Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1211
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 5 (Who?), Viewed: 1838 times.
Search this Thread
Old 27th Jul 2014, 6:01 AM Clean Installer won't open for some reason? #1
RionKatt
Original Poster

Test Subject

Like the title says. I just got Ultimate Collection from the thing EA's doing. My CC wouldn't show up and some of the solutions I've encountered all refer to this software. So I tried the latest version.

Won't open. I double click the desktop shortcut after installation, ran it as admin and even clean uninstalled/reinstalled it a couple times. The no-install version also doesn't work.

Maybe it's cause I have .Net 4.5.1? I know it says I need 2.0, but http://sims2pack.modthesims2.com/index.php?page=3 doesn't give me anything. It's just Microsoft saying that they have nothing.

I'm on Win7 Home, 64-Bit. Any ideas?
Old 27th Jul 2014, 10:10 PM #2
Mootilda
Site Helper

27 Achievements

View My Journal

Do you mean that the Clean Installer window doesn't show up on the screen? If that's not it, can you explain what you see? Do you see an error message?

Some screenshots might help if you're having problems describing things.
Last edited by Mootilda : 28th Jul 2014 at 3:49 PM.
Old 28th Jul 2014, 10:23 PM #3
RionKatt
Original Poster

Test Subject

Nevermind, I found a way to get my CC to show up without using Clean Installer.

But just to be helpful, this is what I'm getting every time I double click on Clean Installer.

Just straight up '.. has stopped working' and that's it.
Old 6th Aug 2014, 6:30 PM #4
Jendra
Test Subject

This is the same problem I have. I've uninstalled and reinstalled CI. When I install it, and it says to start it, I try and get that error message. When I try to open a sim2pack/lot I get that message. When I try to download a lot without CI installed I just get a screen of nonsense syllables.
Old 8th Feb 2015, 6:23 AM #5
AndromedaKerova
Test Subject

My problem is the program won't open at all. Doesn't show any error message or anything. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, rebooted, redownloaded and still nothing. It just won't even open at all.
Old 8th Feb 2015, 6:34 AM #6
joandsarah77
Needs Coffee

21 Achievements

View My Journal

Try running it as admin.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~

Section jump: