Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jan 2017 at 6:46 AM
Default Bodyshop destroying shine
Hi: I am having some problem with bodyshop . I wanted to make an outfit shiny both on the oufit and the leg covering so I followed this great tutorial here: Here . As I tried making a recolor,after exporting, all the shine disappears even though the project has two EnvCub which were created in simpe. I tried importing the shinny outfit's textures on to the new project after importing it into saved sim folder yet nada. Can someone tell me where is the problem or how it is fixable. I have tried recoloring maxis shinny outfit and same thing after export,there goes all the nice shine.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#2 Old 31st Jan 2017 at 9:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by telefen
Hi: I am having some problem with bodyshop . I wanted to make an outfit shiny both on the oufit and the leg covering so I followed this great tutorial here: Here . As I tried making a recolor,after exporting, all the shine disappears even though the project has two EnvCub which were created in simpe. I tried importing the shinny outfit's textures on to the new project after importing it into saved sim folder yet nada. Can someone tell me where is the problem or how it is fixable. I have tried recoloring maxis shinny outfit and same thing after export,there goes all the nice shine.
Ok since nobody could answer my question,I suppose nobody knows. Here is the deal: In order to make the tights look shiny, I had to split the body mesh and from where the tights on the waist line start to all the way down to the shoes, I called tights and in material def they are SimStandardMaterial in order to show shine.. I followed the mentioned tutorial untill it said to make a recolor and as i exported the recolor. it lost all the shine. That happens even when I make a recolor of maxis shinny outfits,don't know why?. I thought about it before I fell asleep and came up with a functioning workaround with great result.

Here is how you do: After you make a recolor of the shinny outfit,just import it without shine into savedsims folder.
2: open it up in SimPE and restor all the material defs and properties to the state it was before applying shine specifications and save.
3: open bodyshop and make a recolor of that and import into savedsims folder.
4: open SimPE and new file.Here open the last recolor and then follow the instruction in the mentioned tutorial up to the last change made in properties and save.
5:open the bodyshop and valla there's you shinny outfit. You can rename it and put it together with you mesh.
OBS! anything you want to make shinny has to have SimStandardMaterial otherwise it won't work properly. I n my case I called the legs *tights*, and changed the material from simskin to simStandardMaterial. This method is quite time consuming but there is no choice and in return you get a lot smaller file size.
Screenshots