Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 10:52 PM
Default "Core" problem
I'd like to install Awesomemod, or jonha-slider-hack or other hack whit permit to increase the slider's nomber in CAS, but each time I install one of them my game freeze !!! I've read it's certainly because I've another core in may game, but I don't find any other in my package folder (even if the name of custom content is not really clear all the time). Is there an other core in the game forlder I have to delete ? in which folder ?
I don't understand nothing in "core"...

PS : if this post is not in good forum you could move it to another good one ; I didn't know where to post this...

Créa Sims 3

If you find I'm talking strange, don't forget I'm frenchy ... ;o)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 14th Jan 2010 at 1:01 AM
There are actually three (maybe more) possible reasons why the game freezes on load.

The first, as you mentioned is a possible conflict with another core mod. Usually though, when core mods conflict the game will still load as one core mod will usually be picked over the other. But if you are concerned with conflicting core mods, you can try the Indie Stone compatibility checker (search the downloads section for it). It will detect any mods that contain a script (core mods, script-objects, and inject scripts). Then once you have a list of the script mods, you can check those for conflicts.

Another common issue where it freezes while loading with core mods loaded, is a missing d3dx9_31.dll file. Check this wiki article here to make sure that you have it.

The third possible issue, is an incompatible version. Often, core mods are built for specific game updates and if your game version does not match, it will freeze during load. To check the game version, open the launcher and look in the lower left corner. To check a core mod's version, carefully read the post/download info. Core mods built for 1.8, will not work for any earlier game version.

But going O/T: Does anyone know if there is mod checker tool more up to date than IndieStone? I keep recommending it, but it has become dated with advances in scripting methods.