Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Sep 2017 at 4:28 AM Last edited by Kayleena : 13th Sep 2017 at 4:58 AM.
Still Looking! Mod to stop apartment neighbors from barging in
I've been all over Google and MTS - I don't understand why a mod hasn't been made to stop neighbors from coming into the apartment uninvited when you haven't given them a key. Is it not possible to create this mod, or am I just using the wrong keywords to search for it? All I find are many topics on many sites of people complaining about it, but no resolution.

Is there a mod for this out there? If so, does anyone know where it's hiding?

I know I can simply lock the door, but then I have to unlock it for expected visitors or NPCs such as the repair man. I'd rather not have to do this.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 10th Sep 2017 at 4:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kayleena
I've been all over Google and MTS - I don't understand why a mod hasn't been made to stop neighbors from coming into the apartment uninvited when you haven't given them a key. Is it not possible to create this mod, or am I just using the wrong keywords to search for it? All I find are many topics on many sites of people complaining about it, but no resolution.

Is there a mod for this out there? If so, does anyone know where it's hiding?

I know I can simply lock the door, but then I have to unlock it for expected visitors or NPCs such as the repair man. I'd rather not have to do this.

Here: http://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/mod...rossstadtleben/ - just scroll down to the one that's for "nouninvitedneighbourhangout". The site's in German, but she has an English translation description for each mod.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Sep 2017 at 10:45 PM
Thank you!

Unfortunately the mod doesn't seem to work. I installed it yesterday afternoon and played my game throughout the evening. My sims have moved into the penthouse in the fashion district. (I deleted literally every furnishing and decoration in order for them to afford it faster.) It was about 10pm in-game and I found a former neighbor (that neither of my sims even like) swimming in their pool. I considered drowning him, but instead made my sim ask him to leave.

I don't have anything that mod could conflict with, so I'm not sure why it's not working.
Scholar
#4 Old 12th Sep 2017 at 4:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kayleena
Thank you!

Unfortunately the mod doesn't seem to work. I installed it yesterday afternoon and played my game throughout the evening. My sims have moved into the penthouse in the fashion district. (I deleted literally every furnishing and decoration in order for them to afford it faster.) It was about 10pm in-game and I found a former neighbor (that neither of my sims even like) swimming in their pool. I considered drowning him, but instead made my sim ask him to leave.

I don't have anything that mod could conflict with, so I'm not sure why it's not working.

I don't know. Did the Sim have the Insane or Goofball trait? I ask because that's what her mod fixes and what seems to be the cause of the uninvited Sim barging in bug from what I've read. You're sure that Sim never had an apartment key? You might also lock your apartment door.
Inventor
#5 Old 12th Sep 2017 at 10:43 AM
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 4:57 AM Last edited by Kayleena : 15th Sep 2017 at 12:41 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by aparkison
I don't know. Did the Sim have the Insane or Goofball trait? I ask because that's what her mod fixes and what seems to be the cause of the uninvited Sim barging in bug from what I've read. You're sure that Sim never had an apartment key? You might also lock your apartment door.

These sims do not have those traits. I have seen others complaining about this that their sims also do not have those traits either, so I'm not sure it's only because of them. I believe it's not related to traits at all, because the notifications say things like "wow, had to squeeze through the door, thanks for letting me barge in". And only one sim has a key to the apartment. I do not want to have to lock and unlock the door for visitors I'm expecting, or for maids/repair people.

Quote: Originally posted by Anhaeyn
Also, you can try this mod: http://littlemssam.de/force-to-leav...or-interaction/

That's useful, but it's just the same as asking the sim to leave, although more instant. Most times I don't even realize these people are at my apartment until they've already entered. Sometimes the notification doesn't show up until later.
Smeg Head
#7 Old 17th Sep 2017 at 7:39 PM
Is it an apartment with neighbouring flats or a single penthouse? I've been working on a penthouse mod that's doing a good job so far of keeping unwanted non-key holders from turning up. I was going to look a neighbouring apartments next, as the few time I have played such lots I was surprised when an un-met, unknown neighbour just walked on in and sat on the bed for five minutes, then took themselves off again without saying a word to anyone. What the heck was that all about? More like a glitch than an actual interaction. But I'll probably get round to fixing it to match my penthouse version, preventing lots on unknown wandering oiks from loitering in the communal part of the penthouse like sad, lost puppies looking for a free meal. Get out of it! Geez, this game needs a proper police service!

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 12:37 AM
It's a single penthouse. Now I'm running into the vendors wanting to walk in for a visit as well. Their friendship bar is maybe, I don't know, at 10%. Is your mod currently ready for download, or are you still doing testing?