Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 3:03 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Game crashes when Sims are shopping
I'm having an odd issue where my game randomly crashes whenever my sims go downtown or anywhere shopping or anywhere away from their house. I could be somewhere for 10 mins and then the game crashes. Sometimes just a minute. I tried looking for corrupted files and issues using the Download Organizer and got rid of a lot of stuff but it's still doing it. It's been years since I played the game to. The game never crashes when the sims are at home. Just when they are out on a Community Lot.

I'm running Ultimate Collection through Origin and my PC is a Windows 10 AMD A10 Quad Core Processor with 3.7 GHz processing speed and running on 16 GB of RAM.

I just want to know if anyone had encountered the same or similar issue to pinpoint what might be the cause.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 5:05 AM
Welcome back!

You got rid of a lot of stuff, but did you test your game without any user content? It's the first step to identify the source of the issue.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#3 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 5:15 AM
Just a few words...

4 GB patch.

I say that because you probably have too much content, and you can have a lot more if you have that patch.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 6:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gdayars
Just a few words...

4 GB patch.

I say that because you probably have too much content, and you can have a lot more if you have that patch.

Hi, where can I obtain this patch? And yes, I probably do got a ton of stuff I obtained from years in the past and porting from one computer to the next. I'll probably have to do that
Mad Poster
#5 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 10:51 AM
4 Gb patch is here. Run it on the executable that your game runs from. If your latest EP is Bon Voyage, you'd patch Sims2EP6.exe. If you have Mansion & Garden Stuff, you'd patch Sims2EP9.exe

http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php
Mad Poster
#6 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 4:28 PM
Just adding that for the Ultimate Collection, it is also Mansion&Garden Stuff.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 1:57 AM
Sorry for late reply. Broke my finger a few days ago. Thankfully its one that I don't need for typing or playing games with. I did a huge clean out of custom content that I collected over the years that I had no use for now and I refreshed a lot of stuff and added the 4GB patch. The game is running much smoothly and I can run around town without crashing. Until now it crashed but it might be a memory leak. I can live with it. Thanks for the help guys. I have another Help question but its something I can live with until I have the time to make the topic about. A simple stupid skin texture glitch quiestion. Another time. Thanks guys!