Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 2:03 PM
Default I'm new to photoshopping, really struggling
I've never created my own CC before but I have a week's free trial of photoshop so I'm giving it a go. I know how to do the basic 'Get a mesh from bodyshop, upload it to photoshop, play with Hue/Saturation and save so it can be loaded into the game' thing, but that's not really useful for me as I'm wanting to add patterns. I know there are tutorials on here but they're so wildly out of date they're confusing me more than ever. Anyway, I'm trying to follow this Youtube tutorial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AulxkPGvt1s&t=104s

I've tried repeatedly but for some reason whenever I go back to bodyshop and refresh the model to see how it looks, I just get 'The custom content could not be imported. please make sure the files are in the proper location and in the correct format'. Well I'm saving them just the way I do with a plain recolour and they show up ok. What could I be doing wrong?
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 10:12 PM
The usual causes of that issue are that your new texture image is either a different shape from the original (it has to be square and the dimensions must be a power of 2 - 256, 512, 1024, 2048 etc.), or the filetype is wrong (your texture should be a BMP). If it's neither of those things, make sure your alpha texture is still the same size as your main texture, and that you don't have either image open in any other programs when you try to import to Bodyshop.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 6:58 PM
My guess is that, when you followed the tutorial and went to save your texture, you saved it in PSD format instead of BMP. (PSD is the Photoshop format that saves layers. I believe it's the default for saving, so if you didn't actually change it when you went to save, you may have ended up with the wrong file format.)