Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 9:01 PM
do uploads get rejected a lot?
I did all the proper credit stuff but I feel like the system might be unfair to me.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 9:11 PM
Mad Poster
#3 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 9:14 PM
Never been an upload moderator, so can't say for certain, but as a creator it took me a while to understand the upload system and to learn to make things that were good enough to upload. Moderators aren't personally out to get anyone, they are just doing the job set by the rules MTS have decided to use. I know first hand they do their best to help anyone that wants to upload, and if you keep an open mind and listen they can help you become a great creator.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 9:28 PM
Trust me, dear, it's not. And everybody gets rejected once in awhile.

A mod can tell you more precisely, but I'm pretty sure that most "rejections" here aren't rejections, but requests for revisions - often not even of the submission, but of its presentation. Go over your rejection again, noting the real points made, not your emotional reaction to them. Do they want bigger, clearer pictures? Plenty of free software, and tutorials on using them, out there. When I had to redo a submission (a mighty big one, too; an inhabited neighborhood) based on the quality of my pictures, I learned a lot about taking pictures, so the rejection benefited me as well as the people who'd be looking at the download thread to see if they wanted it.

If they've asked for changes to the actual upload, look them over. Do any of these requests render the upload too different from your original vision to be even considered? If so, there's other places to upload it. If not, give them a try. It's your work and you're the final arbiter of it, but believe you me, most things can be improved with a little editorial input. If you don't know how to do what they want - you can learn. It won't even be that hard once you knuckle down to it. Every one of my uploads that was rejected the first time was accepted after a reworking, and is all the better for it. I bet most of the creators on this site could tell you the same. Did you not quite understand the guidelines? Ask the mods for clarification. We have a lot of English-as-second-or-third language people on here, and even the English speakers come from widely different parts of the world - you wouldn't be the first one to misread a guideline or have trouble grasping the sense of a criticism.

We have a Creator Feedback Forum here, in which you can post pictures of your creation (sometimes even attaching a copy of the file) and ask for input. Most people (many of whom are the same mods as are responsible for vetting submissions) who hang out there are helpful and generous, because what goes around comes around and we all will need critiques at some point. Experienced builders, meshers, recolorers, modders, etc. have all been where you are now and know what it's like, and they are worth listening to. Even when they're wrong, because sometimes all you need is somebody making a suggestion that's just wrong enough that you can suddenly see for yourself what needs to be done.

It's important, when doing creative work, to separate the work from your ego before trying to market it. You're the only one who could make it, but you're also so close to it that you don't always see the flaws, and even if you can, may not know what to do about them. It's easy to feel that a rejection of the work is a rejection of you - but it's not. Truly. And you can't afford to waste time being aggrieved about it - you have work to turn into the best work you can do, and to present in the most attractive form, so other people can enjoy it. So take what you need from a critique, leave the rest, and learn from the experience.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#5 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 9:51 PM
Before trying to upload, start a thread in the Creator Feedback Forum (that's the right version for Sims 2 creations) and pay attention to the advice you get there. Before I submitted my one upload to date, I ran such a thread. Among those who gave me useful advice was Karen Lorraine. I made a lot of detail changes to my lot at that stage, reflecting suggestions that Karen and other members made. But in essentials the lot remained as I at first conceived: a two storey house on a 1x2 footprint, able to sleep up to 7 Sims for under §20,000. When I finally submitted it to the queue, it was Karen who assessed it, and she passed it quite quickly. (Thanks Karen!) I'm sure the time I spent in Creator Feedback was well worth it!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#6 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 9:54 PM
Have you submitted more than 1 upload? I ask because the only thing I see is a hair recolor that was submitted earlier today. It does take some time for an upload to go through the queue. If you have had prior rejections and I just didn't see them, there are always reasons why something was rejected - so you'll know why. If you've gotten a Changes Required, that's not a rejection. That would be us telling you that there are some changes to be made before we can approve an upload and the things that need worked on are noted.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 9:55 PM
It's in the queue as we speak.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 11:04 PM
@dragonvampirewoman post in creator issues and we will give you help with the pictures. Getting a changes required is not a reject.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#9 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 4:06 PM
I've had several uploads given changes required, but there was only one that I couldn't make the changes to and get accepted.
Theorist
#10 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 10:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dragonvampirewoman
I did all the proper credit stuff but I feel like the system might be unfair to me.

