Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Feb 2012 at 5:24 AM Last edited by Riptide651 : 19th Feb 2012 at 6:16 AM.
Default Building a Steam Shower - A Tutorial
Requires Ambitions and World Adventures

In this tutorial, I'd like to teach you how to make a steam shower. I recently used one of these on my ski vacation, and let me tell you, after skiing for a few hours, it is so relaxing. So I decided to build one. It is actually relatively easy. I would have used a fog machine but it is not able to work with triggers, but it would help because they are isolated to one room. The only real problem is that the fog comes out of the room itself so we can just say the windows have a leak.

Items Used:
- A backless, preferably open shower, because it is in a room already. A good one to use is:Hugelunatic's Backless Shower (The one with no doors at all)
- a Hidden Trigger
- A Fog Emitter

Which looks like this:

Good Things to Know

- tce: testingcheatsenabled true/false
- buydebug (must have tce activated for use): opens up hidden items.

How To Do It

1. Set up a room to place your steam shower, preferably 3x2 with a glass door.

Subsection:Accesing buydebug
1. Activate tce
2. Open the cheat box again, then type in "buydebug"
3.This will open a hidden section in the sections folder, click on it.
4. You will see 5 sections within this folder, click on the first one(World Adventures) to find your hidden trigger, and place it (MUST HAVE WA), then click on the last one(Misc. Items) and scroll until you find the fog emitter, which looks like a large blue-green orb, and place it.

2. Place the trigger, the shower, and fog emitter in the room.

Note: The silver object on the left hand side of the room is the trigger, it is gold in game, but it is recolorable.

3. In the above picture the the trigger and the fog emitter are already connected, but you would connect them just like in this article: Carl Sims 3 Guide: Building a Tomb

SubSection:Setting up the trigger

1. Activate TCE
2.Shift-Click on the fog emitter and select "Add the ability to have activated behaviors"
3. Shift-Click on the Hidden Lever and Select "Link Triggers" then select "the option "Hidden Lever" or something along those lines, because after all there is only one.
4. Shift-Click on the Fog Emitter and click "Link to Activated Behaviors" and then select "Toggle"
5. Your Switch is now set up!

4.Ctrl-Shift click on the fog emitter (you have to have tce activated for this) and set the visual effect to: ep2SpiritFog

5. Now your steam shower is all set! Note: When you first enter the lot the fog emitter will be turned on, just inspect the hidden trigger to turn it off. When you use the shower to get the effect of steam, just inspect the switch to turn the emitter on and then take a shower. Don't forget to turn it off, it wastes electricity

The Final Product

The fog is visible and you will be able to tell the difference when you turn it on.

Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather.

GTA V
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#2 Old 13th Feb 2012 at 8:22 AM
And you need WA right? (for the trigger?)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3 Old 13th Feb 2012 at 3:27 PM
Hey Riptide651, great idea! Could you include the information about how to set the trigger though? From what you have written it will not be very clear to people not familiar with setting tomb triggers.

Perhaps you could show how to get into buydebug and step-by-step how to set the trigger?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Feb 2012 at 4:36 PM Last edited by Riptide651 : 13th Feb 2012 at 4:48 PM.
Yeah of course You need WA

Tutorial more comprehensive now.

GTA V
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 13th Feb 2012 at 5:49 PM
Okay, I think you need to look at it that to make a good tutorial you have to assume that your reader knows nothing.

So, I understand what 'tce' is but others may not. And the hidden lever- where is it in the picture? What does it look like in the catalog? 'Something along those lines' needs to be clarified, really.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 13th Feb 2012 at 7:54 PM
Fixed, notes added

GTA V