Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd May 2019 at 11:51 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Empty wants slots
Hello!
Some of my sims have empty wants slots. The only thing common is all of them were grown up via Age Manipulator (part of Sim Manipulator mod). None of sims who aged naturally or didn't age at all have this issue. Most of them fixed themselves when I age them up but now the problem came back to one (and probably others, I didn't check yet) of these sims. I am sure no sims were deleted so it's likely aging issue.

What I tried:
1. Rerolling wants via Aspiration Manipulator and batbox.
2. Changing aspiration (only Cheese give proper wants, other end with empty slots as well).
3. Adding want slots.
4. Forcing error via TestingCheats and reset. Also I left this cheat enabled for a while but no want controller issues followed.
5. Hood Checker (shows no broken wants/fears).
6. Deleting her SWAF resource in SimPE (it changed her LTW but problem persists).

Is there a way to fix this?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 2nd May 2019 at 9:23 PM
There's something in the program called a wants tree. The way I understand this, when you fulfill a want for a sim, it triggers certain other wants to potentially role up. So if a sim has no life experiences, like these you described, then they might not have enough possible wants to roll.
So a popularity sim might want to meet someone new, then they might want to talk to or entertain or admire or play with their new acquaintance, then become friends with them, then best friends, then bff. Most popularity sims by the time they have become teens and thus popularity sims have several sims they know and might roll wants to interact with. They might have hobbies to roll wants for, etc.

See if by playing one of your empty wants sims for a few sim days you can get rid of the empty slots. Take them to a community lot and have them meet a bunch of other sims, try a few hobbies, get good or bad grades, etc.

Deleting the SWAF will cause this problem as well, because the sim has no history to draw on to roll wants from, so it's like having a blank sim.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd May 2019 at 11:11 PM
Thank you for reply, @Sunbee! I will try playing her a bit and see if problem is still there. Luckily I made backup before deleting her SWAF.
Quote:
So if a sim has no life experiences, like these you described, then they might not have enough possible wants to roll.

The strangest thing is Violette (the first sim who suffered from this glitch and have it again) actually has life experience. After that "healing" aging up she had her first kiss, several dates, BFF and so on but indirectly (I played not Violette but her sweetheart). When I made her enter the university everything was OK, then I played other family a bit, came back to Violette and saw blank slots. Kinda weird.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 2nd May 2019 at 11:21 PM
This does not happen to me often, but it goes away as I play that sim. Eventually, all the slots are filled up again.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Field Researcher
#5 Old 3rd May 2019 at 1:01 AM
This happens to sims in my game randomly, not sure why, but I can usually fix it by having them go on a date.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 3rd May 2019 at 3:13 AM
Hey..as a matter of fact, it just happened in my game with this toddler...for no reason.
It is Wednesday, and I am waiting to see if fulfilling her want to get a logic skill point will help...
It did
*goes back in game*
Screenshots

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th May 2019 at 11:30 PM
Thank you all very much!
I played these sims a bit (a very little bit, it took only moving in new residents) and all slots fixed itself. My problem is solved, hope it won't happen again.