Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Aug 2017 at 6:47 AM
Default Hoodie taking on trouser texture
This hoodie is really annoying me because it keeps picking up the texture on the bottom of it of whatever trousers it's paired with rather than its own texture. I thought this happened when the alpha was too far down and clashed with the pants alpha, but I've looked at it and it doesn't seem to be the case (the square that is down the bottom doesn't seem to be used for any visible part) and cutting bits of the lower alpha out didn't fix it; it just removed the top texture.

Any help would be appreciated.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 25th Aug 2017 at 3:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
This hoodie is really annoying me because it keeps picking up the texture on the bottom of it of whatever trousers it's paired with rather than its own texture. I thought this happened when the alpha was too far down and clashed with the pants alpha, but I've looked at it and it doesn't seem to be the case (the square that is down the bottom doesn't seem to be used for any visible part) and cutting bits of the lower alpha out didn't fix it; it just removed the top texture.

Any help would be appreciated.

Did you check your scenegrapher ? I would have checked the TXMT references of the SHPE first.

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Aug 2017 at 3:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ankoyume
Did you check your scenegrapher ? I would have checked the TXMT references of the SHPE first.

I have no idea what a scenegrapher is. What does it do?
Field Researcher
#4 Old 25th Aug 2017 at 5:31 PM
It's one of the tool of SimPE : Tools/Object Tools/Scenegrapher.
Tutorial: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit..._the_Scenegraph
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#5 Old 25th Aug 2017 at 8:13 PM
The alphas are overlapping, and that's your problem. The easiest solution is just to tweak the UV map on the hoodie to bring the bottom up a bit, and then tweak the texture to match.
Screenshots

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 8:12 AM
Oh I see it now. Thanks everyone for all the help.