Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#351 Old 30th Jan 2011 at 8:02 PM
Do you have custom content enabled in your game?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#352 Old 31st Jan 2011 at 4:48 PM
yes I do, could that cause a problem when making my own custom content? (like recoloring?)
Mad Poster
#353 Old 31st Jan 2011 at 7:56 PM
No, it won't cause a problem. It should be enabled.

Are you sure your files are in the right Saved Sims and Projects folders? If you have anything like Any Game Starter on your computer, you can end up with multiple copies of those folders.
Test Subject
#354 Old 31st Jan 2011 at 11:43 PM
No I don't have such a program, but I discovered a way. I put the .package file in the folder 'downloads' and now the game does show the recolored clothes! Thank you for the suggestions, I really appreciate it!
Test Subject
#355 Old 21st Feb 2011 at 3:16 AM
you can use gimp too. thats what i used and everything turned out beautiful!! thanks!!!
Test Subject
#356 Old 6th Mar 2011 at 3:39 AM
i need help please reply back my body shop doesnt work or want to open
Test Subject
#357 Old 6th Mar 2011 at 3:41 AM
my body shop dont want to open
Mad Poster
#358 Old 6th Mar 2011 at 7:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DelfinaC99
my body shop dont want to open

Make sure you're using the Body Shop that came with your most recent expansion pack.
Test Subject
#359 Old 15th May 2011 at 3:29 AM
The images to help us along have disappeared from the tutorial. I know they're still down at the bottom, but it makes the tutorial harder to follow if you keep having to scroll down and back all the time.
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#360 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 12:46 PM Last edited by porkypine : 5th Jun 2011 at 3:56 AM. Reason: Wiki version created and posted
Hi!

I have the missing image files for this tutorial. I have RAR'd them and uploaded them to Creator Issues. Would one of the supermod types unpack them and put them back please? I don't have the access. The missing image files all have MTS_(a number)_Faylen_(image name).jpg as their names.

Sacharissa. I used your post to report that I have the missing images.

~ porky

I made a wiki version of Faylen's tutorial with the images next to each section.
http://www.simswiki.info/wiki.php?t..._-_wiki_version

Now that that's done. I am off to make a TS2 recolor for JUNE Fitness!
Test Subject
#361 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 5:42 PM
Default Problem (little)
Quote: Originally posted by Faylen
This tutorial is now a wiki article, thanks to porkypine! See http://www.simswiki.info/wiki.php?t..._-_wiki_version

HI!
I love how you're doing this!
But when I export a dress, I have to give it a name, i did 'greendress' and I clicked the 'export' button and then nothing happens! really nothing! HELP ME!
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#362 Old 25th Jul 2011 at 7:16 AM
m-nno55, did you look in My documents/EA games/ Sims2/ Projects? You should find a folder there called greendress and also a package file in your saved sims folder called (buncha-hex-numbers)greendress.package
Test Subject
#363 Old 7th Feb 2014 at 8:53 PM
Hi, I am using Adobe Photoshop 5.0 (Limited Edition - Yes, I do know that it is old ) And I was just wondering - how do you save the image files as Bitmaps? Because when I click the arrow that shows more options for saving as image types, Bitmap (.bmp) isn't an option! I'm sorry if this has been already asked half a dozen times, but I would like to know, if you know.
Thanks again
-xXRIPMCRXx
Mad Poster
#364 Old 8th Feb 2014 at 6:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xXRIPMCRXx
Hi, I am using Adobe Photoshop 5.0 (Limited Edition - Yes, I do know that it is old ) And I was just wondering - how do you save the image files as Bitmaps? Because when I click the arrow that shows more options for saving as image types, Bitmap (.bmp) isn't an option! I'm sorry if this has been already asked half a dozen times, but I would like to know, if you know.
Thanks again
-xXRIPMCRXx

I used to use the really old, limited-edition versions of Body Shop. They absolutely should have the option for bitmaps; it's one of the oldest image file formats I can remember using!

If the option isn't showing up... have you flattened your image? Bitmaps can't save layers, so if your image still has layers, Photoshop isn't going to let you save it as a bitmap.
Test Subject
#365 Old 5th Jul 2014 at 9:17 PM
Hi! I don´t know how to crop clothes and how to put shoes.. tha kind of things, if you could make a tutorial about that I would be very Glad.. thank you! :D
Mad Poster
#366 Old 5th Jul 2014 at 11:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MyCandyCrush
Hi! I don´t know how to crop clothes and how to put shoes.. tha kind of things, if you could make a tutorial about that I would be very Glad.. thank you! :D

You can do a simple "crop" of shirts by adjusting the alpha texture (that's the black and white one). There's a tutorial explaining that sort of thing here. You can do the same thing with shoes, as long as the basic shape of the shoes is the same and they're mapped the same way.

To actually crop clothing and change the shape of shoes, you need to learn meshing... not just recolouring. There are some great basic tutorials in the meshing section here on MTS. Start with this one.
Instructor
#367 Old 18th Jul 2016 at 5:23 AM
I want to thank you Faylen for your Tutorial.

It was so simple and easy to understand..I made my first Body Shop Recolor..now the color didn't come out like yours but that is ok for me..for now lol

I am having problems with CC showing up in my Body Shop and CAS..and have been on here working on that as well as with EA/Origin..finally simmer22 came along and gave me your link to this wonderful tutorial..and at least my Body Shop and CAS items that I created did work and show..

I just wanted to say thank you..for your hard work on making a simple with pictures lol tutorial for us idiots that don't understand computer language and look at a program and go into panic mode lol..
Test Subject
#368 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 12:52 PM
Please someone can help me I have problems in do this recolours. The clothes stays with the same colour which it had when I made the project. Please someone can help me?
Ps: I use Ultimate Collection without origin.
Mad Poster
#369 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 8:54 PM
Did you save the textures properly? Did you click the "update" button in Bodyshop (looks like a rounded arrow, next to the field you can write tooltips)?
Test Subject
#370 Old 12th Feb 2024 at 9:42 PM
Still relevant almost 20 years later. Thanks!
Page 15 of 15