Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jan 2006 at 11:37 AM Last edited by Enayla : 20th Jan 2006 at 12:08 PM.
Default What skintones would you like to see?
Hi guys,
I've fixed my old skintone template, and I'm now working on massive amounts of recolours: I just thought I'd offer to take a few requests. I can't do all of it, but I can do a few at least.

The ones I have with the new 'style' (knees in right place, nipples looking good, some fixed transitions etc), are these:

What else would you like to see?

I'm redoing the blue midnight one, it has some issues, but aside from that - I'm sort of running out of ideas.

(and please no, 'skin like that person from that comic' - I'd like these to be original, not imitations of someone else's work )
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 20th Jan 2006 at 6:18 PM
Wow looks georgious I love your artwork
I read that you are working on a blue tone but ehm maybe you could do a green skin to or some kind of earthtone with leaves or something :P
You know like earth,wind,water,fire but than in skintone ;D
Lol sorry maybe a weird idea but I love fantasy and the 4 elements aren't made before ^^
Test Subject
#3 Old 20th Jan 2006 at 8:31 PM
Maybe Salmon-pink. How about Grey? Also Purple and maybe Silver? I know someone who'd like a muted green and I'd like Rosy (pale pink), milky (whitish-cream), bronze (bronze colour) and B.U.M. - Bermuda Undiluted Marilybone (A really strong brown like mahogany).

Cheers!
(())Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that
//\\has survived, died, or is living with cancer.
Test Subject
#4 Old 20th Jan 2006 at 10:01 PM
I'd love a spring green tone (more yellow than blue) as I have a good darker blued green skin already. Apart from this I'd like a nice purple skin, not too dark but not pale either. Difficult to discribe really but sort of half way across the range. I really love the colours you have already done. I think the rich gold will be excellent in my game and the sweet fall - I love freckles. Thanks so much for letting us have your wonderful creations.
#5 Old 20th Jan 2006 at 10:39 PM
3 words make bigger boobs
Feeder of Cheesecake to Llamas
retired moderator
#6 Old 21st Jan 2006 at 12:05 AM
That's meshing, not skinning. We have plenty of different body meshes in downloads.

"Living well is the best revenge. . ." George Bernard Shaw
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#7 Old 21st Jan 2006 at 12:23 AM
A recolour suitable for alien sims (a greyish green) would be awesome. Also, perhaps something similar to the Blue Midnight skin, maybe a smidge darker, and without the blue tone (or lessened, closer to greyscale) for drow.

I love your way of painting skintones, Enayla. And... as much as I adore your work on Sims stuff... don't let your work on it pull you too far away from your art projects. As gorgeous as your Sims creations are, your artistic work is even more impressive. Being an artist myself, I know how distracting creating Sims stuff can be, but you've got an incredible talent for that, so, y'know, keep in practice in drawing pretty boys, k?
Test Subject
#8 Old 21st Jan 2006 at 2:50 AM
After looking at all the skintones (they look amazing in game,) I'd like a recolor that's a bit lighter than sweet fall and a recolor that's near the tone of your dollface skintone.

Thanks so much for sharing your amazing skintones with us, Enayla, and for letting us ask for recolors!
Forum Resident
#9 Old 21st Jan 2006 at 2:52 AM
Those are all such beautiful skin tones. Seeing your work, I'd say anything else by you would look great!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 21st Jan 2006 at 10:56 AM
How about some asian skins?
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 21st Jan 2006 at 1:38 PM
Ooh, and I tell you what I would *really* like...

Default replacements. My NPCs look really shoddy now that I have replaced all my PC's skins with yours (and boy was that a long-winded process). I could use TS2 enhancer to go through all my NPCs, but the damn game would just generate more in default skins.

I've had a look at a couple of tutorials for making default replacements, for my own use, using SimsPE, but I don't think I can handle it.

Would you be able to make a default replacement set (perhaps using Alabaster, Sweet Fall, Rich gold and Rich earth)? If not would you be willing to give permission to someone who could?
Test Subject
#12 Old 21st Jan 2006 at 8:18 PM
Seconding default replacements.

For real colours, maybe a slightly darker version of 'Rich Earth', 'Dusk' is nice but it's cold, so maybe a darker skin with warmer tones? These are absolutely amazing by the way, I haven't seen anything like it.
Feeder of Cheesecake to Llamas
retired moderator
#13 Old 21st Jan 2006 at 10:32 PM
If you do replace townie skins with these, post some screenshots. I'd love to see if they still manage to be so fugly even with nice skins. . .

"Living well is the best revenge. . ." George Bernard Shaw
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 22nd Jan 2006 at 9:08 AM
The NPCs are ugly because somone at maxis has a very strange idea about appropriate jaw and nose sizes, perhaps the NPC skins are made by a boxing fan? I have manually change the skins of a few of the 'prettier' NPCs and they still look very dodgy :P
#15 Old 23rd Jan 2006 at 12:00 AM
where do i get this for my game use???
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 23rd Jan 2006 at 12:03 AM
maybe a light tone without the blue around the eyes.?

