Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
#26 Old 8th Sep 2017 at 2:14 PM
Does it recognise hacks?

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#27 Old 8th Sep 2017 at 2:33 PM Last edited by GrijzePilion : 8th Sep 2017 at 2:46 PM.
It doesn't care how or where you got your TS1, as long as you have TS1.
Then again, TS1 is ancient and the only copy protection it has is a little registration code in the install wizard. And that registration code is probably the same for everyone, too.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Theorist
#28 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 12:14 AM
I mean gameplay hacks for Ts1.

#BlairWitchPetition
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#29 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 1:10 AM
Those would be?

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#30 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 10:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
Those would be?
What we call mods now was called hacks back then.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#31 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 11:31 AM
Okay, but...what mods would those be?
And yes indeed, it crashes too on my end. Always at Reticulating Splines.

insert signature here
Top Secret Researcher
#32 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 5:25 PM
I remember "rosebud," but that may be Mac-only.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#33 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 6:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
Okay, but...what mods would those be?
(...)
Everything that changes game behaviour, tuning mods, BHAV edits, new objects with NPCs, fixes for game issues - really everything you call a mod now would be a hack. It's just a name. The terminology must have changed some time between TS1 and TS2. A mod back then for me was short for module, not modification.

Elaborate hacks (mods) were weather by, I think, Simslice; mobile phones by some Chinese modder; vampires by a German creator and the obligatory adult mods. And the whole range of goodies offered by Simlogical, of course.
There were default replacements for existing game files and mods that went into Downloads, Objects or User Objects that added new things, animations or behaviours. I had a whole folder, for example, full of additional service NPCs - a leprechaun maid, a rabbit hunter, Claire the Bear as a DJ, the Grim Reaper as an espresso barista, a blaxploitation pimp as a new celebrity for Studio Town.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#34 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 7:15 PM
Damn, I never knew those existed. Mood boosters are as far as I've ever gone with modding TS1. I've heard of the Simlogical mods, but I've never bothered with them.
And rosebud isn't a mod or a hack, it's a cheat.

insert signature here
Top Secret Researcher
#35 Old 10th Sep 2017 at 4:55 PM
No needs for mods... the new integrated tool for making and handling objects, volcanic will allow everyone to mod and create new objects from scratch...

Including sprite and 3D graphics, animation states, dynamic sprites/objects, sims animations, sounds, acessory objects, editing and making of new BHAVs trough trees, new interactions and pie menus, spawning of new objects, NPC creation... all functions are in volcanic. I tried it and its the greatest thing that happened to The Sims original.

People can already start using it to make new custom objects and sims 1 mods
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#36 Old 10th Sep 2017 at 6:55 PM
I think I've said it before (I think): This is the greatest thing to happen to TS1 since TS1.

insert signature here
Top Secret Researcher
#37 Old 10th Sep 2017 at 7:10 PM
I'm having fun in 3D FreeSO tho...

(look at those broken generated punch bowls lol)
Inventor
#38 Old 10th Sep 2017 at 8:19 PM
The fact that it's even possible to generate 3D meshes from 2D isometric images (regarless of the results) is nothing short of amazing.
Top Secret Researcher
#39 Old 10th Sep 2017 at 8:38 PM
Yes.. people got amazed by it, and some of them (even some programmers) did not believe it. But it's logical, since sims sprites work a bit different than 2D prerendered image sprites...

As soon as I saw how the sprites work in volcanic, I understood it could be done in 3D someway. Rhys did it fantastically.
Instructor
#40 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 1:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
I haven't played the original "The Sims"

You weren't there, man. You weren't there...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#41 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 4:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Naus Allien
The fact that it's even possible to generate 3D meshes from 2D isometric images (regarless of the results) is nothing short of amazing.

Google's been doing it for a number of years now, with similar results. You'll know what I mean if you've zoomed in on a major, Western city in the last few years.

insert signature here
Theorist
#42 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 4:53 PM
Would be nice to see Ts1 3D objects converted to Ts3 or vice versa...

#BlairWitchPetition
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#43 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 5:21 PM
Sure, but both the sprites and the meshes generated from them would require serious, manual cleaning-up. Of course I've already had a look at a couple of those meshes, and I'm sure someone with better knowledge of Blender than me could make miracles happen.

insert signature here
Forum Resident
#44 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 9:34 PM
I'm actually really interested in this. I've always loved TS1, it'd be interesting to play it with it fully rendered in 3D.

The simmer formerly known as Averex
My Claim to Fame
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#45 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 9:47 PM
It's really quite like it's an entirely new game. That's the impression I've had from the time I've spent with it so far. It's still TS1, but it plays very differently. Perhaps first and foremost, it's easier to play and it feels much more modern...obivously.

insert signature here
Page 2 of 2