Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jun 2023 at 10:38 AM
Default Help with changing default colour of an object
Hello !

I've had a look at a couple of tutorials etc about this topic and have managed to recolor other objects like bridges and rabbit holes but for one object in particular (a streetlight) I'm having some difficulty with !

It's strange because I can recolour the object fine when it is placed on a lot in game, but it won't let me drag the color swatch onto the object for the ones placed in CAW...? So not sure if there's a setting to allowing a swatch to be dragged onto it (if that makes sense lol)

I've attached the .package alongside the image of what it looks like and what I'm trying to achieve.

Thank you so much for any help that you can provide!
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  trutje_EA-edit_UnderTheTreesStreetLights_clean.package.zip (599.3 KB, 7 downloads)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 21st Jun 2023 at 12:48 AM Last edited by daisylee : 24th Jun 2023 at 9:24 AM.
You can never drag a color swatch from a lot to something off a lot.

(edit: which I have learned is totally wrong as it can be done. So I will just delete the rest of this as not useful at all. Color me having learned something new. )
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 21st Jun 2023 at 8:04 AM
Is this a store object? How did you install that object? And how did you recolour it? As in, cloning the object and replacing the textures? Or did you just use the CaSt-Tool in CAW EIG and tried to drag the colour swatch?

@Daisylee Yes you can
Mad Poster
#4 Old 21st Jun 2023 at 11:36 PM Last edited by daisylee : 21st Jun 2023 at 11:56 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Norn
Is this a store object? How did you install that object? And how did you recolour it? As in, cloning the object and replacing the textures? Or did you just use the CaSt-Tool in CAW EIG and tried to drag the colour swatch?

@Daisylee Yes you can

You can drag from a lot to an item off the lot? Is this just in EIG? We cannot do in regular game afaik?

Note written to try this next time in EIG.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 22nd Jun 2023 at 7:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
You can drag from a lot to an item off the lot? Is this just in EIG? We cannot do in regular game afaik?

I've never tried it in game But I definitely did it in EIG. Also changing the light colour off-lot.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 23rd Jun 2023 at 7:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Norn
I've never tried it in game But I definitely did it in EIG. Also changing the light colour off-lot.

I will have to remember to try this for sure! Thank you for this info.
Instructor
#7 Old 23rd Jun 2023 at 9:42 AM
I've not worked with CAW beyond sculpting terrain yet, but my immediate thoughts on taking a look at the package is that it uses resources that aren't included with it.
Importantly, the channels for CAST aren't in the package but probably using the original ones from the University Life object this was edited from. CAW might not be able to understand this item is CASTable.

Worth checking that CAW recognises your expansions, or cloning the object in S3OC and allowing that to 'find missing resources' so a copy of them are available in the package.
Test Subject
#8 Old 24th Jun 2023 at 1:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
You can never drag a color swatch from a lot to something off a lot. For the recolor to be in CAW you have to place a recolored one in your CAW enabled items folder in your docs. As you must have done for the bridge and other things. If you have done that and it still is not in CAW, some others may be able to help, or you missed something doing that item?

As Norn said, you can do this as long as the item is recolorable and within reach of the lot you're in build mode on! My little library item has so many presets and is placeable in CAW and world editor, but to recolor it from the default preset you have to drag the preset to the item from a lot https://riverianepondsims.tumblr.co...tle-library-the
Mad Poster
#9 Old 24th Jun 2023 at 8:48 AM Last edited by daisylee : 24th Jun 2023 at 9:22 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by EpicNumberONE
https://riverianepondsims.tumblr.co...tle-library-the

I love that little library! Thank you! There is one almost just like that at one place I have.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AND I was just in the game and not in EIG and had no problem dragging a color combo to a picnic table off a lot. Golly, shucks! I done learned something new! Thank you!