Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th May 2014 at 10:27 AM
Default Doctor Who Regeneration Challenge
Your goal is for your Doctor sim to get to the Twelfth regeneration.

YOU MUST HAVE SOME BASIC KNOWLEDGE OF THE WHONIVERSE!
Mostly who the Doctors and companions are, and the Doctor’s regenerations in order.

You may start with either the First, Eighth, or Ninth Doctor.
Starting with the First is recommended for those who have knowledge of both Classic and NuWho.
Starting with the Eighth is recommended for those who have knowledge of the TV movie and NuWho only.
Starting with the Ninth is recommended with those who have knowledge of NuWho only.

Or if you want, you can play an ‘alternate’ Doctor and make the Doctor and companions be and look like whatever you wish!

REQUIREMENTS
Master Controller
Unseen TARDIS Lot
Flying TARDIS

WA, AMB, LN, GEN, SEASONS

SETUP: CAS
All sims you create in CAS (Doctors/Companions) must start off as Adults or Young Adults.
Create the Doctor and at least one companion.
They may have any traits/favorites/sign/LTW but try to make them as close to the actual character as possible.

SETUP: LOT
Place the Unseen TARDIS lot in the world you’ll be using (Evansdale County recommended)
Move the Doctor and his companion(s) in. You’ll need to use cheats to get enough $$$ for the lot.
Place the Flying TARDIS in your Doctor sim’s inventory.

SETUP: RELATIONS
Make sure your sims’ have the right family ties via Master Controller.
(Susan is the Doctor’s granddaughter but set him as her father for this if you use her, and make Amy and Rory the parents of River if you get to the Eleventh Doctor)

RELATIONSHIPS/CHILDREN
As far as relationships and children go, nothing has to be accurate to the TV show!
Doctor/Companion and Companion/Companion relationships are encouraged for more entertaining gameplay.
If your companion has a child you may raise them as normal. The Doctor is allowed to have children.

REGENERATION
Eventually when it’s the Doctor’s birthday, it’s time to regenerate him!
Edit your Doctor in CAS via Master Controller and either edit him or use another sim from the sim bin while in CAS to replace his old look completely.
You may change his traits/favorites/sign as well, but keep his LTW unless you have already completed it.
If you’ve completed his LTW you may choose another.
Once done editing, use Master Controller to restart his aging bar.
(use Age: Absolute and change the number to 0)

NEW COMPANIONS
After the Doctor is regenerated you will want to say goodbye to his old companions.
Move them out or kill them. If there are children they must go as well.
Now it’s time to go into CAS and create at least one new companion for the newly regenerated Doctor.
Move them into the Doctor’s household.

Play the cycle over and over until you get to the Twelfth regeneration. Once the Twelfth Doctor’s birthday arrives, the game is complete. If by any chance your Doctor sim dies during the challenge, then you have failed.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 12th May 2014 at 2:01 PM
OMGOMGOMG!!! I love this challenge! You mixed my two favourite things in the world into something completely AMAZING! Thank you so much, I cant wait to play this challenge!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 18th Jul 2014 at 10:45 PM
Good, But the only thing I disagree with is killing or kicking out the companions when he regenerates.... Didn't the Ninth doctor keep Rose when he turned into the 10th? I mean, even the first doctor had Ben Jackson, and he went from the 1st to the 2nd doctor. What About Sara Jane Smith? She Lasted Two doctors, The Third doctor to the Fourth.. There's Nyssa, Tegan Jovanka and Adric From the Fourth to Fifth Doctor. The Fifth doctor carried Peri Brown over to the Sixth Doctor, The Sixth Doctor Carried Mel Bush Over to the 7th doctor, He however Carried no one over. And thus the cycle didn't start again until the ninth and tenth doctor's with Rose Tyler, Sara Jane Smith, and Jack Harkness. Then the Eleventh doctor had all new companion's, But carried Clara Oswald over to the newest doctor, The Twelfth doctor.

So.... Why do we have to kill them or kick them out? I mean, at the least have a 2-3 doctor limit?

I love the challenge however and in the future WILL give it a try, but sense I don't have the expansions I'l have to build my own Tardis, I can just use the Basement feature I think.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 20th Jul 2014 at 12:51 AM
Oh wow, I was going going to do something like this too! It would have been a little different (Create a man named the Doctor, and everytime he dies or grows up, he regenerates into a new doctor, use cheats to change their appearance, traits etc, until he reaches the 12th stage, if you make it that far you win, not sure what would have to happen in order to lose).

I might do this one though, although my own version perhaps.

My Sims 3 Random Legacy Challenge: The Amberstones
http://amberstonelegacy.blogspot.com.au/
Test Subject
#6 Old 20th Jul 2014 at 1:38 AM
I love love love this !!!!
Test Subject
#7 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 5:31 AM
Can you create your own companion
Test Subject
#9 Old 7th Aug 2014 at 12:28 AM
Thank you i love the custom items you made and i am going to try this
Test Subject
#10 Old 7th Oct 2014 at 2:40 AM
I am thinking of doing a challenge and my Whovian senses are all kinds of timey whimey right now!!!! <3 <3
Test Subject
#11 Old 10th Oct 2014 at 6:44 AM Last edited by Moondragon007 : 5th Feb 2015 at 8:00 AM.
Mwahahaha! Finally, a chance to make The Doctor female! And American! And add myself as the Snarky Companion.

One thing I disagree with - The Doctor should not have kids unless he (she) can find another Time Lord. Humans and Time Lords are not genetically compatible, and anyway The Doctor sees humans as adorable pets: fun to have around, but not appropriate as a mate.

How do you find another Time Lord? My idea is to have a trait that denotes a Time Lord, like say Eccentric. Every sim with Eccentric is a Time Lord. Also, I would do the regeneration like this -
1. The Doctor regenerates when his/her lifetime wish is fulfilled (like given in the original challenge).
2. Keep a death flower in The Doctor's inventory, and when the reaper comes in and takes it, that's when it's time to regenerate.
Test Subject
#12 Old 26th Apr 2015 at 9:59 AM
You can't download the flying TARDIS
Test Subject
#15 Old 2nd May 2015 at 7:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Meow-Meow-Belle
You can't download the flying TARDIS

Thank goodness for forwarded posts then. (the download still works)
http://thecleverlittlesparrow.tumbl...egacy-neko-sims
Test Subject
#16 Old 29th Aug 2017 at 11:50 PM
If you don't want to end the game at the 12th Doctor, just give him extra regenerations just like in the show.