Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Sep 2016 at 9:21 PM
Default Trying to create a custom WELCOME screen
Hi,

I have already created a custom LOADING screen - works great and can easily be modified. Trouble is this needs to be in the MODs folder before you launch the game. It is displayed when the game loads NOT your selected World you want to play.

What I want to do is change the WELCOME screen - the one that displays after the LOADING screen - When the World your selected to play is loading.

What I want to do is create a WELCOME screen specific to the WORLD I've created. Most likely an override to be incorporated into the sim3pack generated from CAW. I have searched the forums and googled for any info on this to no avail for a long time. Finaly gave in and decided to post to this forum - the MOD EXPERTS - in hope that someone out here has tried this.

If I can copy the LighthouseFX from SV to my world and make custom objects - I have the tools and base knowledge. Just need the info on where, what, and how.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 26th Sep 2016 at 9:57 PM
I don't think it can be done as an image override- would probably need a game mod. See my post here:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...174#post3873174
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Sep 2016 at 9:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
I don't think it can be done as an image override- would probably need a game mod. See my post here:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...174#post3873174

OUCH!

So... unless I have a thorough understanding of EA and Sims3 file structures of the CORE game and databases, and can set up an executable self contained installer that can look for and insert the code in the proper locations in the correct format - it won't happen?

OUCH!

Well I got the last half of that, but I haven't much of a clue about the rest.
I guess that project will be dropped.

Thanks for your informative link/article - it clarified much.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 29th Sep 2016 at 12:22 PM
You'd just need to find out how to identify your world as having a specific welcome screen, as the EA worlds do, instead of being a generic custom world. Then make a mod to identify your world and load the custom image. That would mean that when you loaded your savegame for that world, the welcome screen would display the custom image.