Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Apr 2006 at 5:07 AM Last edited by PandaWithAKimono : 15th Apr 2006 at 5:08 AM. Reason: mispelling
Yet, another cry for help
Ok... PLEASE....I mean, PLEASE... someone help with this. I swear I saw the answer for this earlier, but seems I can't find the thread again so I shall ask... hopefully I don't piss anyone off >.<;; (I'm new by the by, hello :3)

Anyway.... ok... I dl a mesh for a dress and for these elf ears (along with their coloring), I haven't gone onto the game to see if they're there yet, but I want to know if there's anything I need to do to get the ears and the dress into the game, or if they were automatically put into the game when I uploaded them? I'd check, but SIMS2 loads extremely slow on my computer and it would take about 15 or 20 minutes to get in, check and come back to ask for help.

So is there something I have to do to the files to get them into the game??

Also... does anyone have a link to a grey skin color where I can ACTUALLY get the mesh for it?? I've been looking for hours and when I find the perfect ones click on the link for the mesh, it takes me somewhere else or I just can't find the mesh on the page it sent me too. Really frustrating...sorry if I'm completely missing the obvious, I just REALLY want that skin color. So if anyone can help, please?

Thankies :sadpanda: (<< sorry, just love pandas )
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 15th Apr 2006 at 5:17 AM
Well, you can check that in Bodyshop.
Exactly what skin are you talking about?

"It's not true that life is one damn thing after another; it is one damn thing over and over"
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Apr 2006 at 5:19 AM
Arg.... then it means they aren't in the game yet... I didn't see them in body shop >.<

Soo... how do I get them into the game?
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 15th Apr 2006 at 5:21 AM
You unzip them and put them in your downloads folder.

"It's not true that life is one damn thing after another; it is one damn thing over and over"
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Apr 2006 at 5:29 AM
Well that's what I mean though, how do I unzip them? I already.... ah this is bad x_o my brain has endured too much trying to understand in one day e_e

Ok well.... I didn't see the dress in there so I assume the ears arent there either. How...unzip?... v.v
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th Apr 2006 at 5:49 AM
Wait... what if it's a rar file?

What do I do then?
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 15th Apr 2006 at 5:49 AM
First download a program that deals with these files, I recommend WinZip. Then get it installed. then if its WinZIP then right click on the zipped file you should have the option Extract Here click on it and you'll have the package files put those in your downloads folder.
Here's the link.
http://www.winzip.com/ WinZIP deals with zip files and rar's

And don't worry you don't have to buy it!

Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 15th Apr 2006 at 6:03 AM
Aww... but.. I.. dl WinRAR and it said it delt with zip files too... Or I read wrong.

It's just, I don't think the files are zipped. The icons are supposed to look like zipped up folders if they're zipped right? My icons look like a bound up pile of books... I don't unzip then do I?

That's why I'm confused >.<
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 15th Apr 2006 at 6:03 AM
I'm sorry If I'm being really stupid with this and frustrating x_o really I am.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 15th Apr 2006 at 6:11 AM
It's ok, I've been confused too when I first started downloading.
Now what you have is rar files you have to unzip them too, WinZIP is good for those too.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 15th Apr 2006 at 6:11 AM
Ahh I don't understand this T__T

I dl a pair of horns, and.... they're there when I make my sim, but when I click the option... the horns don't ....appear. And I only wanted to DL the horns from the file I found, but it dl the horns, the guys sim skin color, eyes, wings... and clothes x_o I don't get it!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 15th Apr 2006 at 6:12 AM
This is what I do.

- Create a folder on my desktop called "TS2 CC"

- When I download custom content I save everything to that folder.

- I open the folder, highlight everything in the folder and right click on a package and select extract here.

- I then open my downloads folder and drag and drop the extracted packages
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 15th Apr 2006 at 6:13 AM
Wait... but if I already have Winrar, shouldn't I be able to fix the problem with WinRAR instead of having to upload winzip?

Or should I un-install WinRAR and use Winzip?

And...(sorry again) even if I do install Winzip...what do I do with the files after that?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 15th Apr 2006 at 6:14 AM
"highlight everything in the folder and right click on a package"

What do you mean right click on a package?
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 15th Apr 2006 at 6:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PandaWithAKimono
Ahh I don't understand this T__T

I dl a pair of horns, and.... they're there when I make my sim, but when I click the option... the horns don't ....appear. And I only wanted to DL the horns from the file I found, but it dl the horns, the guys sim skin color, eyes, wings... and clothes x_o I don't get it!

you might need a mesh for the horns
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 15th Apr 2006 at 6:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Goldyn Chyld
This is what I do.

- Create a folder on my desktop called "TS2 CC"

- When I download custom content I save everything to that folder.

- I open the folder, highlight everything in the folder and right click on a package and select extract here.

- I then open my downloads folder and drag and drop the extracted packages

Thanks I've thinking about how to explain it better, you beat me to it .
Thats what i do too.

Lab Assistant
#17 Old 15th Apr 2006 at 6:19 AM
Quote:
What do you mean right click on a package?

I mean "the pile of books".
After you've highlighted everything you want to extract, just right click on the highlighted area and you should have an option to "extract here" and everything in the packages will be extracted in the same folder so you can just drag and drop, then delete the packaged files.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 15th Apr 2006 at 6:20 AM
Keep WinRAR it works for both zip files and rar files.
Then do as Goldyn Chyld suggested. But don't right click on package files only on zip's and rar's.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 15th Apr 2006 at 6:21 AM
I dl the horns from here though, and doesnt it usually tell you if you need a mesh for it or not? Coulda missed it >.<

Oh ok, Ill try that right now, hopefully it works.... please dont leave incase it fails me again >.> all this is driving me just a wee bit insane :3
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 15th Apr 2006 at 6:24 AM
Don't worry, VkToriA and I are here to help :nod:
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 15th Apr 2006 at 6:25 AM
Ah! Ok... extracted. They still look like piles of books... are they supposed to? There's extra files there now though.... That look like pages with mini desktops in the middle...

I have alot of those... do I put THOSE into the downloads file for the game?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 15th Apr 2006 at 6:26 AM
>w< Yesh, thank you so much you guys.... I know I'm all incrediably stupid x_o I just never usually mess around with... winzip...didnt even know WinRAR existed.... and I'm extremely knew to dl the SIMS stuff, so I GREATLY GREATLY appreciate all the help. Really really :3
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 15th Apr 2006 at 6:27 AM
Absolutely!
If you could give me a link to those horns I could see if they do need a mesh.

Lab Assistant
#24 Old 15th Apr 2006 at 6:28 AM Last edited by Goldyn Chyld : 15th Apr 2006 at 6:30 AM. Reason: adding to post
Quote: Originally posted by PandaWithAKimono
Ah! Ok... extracted. They still look like piles of books... are they supposed to? There's extra files there now though.... That look like pages with mini desktops in the middle...

I have alot of those... do I put THOSE into the downloads file for the game?

The little piles of books will remain until you delete them. The extra files that look like pages are the ones you put in your downloads folder.

If these are the horns they need a mesh
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...highlight=horns
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 15th Apr 2006 at 6:29 AM
Damn... I don't think I saved it... let me see if I can find it.
Page 1 of 3