Don't get discouraged by having to make changes to an upload...it happens. So, don't feel singled out.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Scholar
#11 Old 22nd Sep 2017 at 5:41 PM
I gave up. At least for houses, the requirements are too much for what I have time for.

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 7:06 PM
I actually thought that the moderators accept pretty much everything at first. I'm not good at making CC, but I once uploaded an outfit I was very proud of and was convinced that it would be on this site immediately. It got rejected and after seeing how many requirements they have, I just made a tumblr account and uploaded my stuff there. But I mean, it's actually a good thing that they go through everything and see if it's good enough. But some people, like me, are just not talented and patient enough for this :D
Mad Poster
#13 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 7:47 PM
Talent is only an actively applied interest, and in the absence of a brain disorder patience is a choice.

The requirements are mostly about presentation, so that downloaders can actually know what they're getting (as opposed to those artsy/lazy preview shots that only show part of an outfit, the street view of a lot, or the front of a hairstyle), and learning how to conform to them will only benefit you and your work. But of course nobody has to learn who doesn't want to.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 10:50 PM
The requirements are really not that harsh. For houses, build an interesting realistic house. (or it could also be fantasy based like a space ship) Take decent sized at least 800 by 600 pictures with a front shot and floor plans. That is it really. For clothes, it needs to have shading and edging and again nice large clear pictures taken in game. We have numerous forums to get help with creating such as the Creator Feedback forum, Creator Issues as well as modding and building forums but frequently they don't get used. Once you know the requirements for your 'area' and have uploaded 10 items you get bypass and can upload directly. Those still get checked but not rubriced like when you send to the queue. You still can use your bypass if you jump to another area, I jumped from lots to sims and used my bypass (even us queue mods get our uploads checked ) if you do you might want to use the queue but again you don't have to if you feel confident in the new area or ask first. I asked in discord but CFF is a great but way underused forum. Again I have used it myself numerous times over the years, nothing wrong in asking for opinions.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#15 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 4:51 PM
I'm quite glad that the standards for MTS are as high as they are, because it means you can trust the downloads you get from here. I've got a bunch of stuff that's come from everywhere and half of it is irritatingly mis-categorised, poorly constructed, or simply hard to find and use.

Asking for a bit of structure in presentation and construction means that downloaders can download without worrying about whether said piece of cc is going to look the way it does on the tin. So many creators tend not to post detailed descriptions or functional images instead of the super pretty overexposed / photoshop edited ones, it can be nice to know <precisely> what it is that you're getting. I love tumblr as a resource for cc, but I am very wary when downloading there for exactly the reasons Jezz stated.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 4:55 PM
Agree. I usually get a couple of changes requested but nothing huge and it's always doable, even if it's a pain.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#17 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 6:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LEONGenesis
I'm quite glad that the standards for MTS are as high as they are, because it means you can trust the downloads you get from here.

Might be true, as long as you look for stuff uploaded after 2006..as frankly, you get to wonder why O why..*that* got featured. But hey, I also understand it was a big thing back then. Quality depends on your own standards. I'm difficult, I guess.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#18 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 8:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Might be true, as long as you look for stuff uploaded after 2006..as frankly, you get to wonder why O why..*that* got featured. But hey, I also understand it was a big thing back then. Quality depends on your own standards. I'm difficult, I guess.

Back in the early days a skirt recolour was like 'wooooooooooo' and anything that did something unusual was out of the park.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#19 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 9:08 PM
I totally agree! It was a big thing...

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Scholar
#20 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 11:46 PM
The modding community has learned a lot since the early days of going through the unchartered jungle with a machete. Nowadays, modders walk through the clearings cut by their bold forebears (or in some cases, their bold younger selves) and are able to focus on areas we don't yet know a lot about (or on improving standards and/or variety in areas already known about but still desired in the game).
Mad Poster
#21 Old 28th Sep 2017 at 11:28 AM
Thee's actually a term for that: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stand...lders_of_giants

Quote:
The metaphor of dwarfs standing on the shoulders of giants (Latin: nanos gigantum humeris insidentes) expresses the meaning of "discovering truth by building on previous discoveries".[1] This concept has been traced to the 12th century, attributed to Bernard of Chartres. Its most familiar expression in English is by Isaac Newton in 1675: "If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."[2]

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 28th Sep 2017 at 10:37 PM
I'm not a creator but I've tried submitting things before... 100% of the time the problem lies within lol...

"'Why is Shinji blushing over everything Kaworu does,' you ask? He's gay..... gay gay gay gay gay" -Actual Kaworu