Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#176 Old 2nd May 2019 at 9:23 PM
Custom-made pieces!

There's a little bit from Late Night and Ambitions, but that's about it.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#177 Old 2nd May 2019 at 9:41 PM
Oh wow, really? Texture work had me fooled.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Scholar
#178 Old 11th May 2019 at 3:43 PM
Hey @jje1000 I was wondering if in next Boroughsburg update you could include bar or dance club. Boroughsburg looks perfect for nightlife, but there is not much hot spots in city.
Mad Poster
#179 Old 17th May 2019 at 11:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nemiga
Hey @jje1000 I was wondering if in next Boroughsburg update you could include bar or dance club. Boroughsburg looks perfect for nightlife, but there is not much hot spots in city.

Will definitely include a club in the final version of the world download, looking for some player-built lots as well at the moment as building all of the lots will be time-consuming.

The current version of Boroughsburg was released intentionally as a Let's Build'- an empty first release for people to build lots in.
Test Subject
#180 Old 29th May 2019 at 3:43 PM
It is a real creation gems! Boroughsburg is very neat and detailed for TS3 so far.

Besides the distance terrain and customs stuff creator put into this CAW, I really impressed with the realistic sidewalks and widen street surface. It makes streets look more realistic with parallel parking. Also, the sidewalk curve makes it feels like the pavement part is a little bit higher than the asphalt surface when it is actually flat in the game.

I would like to know how to create streets like this. Can anybody please explain or reply me with tutorial link for this, I would be appreciated.
Thank you.
Test Subject
#181 Old 19th Jun 2019 at 5:31 PM
OK, so when I install the world it's fine, but when I install the updates this happens https://imgur.com/1iynL0I
Could someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
Test Subject
#182 Old 19th Jun 2019 at 5:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iKatja
OK, so when I install the world it's fine, but when I install the updates this happens https://imgur.com/1iynL0I
Could someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I'm having the exact same problem! Except I downloaded the whole world, not the update.
Top Secret Researcher
#183 Old 19th Jun 2019 at 6:19 PM
@iKatja @beboptop It seems you didn't install all required CC, the billbords on the lots should be shells. Did you make sure to follow the instructions that come with the download?
Test Subject
#184 Old 19th Jun 2019 at 6:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Norn
@iKatja @beboptop It seems you didn't install all required CC, the billbords on the lots should be shells. Did you make sure to follow the instructions that come with the download?

Yes, I followed the instructions. It's my second attempt to install the world and I get the same result as seen in the picture.
Test Subject
#185 Old 20th Jun 2019 at 10:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Norn

Ah, I think I’m just having trouble with CC Magic! I put all of the required CC in my mods folder instead of using CCM and it worked!
Instructor
#186 Old 21st Jun 2019 at 8:58 AM
Here's a Gym, for anyone who's interested

https://simsmidgen.tumblr.com/post/...very-loosely-on
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#187 Old 21st Jun 2019 at 11:04 PM
Ooh I like this one.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Test Subject
#188 Old 27th Jun 2019 at 10:11 AM
Hi @jje1000!
First your world is amazing and I absolutly love it.
I'm currently building a world and I really would love to add an eleated subway like in Boroughsburg.
Could you help me with it and the bridge?
Thanks
Test Subject
#189 Old 9th Aug 2019 at 3:58 AM
Default Brooklyn NYC apartment
English:
So, I haven't played the sims 3 in a while, but this world gave me the impulse to play again. It's absurdly better and better done than any world made by EA itself, congratulations. I am a Brazilian student of architecture and urbanism and these 19th-century arts & crafts buildings give me architectural chills, they are very well set.
These are two buildings I created last night. I think they are still simple, so maybe I will try to remake them when I have more creativity with the material (besides the CC required, I am setting the world for the years 1965-1968)

Português:
entao, ja faz um tempo que eu nao jogava the sims 3, mas esse mundo me deu impulso para voltar a jogar. É absurdamente melhor e mais bem feito do que qualquer mundo feito pela propria EA, parabens. Eu sou um estudante brasileiro de arquitetura e urbanismo e esses predios em arts&crafts do seculo XIX me dão chills arquitetonicos, sao muito bem ambientados.
Esses sao dois predios que eu criei noite passada. eu acho que eles ainda estao simples, entao quem sabe eu tente refaze-los quando tiver mais criatividade com o material (alem do CC necessario, eu estou ambientando o mundo para os anos entre 1965 e 1968)
Screenshots
Test Subject
#190 Old 1st Sep 2019 at 11:51 AM
Thank jje1000 for your beautiful world. I'm in love with it. But there is one thing that I don't like is the replacement of the ice cream truck. How can I get that old ice cream truck from EA back? And thank you so much again for this amazing world :D
Test Subject
#191 Old 2nd Sep 2019 at 12:52 AM
And somehow I can't water ski in your world. Can you check that please?
Mad Poster
#192 Old 2nd Sep 2019 at 2:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by taleshilaricki
These are two buildings I created last night.

Those look great! I hope you will post interior photos for us later.
Mad Poster
#193 Old 13th Sep 2019 at 2:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rickle0102
Thank jje1000 for your beautiful world. I'm in love with it. But there is one thing that I don't like is the replacement of the ice cream truck. How can I get that old ice cream truck from EA back? And thank you so much again for this amazing world :D

Thanks! The replacement of the ice cream truck should be separate though- but if you've already merged the files, use S3PE to find the texture file in the main Boroughsburg CC package and delete it.

Current lot status (black- claimed, white- lot rescale):

Some WIP builds and fixes:

More below:
Mad Poster
#194 Old 13th Sep 2019 at 6:34 PM
Pretty! Just can't help but get the feeling that Bruhsbruh is doing my work for me. I've been using your assets on my sets, @jje1000, and they're entirely too good for me.

insert signature here
Theorist
#195 Old 13th Sep 2019 at 6:50 PM
One of those lots looks like the Ghostbusters HQ.....

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Mad Poster
#196 Old 14th Sep 2019 at 12:41 AM
I should fucking slap myself for hearing the theme to Weird Science while reading your comment. It's probably because I don't like Ghostbusters all that much. Certainly not any better than part 2

insert signature here
Lab Assistant
#197 Old 15th Sep 2019 at 5:48 AM
Just made a couple residential lots for 54 and 56 Badford Ave. Put for download on Tumblr.

My WIP now is the SimsBoro Hotel (9 Jamestown Street). It'll work as a resort, w/ 4 VIP suites
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#198 Old 22nd Sep 2019 at 7:06 PM
With the addition of mwthesims's lots (and some shuffling around of built lots), the current lot map:

Black = Claimed/WIP/Finished
White = Lot size rework in the future
Lab Assistant
#199 Old 22nd Sep 2019 at 9:14 PM
@jje1000 It's nice to see how much the map is advancing, and I'm also glad u like the Panapaca Pub and the two last lots I've built. But I noticed the lack of a Day Spa RH. Where will it be?
Mad Poster
#200 Old 23rd Sep 2019 at 12:30 AM
If a spa RH is included, I'd probably use Jynx's rugs, and include Arsil's massage tables- just to make the lot more interactive.

The location is a good question- I'd like it to be close to the commercial district- but I don't think it needs its own lot.

It might be dropped at 32 Badford (alongside the Bank/Business RH), or at 502 Kant (where the Hotel Royale is atm).
Page 8 of 13