Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#76 Old 27th Nov 2007 at 3:06 AM
Yes la_exotique - if you also use simpe. There's a tutorial about that on site...
did you see this?

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=235050

Also dark skintones seem to require a touch more 'noise' than others

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 27th Nov 2007 at 4:40 PM
Thank you tiggerypum, i googled and searched for hours but sometimes you get lost, fustrated, and maybe naked laying next to a hobo in confusion, especially among many topics.

<3
Test Subject
#78 Old 9th Dec 2007 at 5:59 PM
Default Help?
Quote: Originally posted by Enayla
Hi guys.

I work part time as a Photoshop teacher. I've used the program for some 8+ years, and I know most of its ins and outs. If there's anything you're wondering about, I might be able to help you out.

For now, though, I'm going to give you a tip – if you want to learn a nice, clean way of making selections, it would be quick masks. In my opinion the best tool that Photoshop has for creating selections. Instead of that tedious lasso tool, you can actually 'paint' the stuff that you want to select, and erase what you don't. While in the quick mask mode, you can do sweet things like blurring the selection, smudging it, erasing or editing parts or making it more transparent. It's unbeatable.

Another thing I'd like to point out, in case someone hadn't noticed it before, is the colour picker. With this nifty little tool, you can pick up any colour you have previously set down in a painting. Or in the case of editing a photo, you can pick any colour from the photo. Not only is this an excellent way of keeping the right colours when you want, but you also have the benefit of being able to examine what colours you are actually using. See, sometimes when you think you are painting in blue, you are actually painting in grey - it only looks blue because of the surrounding colours. All of this the colour picker helps you with. It's also available from any painting tool, or filling tool, by pressing the alt key and then clicking the colour. Nifty, huh?

I have taken some pics on the Sims2 and would like to make my sims look more realistic? (Skin, Hair, Eyes)
Would i use Photoshop somehow?
Nobody seems to reply to me... Thanks alot. xxx
Instructor
#79 Old 10th Dec 2007 at 12:07 PM
Test Subject
#80 Old 5th Jan 2008 at 12:14 AM
urm... *rasies hand* i might,WILL sound like an idiot when i say this but, were do I get paintshop? >_< I know,im stupid :P

Letters are WEIRD!
Test Subject
#81 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 2:18 AM
Default Photoshop.
Will Photoshop Elements 6 do the same things as photoshop when it comes to editing sims pics?
Test Subject
#82 Old 10th Jan 2008 at 3:10 PM
As the link HystericalParoxism posted doesn't work anymore (at least not for me), here's some other handy eye-making tutorials:
http://my.en.com/~kimo/eyemap-tut.html
http://www.n-sane.net/graphics/crys...-iris/index.php

I could post something short on how to paint some nice looking (bit unrealistical tough) eyes with a mouse. If I can do it, anyone can.
Test Subject
#83 Old 28th Jan 2008 at 9:28 AM
how do i make clothes and hair trasnsparent without making it completly invisable?i have only been moding for a little while and im not realy the best modder in the world sence i cant even afford to buy a 3d program and im WAY to scared to try and use hacks and the only texturing program i have is paint.net
Test Subject
#84 Old 14th Feb 2008 at 11:45 AM
Try modifying the alpha file so the white is gray. If you want it more transparent, make it darker gray, and the other way around.
Test Subject
#85 Old 20th Feb 2008 at 3:55 PM
Nobbie here hehe ^_^
I'm reading about how you can do it on photoshop.
Can you do t on photoshop elements 4.0?
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#86 Old 21st Feb 2008 at 5:26 AM
liliedove - you will need to figure out what abilities you have with photoshop elements, and see how they correspond to any photoshop tips people share.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Test Subject
#87 Old 17th Mar 2008 at 2:59 PM
Hey i would love sme help i want to start making some clothes but what should i do what should i Download Help anyone??????
Test Subject
#88 Old 17th Mar 2008 at 3:01 PM
anyone here by the way
Lab Assistant
#89 Old 17th Mar 2008 at 9:54 PM
would you happen to noe how to a tool that can fix skintones on sim? I have a really nice skintone for my sim but its kinda shinny in some areas, i have already tried the heal brush tool. Can anyone help! :S
Test Subject
#90 Old 1st Apr 2008 at 10:36 PM
SweetFoxy24: This forum doesnt move anywhere near fast enough for you to get a reply within two minutes. Patience is a virtue. Go here: ( http://modthesims2.com/wiki.php?tit...thing_Tutorials ) and you'll find lots of really helpful tutorials on making clothing. If your "what should I download" question was refering to what image program: Paint.net and The Gimp are free, but Paintshop Pro and Photoshop are much much better if you want to spend a little more (You can pick up old/used versions on eBay quite cheaply). Jsut dont use MS paint.

