet to try say a top or a bottom. Ah, my next project! (hey, want a pic?).

Also I got a PM that confirms that the YA number is 0x00000040. So we are good to go on that one. However, the files for YA have extra lines that the other clothing does not have. It may be that these lines must be added inorder for the conversion to work. I'm still playing with it.
Test Subject
#25 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 5:38 PM
Just a dumb question here:
Do you change the age property in files you created in bodyshop or in the actual game files?
Page 1 of 6