Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#326 Old 28th Apr 2013 at 8:55 PM Last edited by Laila-sun : 28th Apr 2013 at 9:05 PM.
@ Margaret Pendragon

I tested the method to put my altered Clear-Ini-Files into a selfmade Config-Folder, and again exported my world. But CAW didn't discharge the files after exporting, and it didn't work in game...
When I save a new world, I always create a folder with the world's name, and make CAW save the world in this new folder. But CAW there Creates an extra folder with Lots and Layers, as usual, and every time I change my world and save it, it creates a new folder with many numbers after the name, those Bkp-thingy-folders. ...
This config folder.. do I have to put it into this original folder with the worldname which CAW creates the first time, or into the newest Bkp-thingy-folder?

I also tested opening my world file in S3PE, deleted the WPID file, saved, opened it in CAW and saved it in CAW again under another world-file.
Then I opened the .world-file in S3PE again, importing my altered ini-files, and saved, then exported it with CAW without opening it again in CAW.
But my weather didn't show up.
I thougt it was because the clear weather showed up not very often, and shifted the weather with the weather clock to Clear... but it wasn't there v.v

Oh..sorry..wait.... for forcing CAW to automatically export the world with the inis in the Config folder, i have to change the name of Sky_Clear1.ini into WorldEnvtIni_Clear1.ini, like simsample said? ._.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#327 Old 28th Apr 2013 at 10:16 PM
Yes, this is what my Config folder looks like.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#328 Old 28th Apr 2013 at 10:59 PM
I don't have CameraFlyThroughPath.ini, LightingCommon, World.ini... also don't have dds files...
Why isn't it Sea.ini, only Sea? What is the World.ini ? o.o
And where do I put the folder.. I only included WorldEnvtIni_Clear.ini and WorldEnvtIni_ClearSea.ini to test it in my world...
but it didn't work, I put it in every [worldname]-Folder...v.v CAW wouldn't include the information.
Do I have to put all these files in the config folder, not only the 3 I've tested it with?

Could you be so kind and upload a zip-File with your Config-Folder here...perhaps with a Screenshot where it's located?
So I could use it as a sample for doing own changes?
T.T

Thank you for your attention!
Top Secret Researcher
#329 Old 28th Apr 2013 at 11:23 PM
You don't have to have all of those files in the config folder, only the ones you wish to be automatically included in the world you export. But they do need to be renamed within that config folder as per simsample's instructions. The config folder goes into the CAW folder for your world, along with the Layers and Lots folders it already contains.
Test Subject
#330 Old 29th Apr 2013 at 9:58 PM Last edited by Laila-sun : 29th Apr 2013 at 10:30 PM.
Tried it many times...can't help it, I won't get it work...but thanks for the information...
I won't give up and try it again later.
The method of importing ini files with S3PE into a worldfile is perhaps a better method for me, but this didn't work either v.v
I'll make more tests later.
Thank you.

OH..... I just tried to open my world in S3PE and importetd the downloaded ini files from Sunlit tides and saved, just for testing... this worked!
But I can't get it work if I change, for example, the parameters in a base game file such as Sky_Clear1.ini and generate a hash of Sky_Clear1and import the file with the correct hash.... hm..
Perhaps it's more simple to change the downloaded ini and dds files from all the worlds simsample gave us the files of?
Test Subject
#331 Old 2nd May 2013 at 8:56 PM
Thanks for helping!
Today I tried again, and only changed the water colour (into red) in the copied basegame-ini-files.
I saved my world with a new WPID and imported the altered ini files with the correct FNV64 hashes and it worked!
The tutorials in this forum are great! ^o^

Just one more question:
Is there a way to change the loading screen for your world?
I'd want to avoid the Sunset Valley Background....
Thank you!
Test Subject
#332 Old 12th May 2013 at 2:55 PM
sorry, I got a question,

is it possible, to take the Moonlight Falls Water and put it together with the lighting of Monte Vista? Hope you can help me
Lab Assistant
#333 Old 13th May 2013 at 3:13 PM
Thank Youuuuuu My World Looks So Much Better :d
Lab Assistant
#334 Old 17th May 2013 at 4:28 AM Last edited by hungryhippo : 17th May 2013 at 1:25 PM.
I've got a question.
I've taken all the INI files using S3PE of a custom world and imported them into the Sims University world to change the sky color/weather/cloud effects. But the clouds are all purple in game.
In the custom world I took them from the clouds are the normal grey/white
What did I do wrong?

EDIT: Nevermind, fixed it. Didn't export/import the color wheels buried in _IMG
Test Subject
#335 Old 29th Jun 2013 at 12:18 AM
Is there ini files for isla peradiso
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#336 Old 4th Jul 2013 at 7:38 PM
Here are the ini files and color ramps of Isla Paradiso and also Dragon Valley...