-->98% of teenagers do or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your siggy. <--
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 23rd Jan 2006 at 9:48 PM
Hi everyone I've been working on a regular painting all weekend, so I've not managed to get around to doing any more skins yet.

My NEXT set that I have planned is a horror skin set (vampires, zombies, aliens etc), but if someone promises to help me make a default set -- I would be happy to do colours that correspond to the original maxis ones, and hand them over to whoever wants to help me out and do replacements out of them. That would be lots of fun. I've tried to figure the replacement tutorial out on my own but it's just a little beyond me.

If any of you guys feel like giving it a try, give me a holler: I'll make the skin tones and I'll gladly send them over.

Herrington - there's a thread in the download section called 'improved collection #1' with all these skins.

As for bigger boobs - no way. I really like the proportions in Sims2. If anyone wants Ms Silicone, they'll have to go elsewhere for their needs.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 24th Jan 2006 at 4:41 PM
i could use a green alien skin and a yellow skin for the simpson family
Test Subject
#19 Old 24th Jan 2006 at 8:39 PM Last edited by pixelflesh : 2nd Feb 2006 at 9:48 AM.
I'd love to see more skin like rich earth and dusk. Maybe a couple of shades above rich earth.
They are so gorgeous and life like they remind me of model Jessica White. Especially in the collar bone area.
I even found a couple of good examples.

JW1
JW2
Forum Resident
#20 Old 25th Jan 2006 at 2:24 AM
I absolutely love these. I've been making gobs of characters in body shop. I'd like to second the default replacement idea. An alien type replacement would complete it very nicely.

Recolored elf ears to match would be marvelous too, and more eyes. Yours are so very beautiful.

I'm sure anything you come up with will be gorgeous. :salute:
Test Subject
#21 Old 27th Jan 2006 at 5:29 PM
Default warm brown tones please
Hi! I saw in my previous reply that you have a place to request skins, so I've reposted here.

I've been trying to make myself as a Sim. I'm African American, but my skintone is more along the medium to light honey brown tone; somewhere between the RichEarth and SweetFall. Most of the darker skin tones are only two shades, nothing in between. Your tones have the best sense of warmth and depth and subtle variation! I just love them. :baloons:
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 29th Jan 2006 at 3:28 PM
Hi everyone

I've finished my horror skin set, but I've now become aware of the fact that it's really quite pointless unless I can make the skins into replacements... and here's the bad bit - I've tried, I swear I have, but I can't figure out how to do this, no matter how many tutorials I read. It's just too technical for me. I can do the art side of this but the technical side makes absolutely no sense to me - not to mention that SimPE doesn't work well at ALL on my computer. It crashes every five minutes or so, making a process like this hopeless.

It's simply a no-can-do. It's a pity - I liked the zombie skin in particular.

And the alien skin seemed quite popular.

If there is ANYONE willing to help out and make these into replacement skins, please, please, I would owe you a huge favour. I'll upload them as regular skins for now though With the vamp one.

Next up - more natural skintones.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 29th Jan 2006 at 8:55 PM
Hmmm, how about some elven skin-tones? Beautiful and delicate, sutable for the Tolkien style of Lothlorien elve's or a slightly wilder looking one sutable for wild and/or wood elves?
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 30th Jan 2006 at 12:55 PM
I'd like to see a slightly lighter version of the Rich Earth... for lack of a better explanation, someone that has both "white" and "black" ancestry... I do have a picture of exactly the skin tone I am thinking, but I don't want to post it here due to copyright reasons (it's a photo of a real person, which for maybe a better explanation of the skintone I seek, she was quoted as saying "I'm a cajun"), but if you are interested in making it, I can show you the photo privately.
Forum Resident
#25 Old 30th Jan 2006 at 2:52 PM Last edited by jmtmom : 30th Jan 2006 at 3:03 PM. Reason: forgot url
Default Custom defaults in a few clicks?
OK, over at MATY, someone has posted a process that results in custom defaults with one or 2 clicks with SimPe. :gonemad:

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...hp?topic=2194.0

Anyone want to try it? I've been working on this with an only slightly more complicated process I found earlier in the thread, so I don't want to undo what I've done already and I just don't have the time to bother with it for a while. I did fire up SimPE and found all the tabs as described though.

If this is true, it should solve everyone's problems. :baloons:

Edited: I couldn't resist, so I did this for the mannequin skin and it WORKED! :gonemad:

Simply amazing!
Locked thread | Locked by: HystericalParoxysm Reason: Enough suggestions to last any creator a lifetime. ;)
Page 1 of 4