dannylin902: Try selecting a colour using the eyedropper tool thats a few shades darker than the shiny bit, and using a low opacity brush to paint over it until you're happy? Or you could try playing around with the contrast, but I'm not sure how well that would work.
Test Subject
#91 Old 16th Sep 2008 at 3:17 AM
Mmk, I know how to use photoshop pretty well, and I can find skin frames to edit color and texture and things, but what I want to know is: how do I save it and load it into the game?
Test Subject
#92 Old 16th Sep 2008 at 10:55 PM
What Program to Use??
Greetings,

Is Photoshop or Paintshop the best/easiest/most used program for modding?

And, what is Milkshape and how does it enter into the mix?

I'd like to try modding, but I'm confused as to which program(s) to use. I just looked at the Photoshop homepage, and they have so many elements and add-ons I wouldn't even know what I needed to purchase.

This is the best thread I could find for this question. If there is a "correct" one please direct me there.

Many Thanks,

Vy
Scholar
#93 Old 29th Sep 2008 at 8:29 AM
hi, i am kinda new to photoshop and making clothes for the sims ( correctly of course <3)
and i was wondering where can i find front and behind pictures of clothes to use to make my own for the sims? there was a tutorial on this but it was a wee bit difficult for me, and i also want to know how to make a nice jeans-like fabric and how to make pockets and such for them, any help please?

"Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure"

Yet another Tumblr
Livejournal
Test Subject
#94 Old 17th Oct 2008 at 2:57 PM
Vx_Lasher: Flatten all your layers (Ctrl+Alt+E) and save it as a .bmp. Go into bodyshop and press the import button.

Vyolet: Personally, I find photoshop easier. It's the industry standard image editor, and although the newer versions can be a bit pricey you can pick up a used version of 7.0 (which does everything you need, it's what I use) on eBay quite cheaply.
Milkshape is a meshing tool - it's used to change the shape of the outfit/hair/object/whatever. It's a lot more advanced than just recolouring though and I'd strongly suggest you get that up to scratch before attempting meshing.
All you really need to recolour outfits is bodyshop and an image editor that isn't MS Paint. Why not try looking at some of the tutorials? They'll give you a good idea of how everything's put together and stuff. Good luck!

thedivineone: gojane and fovever21 both provide front and back images. There are other sites as well, but try to only use the pictures that are of clothes on, not laid out flat because then you get shadows in all forts of odd places. As for the jeans, it's been a long while since I made any so I can't help you there.
Test Subject
#95 Old 11th Nov 2008 at 12:54 AM
where is the feather tool i've searched every where and i can't find it (i have adobe photoshop 7)
Test Subject
#96 Old 30th Nov 2008 at 5:43 PM
pixelcat: To feather a selection, Go to select>feather and enter the ammount you'd like to feather it in the boy. You might have to play around a bit to get what you want. Alternatively, press Q to go into quick mask mode (you can either make your selection beforehand or select it with that, just paint the parts you want selected and a low opacity red will show up over them) and then use a blur filter or the smudge tool to get a similar effect and press Q again to reurn to the normal mode. I prefer the Quick Mask way because it's easier to see what you're selecting.

Hope I helped.
Test Subject
#97 Old 1st Dec 2008 at 2:07 AM
thx phlegm
Test Subject
#98 Old 19th Feb 2009 at 12:07 AM
umm... any free versions of photo shop?
and where and how can i make body meshes?
just wanted to know!!
=)
Test Subject
#99 Old 1st Apr 2009 at 7:12 PM
VampireMuse: GIMP (there's a few GIMP specific tutorials on here) and Paint.NET. I've never used either so I can't say how easy they are to use. If you can spend a little money you can pick up older versions of photoshop (I use 7.0) on eBay quite cheaply.

Creating meshes is difficult, and you'll get a similar respose from most people: do some recolouring first. However, meshing isn't my area of expertise so what I can tell you is very limited, but there's a meshing forum and you can learn about it there.
Page 4 of 4