Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 3:35 PM
Default editting of any char after it is created----
I swear I think the sims4 developers are really trying hard to kill this game. I just found out this morning that I cannot edit my own chars that I created. Apparently once you starrt playing them, EA will not allow you to alter them.. This is totally unacceptable. Sims 4 is NOT.. I repeat NOT an MMO... It is a privately owned game that has some hooks into a global community. Therefore.. EA is not allowed to tell me how I can play my game. I really do not want to get out my builders tools and start hacking away at the sims 4 code. From what I have seen, I can tell there is a package editor available for sims 4.

I would think that I am not the only player that has a problem with these latest events. To me, my chars come to life once I create them and they begin living. I need to be able to edit my chars Soo.. maybe one of the MTS modders can create a simple mod that allows the editting of chars once they have been created. I am sure it is just a test that is performed just before you enter the editting object. It should not be hard to walk around that code in the package.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 4:37 PM
Have you tried the mirror, and selected Change Sim?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 4:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kasmar45
I swear I think the sims4 developers are really trying hard to kill this game. I just found out this morning that I cannot edit my own chars that I created. Apparently once you starrt playing them, EA will not allow you to alter them.. This is totally unacceptable. Sims 4 is NOT.. I repeat NOT an MMO... It is a privately owned game that has some hooks into a global community. Therefore.. EA is not allowed to tell me how I can play my game. I really do not want to get out my builders tools and start hacking away at the sims 4 code. From what I have seen, I can tell there is a package editor available for sims 4.

I would think that I am not the only player that has a problem with these latest events. To me, my chars come to life once I create them and they begin living. I need to be able to edit my chars Soo.. maybe one of the MTS modders can create a simple mod that allows the editting of chars once they have been created. I am sure it is just a test that is performed just before you enter the editting object. It should not be hard to walk around that code in the package.

I am going to back off this post just a bit. I hesitate to post this, in case EA monitors these forums. In fact, I am not going to post the method used to edit premade chars. I still think we need a mod to allow us to do this.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 5:01 PM
You can edit sims' clothes and hair with a mirror.

If you want to edit a sim with the full CAS, all you need is a cheat that's pre-built into the game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdbN7yDgvXM (one of the many videos on Youtube showing how).

There's also this mod: http://modthesims.info/d/589519 (I haven't tried it - may be outdated for all I know).

If you already know this method, and you're describing an issue/bug with the cheat, EA may be working on it already.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 5:44 PM
I am going to back off this post just a bit. I hesitate to post this, in case EA monitors these forums. In fact, I am not going to post the method used to edit premade chars. I still think we need a mod to allow us to do this.

Get a program called MCcommand, it allows you to edit ANY sim in the game. It's really easy to do with cheats also.
Instructor
#6 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 7:35 PM
Problem?
Quote: Originally posted by Bur1440
Get a program called MCcommand, it allows you to edit ANY sim in the game. It's really easy to do with cheats also.

Yeah, this mod works fine. I don't know what the problem is. This has always been the way it is and it's pretty easy to get around.
Smeg Head
#7 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 8:08 PM
And even without using any helpful mods to edit premade sims, just save them to your Library, delete existing ones, then move in the saved versions - game allows player to fully edit them in Cas before moving them (back) into world. Yes, they start again a new sim family, but if you're also starting a new world at the same time then that really doesn't matter.

Alternatively, enter cheat "cas.fulleditmode" and you can alter everything about a premade sim except their family relationships, such as mother-daughter. That's the only thing off limits using the cheat code. Use the save-delete-replace family method above to alter family ties because even the almighty MC Command Centre is not set up to allow altering family ties and specific relationship "bits," other than removing them outright.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Scholar
#8 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 8:14 PM
I edit my own "chars" all the time... well, at least the early ones that I wasn't quite satisfied with...
Theorist
#9 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 8:24 PM Last edited by ShigemiNotoge : 21st Sep 2017 at 2:27 AM.
O.O;; This is the angriest post I have ever seen over a non-existent issue. Why didn't OP just google "Sims 4 cheat codes"? Like, really?

Ctrl+Shift+C
"testingcheats on"
"cas.fulleditmode"
*Shift+right click sim*
>edit in CAS

Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
Alternatively, enter cheat "cas.fulleditmode" and you can alter everything about a premade sim except their family relationships, such as mother-daughter. That's the only thing off limits using the cheat code. Use the save-delete-replace family method above to alter family ties because even the almighty MC Command Centre is not set up to allow altering family ties and specific relationship "bits," other than removing them outright

A cool tip, In my experience if you age a child up to, or past the same age as a parent it will breaks said existing family ties, works wtih ageing parents down and back up, too.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 11:11 PM

First off, I want to thank everyone for all their suggestions. It is refreshing to see a community that is serious about helping other members. I have been playing sims since sims 2. I still play sims 3 quite a bit. I am able to do most of my own modding for the way I want my game to work in sims 3. The great thing about playing the sims is everyone plays the game a little bit different. The main way I play my game is, I only play one household. I like watch the AI work and watch how the families change based on how you set up their environment. Thus the reason I need to change my sims now and again. I change their traits quite often, which is why I need to be able to change my sims.

And then there are the creators. They are amazing sometimes with the way they can make things happen with their mods.

And the builders. I don't know how they do it, but it is a beautiful to watch a good builder. I watched a builder named 'steadfst' this morn. It was like magic .. I tried to build, but it does not work for me.. ha ha.

So, thank you again for all your suggestions. By the way,, CAS.fulleditmode does not seem to work anymore.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 21st Sep 2017 at 12:48 AM
CAS.fulleditmode does not seem to work anymore.
I literally just used it. It works! Not sure why you can't get it to work. Right before trying it did you put in "testingcheats on"? Even if that was put in before, I often have to put it in right before using the cas cheat. Then shift click on the desired Sim?

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Scholar
#12 Old 21st Sep 2017 at 5:35 AM

So, thank you again for all your suggestions. By the way,, CAS.fulleditmode does not seem to work anymore.

I mean... if its not working for you, there's gotta be some issue with your game. You could try doing a repair of the game (in origin) or resetting your folder.
Test Subject
#13 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 3:40 PM
cas.fulleditmode does work - I used it the other day and then just downloaded the cas.fulleditmode always on mod from TwistedMexi. I believe you can get it here - and I suspect that link further up the thread will take you to it. It works a charm and my game is fully up-to-date.