I really like the ini files and color ramps from Isla Paradiso. They're great

Feel free to use them in your worlds :D
Attached files:
File Type: zip  DragonValley.zip (24.3 KB, 66 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Extracted Color Ramps and Ini files from Dragon Valley
File Type: zip  IslaParadiso.zip (23.3 KB, 115 downloads) - View custom content

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Lab Assistant
#337 Old 7th Jul 2013 at 12:22 PM Last edited by Sim Libby : 7th Jul 2013 at 3:20 PM.
Default Tutorial in Dutch
Hi Simsample,

I have translated this tutorial into Dutch (somebody asked me to), even do this is a learning tutorial. I also have downloads in "my" tutorial. It's important for me to let you know, I made this myself (I did not took somebody elses).

http://simsexpressie.weebly.com/zee...parameters.html

I also have translated Clearics tutorial, even do it's a little bit outdated. I think it's a good introduction to get familiar with editing .ini files.
http://simsexpressie.weebly.com/een...-je-wereld.html

I also made this tutorial about extracting ini information and colour ramps from worlds, with help from Auntielynds and you:
http://simsexpressie.weebly.com/ini...een-wereld.html

The main page of all these tutorials is this one:
INI bestanden en colour ramps exporteren, bewerken en importeren in werelden

Maybe you, or somebody else, have some use from this translations.
Test Subject
#338 Old 11th Jul 2013 at 12:08 PM
If I want the Isla Paradiso water in my Sunset Valley, what do I need to do with the files? Where to put it?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg  Isla Paradiso.jpg (246.1 KB, 52 downloads)
Test Subject
#339 Old 12th Jul 2013 at 12:36 AM
Default Still confused
Okay so please forgive me for my lack of understanding. I have read through this thread many times today and my head is beginning to spin. Apparently I am missing a huge chunk of information and hope someone can help me. Okay. Lets say I do not want to create my own colors for water, but I do want to use the colors from Sunlit Tides. I have downloaded the files that were made available. I also downloaded S3PE. But, now what? This is where I get confused and always I am sent back to the original post...yet I still do not grasp what it is I am suppose to do next. I want to use the colors for a world I am making in CAW. I understand how to open my world in S3PE but I do not understand how/where/when/what to do with the new files and how exactly do I move Sunlit Tides .ini files that I DL'd to my world? I hope this makes sense to someone and they can explain it to me a bit more clearly. Thank you :p
Top Secret Researcher
#340 Old 12th Jul 2013 at 6:53 PM
Nila, if this is a world-in-progress, you don't necessarily need to use S3PE to import the files. Have you read this post? http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=466283
Lab Assistant
#341 Old 13th Jul 2013 at 4:14 PM
Just wanted to sincerely thank Jawusa for adding Island Paradise and Dragonvalley files! I slapped IP into a package using S3PE and placed them in my mods folder and voila! Isla Paradiso water and skies in my custom world. Loved them so much I am going to add them permanently to CAW. Again thank you so much and to everyone else for posting and testing these things. :lovestruc
Test Subject
#342 Old 15th Jul 2013 at 5:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Margaret Pendragon
Nila, if this is a world-in-progress, you don't necessarily need to use S3PE to import the files. Have you read this post? http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=466283

I got it now! Thank you very much. Everything seems to be working great other than an issue after I install my world and play it once when I come back it is grayed out and won't let me open it...says something about missing expansion data....yay on to the next problem lol....
Field Researcher
#343 Old 15th Jul 2013 at 6:52 AM
Does anybody have any idea what these parametres actually do?

[UnderSeaFog]
UnderSeaFogStartDist = 100.0
UnderSeaFogEndDist = 82.1
UnderSeaFogFalloffPower = 0.22

Those settings will cause this underwater:

I have been fiddling with the UnderSeaFogStartDist and if it is anything over 50 the result is the same and also if it is 5. The best range seems to be something between 20-40, for the sake of underwater clearness. What might that fall off power be? I put it to 0.5 and I am starting to be quite satisfied how far you can zoom out to still have pretty clear image. Or am I confusing it to Fog start distance? Ugh, I need fresh set of brains.
Test Subject
#344 Old 15th Jul 2013 at 12:29 PM
Hey Playful, could you post the (island paradise) package file here?
Test Subject
#345 Old 18th Jul 2013 at 6:11 PM Last edited by mahoganyrose : 18th Jul 2013 at 9:50 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by playful
Just wanted to sincerely thank Jawusa for adding Island Paradise and Dragonvalley files! I slapped IP into a package using S3PE and placed them in my mods folder and voila! Isla Paradiso water and skies in my custom world. Loved them so much I am going to add them permanently to CAW. Again thank you so much and to everyone else for posting and testing these things. :lovestruc

I tried this and while the water color changed in CAW, when I exported and opened the world in game, no changes had been made, same old dark water. Any idea what I might've done wrong?

*EDIT*

NM. I figured it out, I'd imported the package into the wrong folder.
Test Subject
#346 Old 21st Jul 2013 at 4:54 PM
You know, I really would like to do that too, but I tried to do it in S3PE but I can't.
Test Subject
#347 Old 25th Jul 2013 at 12:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sandrate
You know, I really would like to do that too, but I tried to do it in S3PE but I can't.

Here are the package files if you want them Sandrate. (I think I uploaded it correctly). And after I exported my world, I opened it up in S3PE and just imported this package into it. It finally added the correct water/sky colors properly.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Island Paradise.rar (16.9 KB, 75 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
#350 Old 27th Aug 2013 at 9:58 PM
Well, so if I got everything right, I could create my own weather setting that could be a mixture of different (already existing) worlds. I would be able to take the Custom ini of Aurora Skies and match it with Clear from Sunlit Tides and Partly Cloudy from Island Paradise, if I wanted?!

But it wouldn't be possible to use the custom Weather of Island Paradise and make it my "Clear"-Weather, because of the hash? Or would it work, because I'd have to add the weather files with the correct names anyway? (see http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=466283 )
(Or because I could just copy the settings from inside the files (the text) and paste it into the right one?!)

Hope this post makes sense ö.ö
Page 14 of 18